Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have tragic levels of self controls so drat I am pleased I never started

there’s a woman at work who is “unsure” if vaping is bad for you so she just smokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I offer nicotine replacement products (NRT) to people

I like to offer hopefully some encouraging advice :

every cigarette you don’t smoke is good
a 20 a day smoker going to 15 a day is an improvement

failure to totally quit can lead people to a “gently caress it” place, so focusing on progress is a good thing to
do

if you quit and start again, well, that’s better than not quitting because you smoked less cigarettes overall

if you simply can’t escape nicotine dependency and end up on NRT for life that’s ok. less than ideal sure but smoking is just so fuckin bad for that almost anything else is a better alternative. especially vaping, basically a drop in replacement, which has its own issues of course but is still better than smoking

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah this is a thread about objectively the coolest thing you can do and it loving changed up i to god drat nerd-o-rama

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
show me your O face

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
learn haskell

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there are a myriad of ways to quit and if what a person needs at this stage in their life is a replacement for the nicotine then NRT is appropriate and available

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Armitag3 posted:

rotor is an anagram of troll

:chanpop:

rotor posted:

there are a lot of Secret Yospos Rules that only I and a select Council of Elders know about

but r u in the bad boyz club

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

hbag if you cant cope with the idea that you might pull the occasional comedy sixer for no good reason then perhaps yospos is not for you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imo if you’re not risking a probe here and there then what are you even fuckin living for

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
some posters in this forum don’t even have a page 2 (or more 🫣) of probes

what in the ever loving gently caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
back in 2010 I got probed for empty quoting loving laugh my rear end off

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

its messed up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MononcQc posted:

we’re gonna get them new buttons tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

I feel that smoking only makes people who already looks cool look cool. The fat, balding liquor store clerk standing outside on his smoke break still doesn't look cool.

dude arguably would look much less cool if he was not smoking

rotor posted:

no but he looks cooler

exactly

well-read undead posted:

i’ve never been probed in my account’s relatively short lifespan, and i’m sure calling attention to that fact will do nothing to change it

how does a person join the forums in 2022 unless it’s a re-reg