Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

This is the EG.5 derivative with L452R.

Fun fact: L452R was the Christmas Tree Strain’s signature mutation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I tipped off my bike last week and landed prone in some tall grass.

My helmet didn’t even touch the ground. This is bullshit. Why did I wear it all these years?

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Aug 17, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rochallor posted:

lol yeah, $100-ish

Insurance is supposed to cover it still under CARES, but as always, personal experiences vary.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The best endowed university on the planet ripped out a perfectly good UV air disinfection system.

The Edward Nardell mentioned in the piece is one of the world’s foremost experts on the subject. I wrote about him here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Babe, wake up. The mirror universe’s ivermectin has revealed itself.

Exposure to lung-migrating helminth protects against murine SARS-CoV-2 infection through macrophage-dependent T cell activation

In short, of mice are infected with this curly bugger, they fight off SARS‑CoV‑2 more effectively.

Will one U.S. public health failure cancel out another? Probably not.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Poppers posted:

Like TB and influenza have orders of magnitude difference in how likely they are to infect you if you’re in the room with a surg mask vs a respirator

I don’t know about multiple orders of magnitude, but you are correct that there is a great difference. The difference is in favor of influenza.

From WHO’s Tuberculosis and Air Travel: Guidelines For Prevention and Control, third edition, 2008

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK143710/ posted:

No cases of TB disease have so far been reported among those known to have been infected with M. tuberculosis during air travel. From 1992 to 1994, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), together with state and local health departments, conducted contact investigations for seven index cases, involving one cabin-crew member and six passengers with infectious TB disease who had flown during this period. The concern was that the closed aircraft cabin environment may have facilitated transmission of M. tuberculosis (6–11). The total number of potentially exposed passengers and cabin crew exceeded 2600 on 191 flights involving nine different types of aircraft.

All index cases were identified as highly infectious, i.e. smears from spontaneous sputum specimens from all index cases were grossly positive for acid-fast bacilli (AFB) and all were culture-positive and had evidence of extensive pulmonary disease on chest radiography. In addition, one patient had biopsy- and culture-confirmed laryngeal TB, the most infectious form of TB.

Strains of M. tuberculosis resistant to isoniazid and rifampicin, i.e. multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB), were isolated in two of these episodes (6, 10). Organisms isolated from the other index cases were sensitive to all anti-TB drugs. Two passengers, who were flying to the United States for medical care, knew that they had active TB disease at the time of their flights but did not inform the airline of their status. In the other five instances, TB was diagnosed after the flights.

Investigation of close contacts found evidence of transmission of M. tuberculosis infection during a flight in only two of the seven episodes. In one event, transmission from a cabin flight attendant was detected in 2 of 212 crew members who had worked in close proximity with the index case during a 6-month period; both of those infected were exposed to the infectious source for at least 12 hours. In the other event, there was probable transmission from an infectious case to 4 passengers (seated in close proximity to the index case in the same cabin section), out of a total of 257 passengers tested on a flight longer than 8 hours (6, 10). These results suggest that the risk of infection with M. tuberculosis during air travel is similar to that associated with exposure during other activities in which prolonged contact with potentially infectious individuals may occur (e.g. train or bus travel, any gathering in enclosed spaces).

The average lifetime risk of untreated latent TB infection progressing to active disease at some time during life is <10% and not all persons infected as a result of exposure during air travel may receive effective preventive antibiotic treatment. Therefore, although no cases of TB disease have yet been reported among the infected contacts in the seven studies carried out by CDC, the possibility that future cases of TB disease due to TB infection acquired during air travel may occur cannot be excluded.

Subsequent published case reports of other instances of infectious TB in passengers on long-haul flights (12–16), reviewed in 2005 (17) and with a further case presently under investigation (18), have also suggested that the risk of transmission of infection on board appears to be low. According to an international airline analysis of in-flight TB on long-haul flights, 34 cases of infectious TB were notified to the airlines during a five-year period (2000–2004), giving an overall notification rate of 0.05 per 100 000 long-haul passengers (19).

And from a 2016 review on doubly airborne influenza,

https://doi.org/10.1097%2FEDE.0000000000000438 posted:

We identified 14 peer-reviewed publications describing contact tracing of passengers after possible exposure to influenza virus aboard an aircraft. Contact tracing during the initial phase of the influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 pandemic was described in 11 publications. The studies describe the follow-up of 2,165 (51%) of 4,252 traceable passengers. Altogether, 163 secondary cases were identified resulting in an overall secondary attack rate among traced passengers of 7.5%. Of these secondary cases, 68 (42%) were seated within two rows of the index case.

Influenza has put up incredible numbers on planes before. Way back in 1979,

https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a112781 posted:

A jet airliner with 54 persons aboard was delayed on the ground for three hours because of engine failure during a takeoff attempt. Most passengers stayed on the airplane during the delay. Within 72 hours, 72 per cent of the passengers became ill with symptoms of cough, fever, fatigue, headache, sore throat and myalgia. One passenger, the apparent index case, was ill on the airplane, and the clinical attack rate among the others varied with the amount of time spent aboard. Virus antigenically similar to A/Texas/1/77(H3N2) was isolated from 8 of 31 passengers cultured, and 20 of 22 ill persons tested had serologic evidence of infection with this virus. The airplane ventilation system was inoperative during the delay and this may account for the high attack rate.

It was under enhanced conditions, but no matter what, droplets cannot do that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zantie posted:

[…]We don't know yet how quickly BA.2.86 is spreading or just how immune evasive it is because it's too early to tell. In general though it's a lot harder for our immune system to recognize and mount a quick response, whether it be from prior infection or vaccination or both, when a new one looks this different.

I'm like totally uninterested in EG.5.1/Eris now because of BA.2.86. EG.5.1 is one of many heading up our current wave but I'm looking past that at what will likely be the one after it.

A fifth case has now been found, in London.

Would anyone offer an opinion that BA.2.86 is anything other than the most interesting and concerning strain identified since Omicron in November 2021?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I love that BA.2.86 is a super hosed up mutant, but because none of its intermediates were sequenced and entered into databases, it gets a comparatively simple PANGO designation, versus something like EG.5 that has an ancestor that was a recombinant between two BA branches, so had to get an X designation, but then that string of numbers got too long so a new set of letters had to be assigned.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zantie posted:

Anyway, best guess as to why the CDC is limiting the Nowcast info is because there aren't enough sequences being done from those communities to make an inference with their model. Lovely.

That can’t be true.

National COVID-⁠19 Preparedness Plan

Prepare for New Variants

As we work to keep ourselves protected against COVID-19, America must remain prepared for any new variant that may come our way. To do so, the Administration has developed a comprehensive plan for how we monitor this virus to stay ahead of it, adapt our tools swiftly to combat a new variant, and deploy emergency resources to help communities.

Before January 2021, the federal government had insufficient data and sequencing capabilities and was ill-equipped to respond to new variants. Electronic case reporting was in place for only a handful of states in 2020 and the country could sequence only 3,000 viral isolates per week. America had no plan for responding to a new variant or standing up comprehensive efforts to respond to a surge in COVID-19 cases.

The Administration has enhanced our collection, production, and analysis of data, and expanded electronic case reporting to all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and thousands of health care facilities. The CDC now tracks a range of key COVID-19 response metrics including cases, tests, vaccinations, and hospital admissions in real-time. Additionally, the CDC launched – and is continually enhancing – the National Wastewater Surveillance System (NWSS) to track the presence of SARS-COV-2 in wastewater samples collected across the country. And America has established a world-class sequencing operation, sequencing up to 90,000 isolates a week. The CDC’s sequencing efforts can now reliably detect variants that account for as little as 0.1% of all COVID-19 cases circulating in the United States. And when new variants are identified, the federal government has a network of researchers – federal, academic, and commercial – who are able to study the sequence and assess mutations rapidly, allowing the government to respond quickly to concerning variants.

The Administration has also successfully built a robust emergency response infrastructure. Our surge response – led by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and HHS – developed capabilities to stand up over 100 federal mass vaccination sites and federal surge testing sites; distribute millions of critical supplies; and deploy thousands of federal clinical and non-clinical personnel to support states, Tribes, and territories. Since July 2021, the federal government has deployed over 4,000 military and non-military personnel including doctors, nurses, and paramedics; sent over 3,400 ventilators, ambulances, and other critical supplies; and shipped over 115 million pieces of PPE. And over the last year, FEMA has invested $300 million in state hospital preparedness to expand hospital capacity in 38 states.

Moving forward, the Administration will maintain our proven data, sequencing, variant response, and surge response capabilities. The CDC will continue to improve COVID-19 data collection, reporting, and analysis so America is better informed and ready to respond to new variants. And if new variants emerge, the federal government will leverage established playbooks to assess a new variant’s impact on our vaccines, treatments, and tests, and rapidly deploy the tools, personnel, and resources Americans need. America will also retain a significant stockpile of tools to combat COVID-19 that remain ready for deployment.

The Administration will work with Congress to secure the necessary funding to:
  • Improve our data collection, sequencing, and wastewater surveillance capabilities to immediately identify and detect new and emerging variants; and strengthen pandemic preparedness.
  • Leverage a COVID-⁠19 Variant Playbook to determine the impact of a new variant on our vaccines, treatments, and tests, and shore up and update our tools, if needed.
  • Utilize new FDA processes to expedite regulatory review of variant-specific versions of vaccines and treatments, so America can get them in place, if needed.
  • Support new FDA processes to expedite regulatory review of variant-specific versions of vaccines and treatments, so Americans can get them quickly if needed.
  • Leverage a proven COVID-⁠19 Surge Response Playbook.
  • Add at-home tests, antiviral pills, and masks for the general population to America’s stockpile for the first time.
  • The U.S. government has established a permanent logistics and operational hub at HHS to ensure accelerated development, production, and delivery of COVID-⁠19 vaccines and treatments.

e: I should emphasize that this is the March 2022 plan, from the same time as deprecating the community transmission map.

The Oldest Man posted:

Boy I would sure like to see that

🤡 “We will bill you if you ask again.”

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 00:01 on Aug 19, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fosborb posted:

lol first locally transmitted malaria case in the DC area in the last 40 years just announced tonight

Has anyone seen my monkey’s paw?

Platystemon posted:

CDC used to be the OFFICE OF MALARIA CONTROL IN WAR AREAS.

Imagine if they had said “malaria is an endemic disease LOL just live with it”.

Luckily I prepared my imagination for this between 2021 and 2022.

Platystemon posted:

Posting on the CDC birth page.

I fully expect that with history now running reverse, CDC will reintroduce malaria to the United States before reverting to Office of Malaria Control in War Areas and then dissolving ultimately into the Marine Hospital Service.

To be clear, I am not accusing CDC of reintroducing malaria to the United States.

I am accusing Delta Airlines of reintroducing malaria to the United States and the CDC of being asleep at the helm.

e: for further context,

Platystemon posted:

Data from 1947

Why would anyone ever act against an infectious disease that kills barely two hundred people per year?

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 05:44 on Aug 19, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Look, people take one in a thousand risks all the time, and it’s fine. It’s comparable to driving a mere quarter of a million miles. Who doesn’t do that once or twice per year?

Maybe you don’t, but surely you go hang gliding ten times per month, right? No one would consider you a daredevil for doing that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s the scarlet letter of the pandemic.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Go to the pharmacy and pick up a couple of nasal rinse squeeze bottles, a box of baking soda, and a couple gallons of distilled water.

Platystemon posted:

You need one cup of water, two hundred and forty millilitres. It’s important that this is sterile, and tap water is not sterile. Commercial distilled water is safe, and that is also true of water that has undergone reverse osmosis. Tap water or bottled water that is not distilled/RO can be rendered safe by heating it to a rolling boil.

Dissolve in this water one half teaspoon of table salt and one half teaspoon of baking soda. This is about two and a half and three grams of each, respectively. Use kosher salt or similar if you have it on hand, but if you don’t, iodine and anticaking agents will not hurt you. Don’t add the baking soda when the water is too hot. If it bubbles vigorously upon addition, it’s too hot.

You may be interested in knowing that the little spoon in most tableware sets is in not a teaspoon, but rather a dessert spoon. These are about twice as big as teaspoons.

When it’s time to put the water up your nose, anything between body temperature and room room temperature is fine. I like the cooler end of that range. Just don’t burn yourself with water that is too hot.

To administer this cup of sterile water + ½ tsp salt + ½ tsp baking soda, you want a squeeze bottle. These are about ten dollars at a drug store. Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS house brands are all of identical design.

These bottles may come with salt packets that probably have an appropriate amount of table salt in them, but you’ll need to supply the baking soda. Some brands have baking soda in the packet, but the quantity is negligible. Ignore it and add a half teaspoon from your baking supplies.

The lead author of the study that I’m about to cite thinks that the gravity feed of a neti pot makes them less effective than the gentle pressure of a squeeze bottle. Her study tested in half the participants a motorized Naväge unit that worked no better or worse than the simple squeeze bottle.

Here is the procedure explained in a video. One thing that is not obvious is that you may be subconsciously holding your breath, and you should not hold it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E92qqAftUak

I don’t tilt my head forward nearly that much, but everyone has a different body.

You’ll want to do this twice per day. You can do it more often if it helps you with mucous.

Here is the journal article.

Here is a press release from the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University where the study was undertaken

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 00:23 on Aug 20, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fosborb posted:

lol first locally transmitted malaria case in the DC area in the last 40 years just announced tonight

It’s falciparum malaria.

That’s the bad malaria, the malaria that you do not want to get.

It’s pretty weird that after twenty years with no local malaria, in one summer the United States has three independent outbreaks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Los Angeles County health officials are recommending that patrons who consumed food or beverages at a Panda Express in Lancaster between July 21 and Aug. 4 get vaccinated against hepatitis A.

quote:

The warning comes after the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health identified an hepatitis A virus infection in a food handler who worked at the restaurant at 44411 Valley Central Way in Lancaster, department officials said.

Hepatitis A vaccinations are available through some local pharmacies or physicians' offices. In addition, the county health department will be offering free hepatitis A vaccinations to exposed persons at Antelope Valley Health Center, 335 E. Ave. K, between 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. on Monday, and between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.

News story is a week old, so call before heading over there if this affects you, but typically the vaccines will continue to be offered by county health offices. Also, be mindful of the tropical storm.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Harik posted:

how fast can you get re-infected? Because if I've got a "get out of plague" pass for the next couple weeks I'm going to loving use it.

The soonest documented, laboratory-confirmed reinfection of which I am aware is nineteen days.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Oldest Man posted:

Just doubling down on it being nbd would be a lot easier for me to understand than what he's actually doing which is:

1. Saying he thinks it's worth trying to not get it.
2. Saying it's worth it for him personally to try not to get it.
3. Outlining this very complicated risk management calculus he says he's following to avoid getting it.
4. All of that doing absolutely gently caress-all and getting it because somehow his finely-tuned risk management swiss watch didn't tell him getting into a crowded elevator without an n95 on might be a bad idea.
5. Suffering significant, painful, potentially fatal consequences.
6. Doubling down not on "the disease is nbd" but on the risk management rube goldberg machine.

If he didn't think it was a problem to get COVID he would jettison the entire risk management framing and just do whatever he wants with no qualms like everybody else is. Instead what he's doing is the same net outcome (doing whatever) but wrapping it in a zillion layers of nonsense risk management that has obviously failed him multiple times, and that's the part I don't get.

Bob Wachter is the funniest comedian in Northern California.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fosborb posted:

effective M99 mask

Gonna need to see an RCT on this, buddy.

Dr. Loeb will set up a large RCT where participants are instructed to wear as loosely as the model in the the product photo, and his lovely study will constitute the foundation of the gold‐standard Cochrane review.

Troutful posted:

We're capable of getting rid of Anopheline mosquitoes in the US without DDT. Don't know if we have the political will to do it but it's not a technical impossibility.

Did you know we completely eradicated this disease-causing fly in the mid-1900s without pesticides or habitat destruction? I'm bullish on insect control, it's much easier than controlling viruses.

Fake news.

The screw worm (a persecuted native species. :smith:) was not eradicated, merely eliminated from North America north of the isthmus of Panama.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

NeonPunk posted:

A college just reinstated mask mandates on campus.

https://twitter.com/CovidDataReport/status/1693468249709523308

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fosborb posted:

discussing about why people are hoarding seems to fit within a political discussion and seems okay to me. posting about ways to hoard that isn't done via a prescription (or that involves lying or lying through omission) is not okay either. don't lie to your doctor.

I would like to discuss why Dr. Michael Thomas Osterholm, MPH, director of CIDRAP at the University of Minnesota, last fall appeared to say that he himself had obtained Paxlovid before contracting a case and encouraged members of the public to do the same.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/positive-note posted:

So to summarize, one, I'm out there living my life right now, but I'm taking precautions in a way that does not mean I can't live my life, but I am not putting myself at risk. I'm using my N95, I'm fully vaccinated, I have my Paxlovid. I have a protocol for family members and friends getting together, and its surely does add another wrinkle to life.

The following week,

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/time-be-thankful-alert posted:

This is truly, truly a time where we appreciate our health care workers more than ever. And finally, let me just say, get your vaccine, both COVID and influenza. Have your Paxlovid ready to go or at least be able to get at it if you should get COVID. And do not be afraid or uncomfortable to wear your N95 in public. Go wherever you want to go with it. I today am proud of it, and I want everyone to understand that together we can do much more to protect ourselves in public settings if we want.

The good doctor exercised a certain amount of discretion in his guidance, but I do believe that “I have Paxlovid on hand, and you should, too” is the plain reading of his statements.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah, that seems like doc being privileged and not checking it.

Please don’t accuse doctors of being insular.

We can’t let the cure be worse than the disease.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm in Australia where paxlovid is being gatekept to the very old or the very immunocompromised despite calls from epidemiologists for wider access. They actually eased up on the eligibility factors in April this year, previously people in their 60s had to have two risk factors to be eligible for paxlovid but they lowered that to just one risk factor. For people like me who are under 60 and don't have multiple risk factors it's pretty much impossible for me to get pax unless I could somehow convince an MD to prescribe it for me, and even then it'd cost over $1,000 out-of-pocket which I couldn't even afford.

I imagine it'd be pretty trivial for someone "rich and connected" to get their hands on pax, though.

Australian pets have a better shot at getting COVID antivirals than humans do. 🤣

The compounding veterinary pharmacy Bova (no joke) has been spinning human Remdesivir into a veterinary drug since 2020.

Two cats use as much Remdesivir as three humans, because they require long courses of treatment to cure FIP.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/cYK4OYn.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Ibid, have you made a single post on this site outside of this thread and its immediate predecessor?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We love our nurses, don’t we, folks.

quote:

Mad respect to you for sticking with it. But IMHO that looks horrible. I don’t even like to wear the chin attachment for my MTB helmet, as it’s too claustrophobic. YMMV.

quote:

Actually, was fairly comfortable!

quote:

Can you share a link to where I could buy a mask like that please?

quote:

Dunno. My job issued it to me

quote:

I see scrubs and a hospital badge. Please, PLEASE tell me you're an ER doc.

Just lie if you have to.

quote:

ICU nurse. Sorry to disappoint!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

U-DO Burger posted:

Huh, I have never seen the DO acronym before. It looks to me like people are trying to channel their inner jesus and touch people back to health?

The president’s physician is a DO. There’s nothing wrong with DOs per se, they can be fine doctors, they just had to wade through some bullshit to get there.

This particular DO is bad because he is enabling a very bad man.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Aug 22, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shiroc posted:

Next I want to play Last of Us 2 which is more plague relevant.

Mods the COVID thread is fantasizing about dog murder simulators.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I never would have guessed that that’s what it took.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

R.I.P. King

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1144848451966066688
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1243972193169616898

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 13:14 on Aug 23, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/qjAC64Y.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rochallor posted:

Just reminded of the time about a year ago when I took a tour of some old underground tunnels and the tour guide started handing out masks. One or two people scoffed, and she said, "It's not for covid, it's really musty down there." Which caused the skeptics to mask up super quick lest they catch... must.

Fansy posted:

I'm proud to post in somethingawful's most controversial thread

the worst the forums has to offer,

constantly being handed rope by which they use to strangle the rest of the forums

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fosborb posted:

this got reported as being anti vaxx

just to be clear to lurkers, Bastard Tetris specifically worked on bamlanivimab, which hasn't worked since omicron and is no longer authorized to be used anywhere in the US

Queue thirty days of probation for the reporter.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tulip posted:

So I've done several qual fit tests and you can get a honest to god real seal with a secure click with a basically arbitrarily large beard. The surface interaction between hair and silicon is just completely different than that between hair and cloth/polypropylene. I haven't done a quant test (because I don't have the materials or training to do so), so grain of salt, but elastomerics are much better with facial hair than N95s (which failed instantly every time I tested).

Yeah it’s stupid to insist on growing a beard when the fit of a negative‐pressure respirator is important to one’s health.

But if you’re going to do so, elastomerics are significantly less bad. You will need to tighten the straps more than you otherwise would, and this will be uncomfortable for prolonged periods of wear.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shiroc posted:

Nobody was fantasizing mass shootings at Costco. Does anyone on the mod team actually, genuinely think that facetoucher cat's admitted psychosis and whatever actually happened in the reality of her story has *anything* to do with the covid thread now almost 3 years later?

IMO they should investigate the gardening thread as a proximal radicalizing concern.

She never expressed concern that the dogs would give her COVID, but what if she though that they were going for her blue ribbon rutabagas?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Plastic Pal posted:

Just waiting now for some Covid-thread hatereader to report this followed by more hand-wringing in SAD.

“Stealing is wrong.”

—Chuck Tingle, probably

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m starting to think that these airline CEOs might be pieces of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1472016822639677450

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Oldest Man posted:

Lol guess what

The CDC hasn't just been watering down the transmission guidance for COVID

See also: mpox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

She could have learned at thing or two from The Shock Doctrine.