Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
quitting smoking is easy. Just dont smoke any more. Dont put a cigarette in your mouth and light it. Pretty straightforward really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

shitface posted:

this is horrible advice and won’t work for most people. unless you fix the thinking that drives you to do it there is a very high relapse of, iirc, 90%. the physical addiction part of smoking is relatively easy to kick, it’s all the bullshit “good things” smokers believe about it will drive them back to it.

it doesn’t calm you down, that’s just staving off of the current withdrawals. there’s nothing magic about the after sex or dinner cigarette, it’s just you didn’t smoke for longer than usual. that high feeling you get after you didn’t have one for a while is oxygen deprivation and you can just hold your breath instead if you particularly enjoy it

smoking is the continual, expensive, deadlyl pursuit of feeling normal like people who don’t smoke at all

yeah so anyway if you want to stop smoking, its easy: just dont smoke any more cigarettes.-

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

people fail at quitting smoking because they dont actually WANT to quit smoking, they just know they should

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

I offer nicotine replacement products (NRT) to people

please everyone, this is the Big O notation thread, try to stay on topic

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

oh its folly to opine is it?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fellows, be good chaps and refrain from opining, if you would

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lotta people in here opining when they should be refraining from doing so

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag posted:

what counts as "opining" i dont actually know what that word means and im not sure why a bunch of people just got killed by rotor

there are a lot of Secret Yospos Rules that only I and a select Council of Elders know about

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Smoking is very bad for you but it does make you look cool and im tired of people pretending it doesnt

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag posted:

hmm that sounds like an excuse to exert your wrath at will

oh lighten up

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag posted:

yes sir, wouldn't want to break any arcane yospos rules

:rolleyes:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag if you cant cope with the idea that you might pull the occasional comedy sixer for no good reason then perhaps yospos is not for you

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my homie dhall posted:

hell, same until this fuckin thread!!

glad i could help out

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

akadajet posted:

I feel that smoking only makes people who already looks cool look cool. The fat, balding liquor store clerk standing outside on his smoke break still doesn't look cool.

no but he looks cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

git apologist posted:

luigi30 claims they invented lets plays, idk if that is true or not

it feels truthy to me