Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

shitface posted:

this is horrible advice and won’t work for most people. unless you fix the thinking that drives you to do it there is a very high relapse of, iirc, 90%. the physical addiction part of smoking is relatively easy to kick, it’s all the bullshit “good things” smokers believe about it will drive them back to it.

it doesn’t calm you down, that’s just staving off of the current withdrawals. there’s nothing magic about the after sex or dinner cigarette, it’s just you didn’t smoke for longer than usual. that high feeling you get after you didn’t have one for a while is oxygen deprivation and you can just hold your breath instead if you particularly enjoy it

smoking is the continual, expensive, deadlyl pursuit of feeling normal like people who don’t smoke at all

i dont think it was advice op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my wife doesn’t like to smoke after sex as the vibrations make it hard to not ash on the duvet

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

cool notation you got there

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

hbag posted:

i mean ill need to figure it out so i can actually pass interviews right

no. no one cares except turbodorks

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i remember when smoking in bars was banned in nz and one weekend clubs were like smokey mysterious cool kids zones and the next they were revolting miasmas of fart, sweat, vomit, and piss aromas

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ya i guess whenever u two go anywhere they are by definition not cool kid zones

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

MononcQc posted:

until I got myself autobanned to get the css changed I had never eaten a probe nor anything. pure clean rap sheet since 2007.

shameful

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

hbag posted:

i have known about somethingawful for like 11 years i just never bothered to register until very recently

free free to deregister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

luigi30 claims they invented lets plays, idk if that is true or not