Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Steve Yun posted:

https://x.com/danibeckman/status/1783235920969572551?s=46

we have techniques for differentiating between live virus and virus particles but aren’t using them for some reason

Just smackdab between the range of ‘absolutely safe’ to ‘do not loving drink’ and the dairy companies are giving the government the pouty dog look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/meganmolteni/status/1783543511297442272?s=46

good news guys, the virus is in only 20% of our milk

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

we have techniques for differentiating between live virus and virus particles but aren’t using them for some reason

there's a perfectly good reason for this:

quote:

The lengthy statement the agency released does not explicitly say FDA laboratories were unable to find live virus in the milk samples, but it does state that its belief that commercial, pasteurized milk is safe to consume has not been altered by these findings.

milk beliefs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The shelf-stable milk portfolio delivers once again. :smugdog:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Actually it's just the flu so it's safe to consume even if you get it and what about the opportunity costs of not drinking milk, do you want children's bones to be brittle and snap you monster

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmmmmmmm I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
drat, what happened in 2020?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

time to switch to vegan milks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’ll embrace powdered milk before I stoop to almonds.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

U-DO Burger posted:

milk beliefs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd sooner cut milk from my diet altogether

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Today’s one of my required on-site work days. The coworker who got got a few weeks ago kindly used a sick day instead of coming in, because she actually cares about the whole not spreading disease thing.

To make up for it, a different coworker came in who has been intermittently coughing all day, and she just had to visit my cube specifically to tell me it was just allergies/asthma. Granted, it sounds like a dry cough and she otherwise seems normal, so maybe she’s right even if I’ve never heard her cough like this before. Nevertheless… N95, don’t fail me now.

Also, my milk belief is vegan milk doesn’t exist, because everybody knows milk comes out from teats and have you ever seen an almond with teats? :smuggo: Rule 34 doesn’t count

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/josheidelson/status/1783476190390743309?s=46

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

There will be adequate chicken

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
for a second I thought it was because they were erring on the side of caution and wanting to prevent their employees from getting sick, a fleeting fantasy of corporations caring about their staff, hahahaha.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

an owls casket posted:

for a second I thought it was because they were erring on the side of caution and wanting to prevent their employees from getting sick, a fleeting fantasy of corporations caring about their staff, hahahaha.

I too had this brief glimmer of stupidity.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hear you can immunize yourself against bird flu by eating massive amounts of chicken poo poo. tell your friends and relatives.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gonna ask Delta Airlines’ corporate doctor what he thinks about the chicken.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Guess when this picture of a crowded mall parking lot is from

July 3rd 2020, when we were all suffering under lockdowns

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I guessed June 2020. :shobon:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Guess when this picture of a crowded mall parking lot is from

July 3rd 2020, when we were all suffering under lockdowns

I remember local news did a story when our malls re-opened, and the people they interviewed were *so* *loving* *giddy* they got to go to a mall again.

Grown rear end adults and everything. I'd get it if they were teenagers.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/InspectionCan/status/1783514162355724751

Lmao. Sure, let not bother testing the milk because there's no evidence that there are any in the milk

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
But does pasteurization kill the good viruses?

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
pasteurization kills bacteria! also we're not testing raw milk! lol!

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Steve Yun posted:

good news guys, the virus is in only 20% of our milk

well there go, proof that this was all completely overblown. now to pass laws to make sure we never get a repeat of the insane milk lockdowns of 2023-2024 and make sure everybody eats out to help out from now on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Non-union armorer be like “I’m not going to check if the guns are loaded because no one is going to point them at someone and pull the trigger.”

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

maxwellhill posted:

well there go, proof that this was all completely overblown. now to pass laws to make sure we never get a repeat of the insane milk lockdowns of 2023-2024 and make sure everybody eats out to help out from now on.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
shouldn’t it be fine to cook with diseased milk/butter if it’s heated enough?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Grown rear end adults and everything. I'd get it if they were teenagers.

Teenagers aren't allowed to hang out in malls without an adult

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I can't believe it's not bird flu

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

I can't believe it's not bird flu

thread title

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Platystemon posted:

But does pasteurization kill the good viruses?

Infected milk debt rising

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sunak raiding the treasury to buy an Oster media blitz.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/inkblue01/status/1783621907536904518?s=46&t=rAoqWwDyfgw5Kx7mWPwNEg
lol well

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

wild, i would not have guessed that increased co2 makes the virus more physically stable

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

timely analysis from the boys down at the shop, headed by Rudolf Henkell-von Ribbentrop.

food safety is the number one concern and ranks as the fifth in list of concerns:

What is top of mind for dairy executives in 2024?

www.mckinsey.com posted:

As the global population grows, agriculture systems everywhere must find ways to feed humankind sustainably. The US dairy industry is no exception. C-suite and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) leaders in the sector are shaping dairy’s path to a sustainable future, but at the same time, they are being asked to account for new innovations, regulations, and economic factors.

To gain insight into how dairy executives’ priorities have shifted over time, McKinsey and the International Dairy Foods Association conducted their sixth annual survey of dairy executives in fourth quarter 2023 (see sidebar, “About the research”).1 In interviews and responses to survey questions, respondents shared what excites them about dairy, emerging challenges in the sector, and more.

A number of new findings emerged from this survey. The previous survey showed that concerns were divided between growth, resilience, and sustainability, but sustainability has moved to the center of the conversation. We have seen progress on sustainability commitments and actions, but challenges with addressing farm-level emissions remain. Other findings indicate that although there is much work to be done, dairy executives are optimistic about the future of the industry.

Dairy executive posted:

Dairy is just scratching the surface of unlocking value for consumers around the world.

### Product nutrition and innovation

Almost 30 percent of dairy executives we interviewed were most excited about the nutrition or “goodness” of their products, from the high nutrient density of yogurt to the potential for dairy protein ingredients. In addition, one-third of the executives we interviewed were excited about product innovations that allow them to better harness the nutrition of dairy. Excitement about innovation is not new—as far back as the 2018 Executive Sentiment Survey, product innovation was the second-most-cited response to the question, “What do you believe is your company’s top source of competitive advantage?” (17 percent).

## What keeps dairy leaders up at night?

Although there is much to be excited about in dairy, industry leaders do not wear rose-tinted glasses when looking toward the future. When we asked dairy leaders about their biggest concerns (what keeps them up at night), the most frequent answers were sustainability and regulation (Exhibit 2).

### Regulation

Many dairy leaders also cited regulation as a topic on their minds (13 percent). This makes sense, given that in the United States, national legislation affecting the dairy industry, including the Federal Milk Marketing Orders and the Farm Bill, have recently and will be revisited and renewed. Of particular interest is the Farm Bill, which covers a large suite of conservation programs and associated funding, including the $18 billion expansion of funds granted in the Inflation Reduction Act for agricultural practices that can mitigate and reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). In addition, on March 6, 2024, the US Securities and Exchange Commission adopted rules to enhance and standardize climate related disclosures, adding pressure on sustainability transparency.8

The past few years have also seen new environmental regulations concerning dairy. For example, California Senate Bill 1383, enacted in 2020, requires dairies to reduce methane emissions by 40 percent from 2013 levels by 2030. Dairy leaders are also looking at environmental regulation abroad and considering what the impact could be if the United States follows suit. Examples include the European Green Deal and New Zealand’s upcoming carbon tax on farm emissions.

##### About the author(s)

Rudolf Henkell-von Ribbentrop is an associate partner in McKinsey’s Washington, DC, office; Ludovic Meilhac is a partner in the Stamford office; and Emmy Moore is a consultant in the Bay Area office.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i found a pic of the author. rip
Rudolf von Ribbentrop, Son of Top Nazi Diplomat, Dies at 98

www.nytimes.com - Thu, 06 Jun 2019 posted:

Rudolf von Ribbentrop, an SS officer who shortly before the end of World War II in Europe accompanied his father, Joachim — Nazi Germany’s foreign minister — on a visit to a deluded Adolf Hitler in his bunker in Berlin, died on May 20 in Ratingen, Germany, near Düsseldorf. He was 98.

His survivors include a sister, Ursula Painvin, and a brother, Adolf.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The Oldest Man posted:

wild, i would not have guessed that increased co2 makes the virus more physically stable

If putting an alkaline solution (which is basic) up your nose would help prevent Covid, it makes sense that having a slightly more acidic air would help Covid stay stable.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Basic bitches stay winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

NeonPunk posted:

Lmao. Sure, let not bother testing the milk because there's no evidence that there are any in the milk

Hmmm I wonder why there's no evidence, and what could possibly be done to change that. Oh well