Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The ideal corporate strategy would be to reject RtO, downsize to a smaller office for any onsite operations that aren't covered by remote work and just outsource everything else to countries where you can pay fractions of pennies on the dollar for expensive white collar jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pingui posted:

Seems like a lot of people suffering from insomnia. Probably fine though, who needs sleep anyways.
"Sleep quality among non-hospitalized COVID-19 survivors: a national cross-sectional study"

News article on the matter:

Yeah, mine's been poo poo for years now. Some days I can't get any sleep, other days I'll wake up after eight hours and go back to bed for another eight.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why the gently caress is measles back? That was one of the big triumphs of 20th century medicine. As in, eliminating diseases with high mortality and permanent disability rates was one of the things that allowed modern society to get as big as it did, and if we let them come back we're all hosed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wouldn't eat those either. Not because of the name, because the price is way higher than the other options that sold out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The fact that I'm a malingering slacker doesn't change the fact that I'm suffering from long covid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Parody is dead, shamelessness killed it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Splitting hairs on the definition of airborne always seemed like a stupid take.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rochallor posted:

https://twitter.com/RageSheen/status/1781052990117568977

Preaching to the choir here but it is genuinely unbelievable how big of a failure the covid vaccines were on a societal level (even if they're not the cure-all that we were promised medicinally). Companies are going broke charging the government $200 a shot or whatever, barely anybody is getting vaccinated even when it's still kind of free**, and all kinds of places have signs telling you to GET YOUR FLU SHOT. This is a virus that probably has 1% the death toll of covid.

The vaccines weren't even that politicized, really! There was a loud minority of anti-vaxxers but most Trump voters got the shots!

People don't want to get vaccinated again because the vaccine hit them so hard the first time they feel they might as well get sick since they've got partial immunity, or worse, they think the vaccine was a magic bullet that makes them invincible forever.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish I was rich enough that 6% was a passing grade

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd sooner cut milk from my diet altogether

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

corn price is down 35% in like 2 years lol