Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CHEGG

Turin Turambar posted:

Gritty cyberpunk setting? It slaps:

mustn't forget the Synthwave Room

currently frustrating myself into oblivion getting 836 or 837 kills out of 838 on Vector-4; game still owns and I need to go back through on Murder Machine now that the completion achievements are fixed

turbo tips:

-the AoE on the Waster's secondary fire is much, much larger than it appears
-you can CHEGG in any direction
-you can jump while CHEGGing
-all of the following weapons are rocket jump capable: Waster secondary, Boomer primary(and secondary but it's way less practical), Launcher(deals minor damage), Telefragger charge shot
-you can also rocket jump off of Security Drones if you land on them before you dome them; this is usually the easiest way to kill them all
-the Grappling Hook works on every enemy
-you can cancel the Boomer primary's reload by swapping weapons, and fire it almost as quickly as the Waster
-there are Syntech Portals all over every level, not just after the upgrade appears in Episode 3

I also especially liked the obvious Knight Rider inspiration in the hoverbike level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUFhi9Iluc

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Turin Turambar posted:

One day I will replay the game but instead of upping the difficulty, I want to try to limit myself to not use the chainsaw slide (as much as possible), I suspects it will play very differently.

:same:

Turin Turambar posted:

I haven't found any secret level, any help with that?

All the secret levels are unlocked by collecting all three tapes in each normal level. Steam has a pretty good guide for the tapes & chips.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

post-Chapter 1 Murder Machine impressions: Grizzlers are a god drat menace and need to be put down from a safe distance with maximum prejudice

Sloths become much more dangerous as well

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Grizzlers are the mooks with triple plasma shots & glowy triangle heads

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hit Tab for the codex with all the enemies, guns, audio logs, tooltips, etc. Those guys are called Syn-Taurs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There's a spot where Free Your Mind is really easy to get, in Terminal Eclipse. After you go through the first teleporter, you'll be in an arena with a grapple point on either side. It's simple to jump back & forth between those.

honestly it should be a piece of cake in any arena where you can Syntech Portal around

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

-you can cancel the Boomer primary's reload by swapping weapons, and fire it almost as quickly as the Waster

-this also works for the Launcher and Telefragger :blastu:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 11, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I got all the level achievements as they came, but they must have been bugged for a long time. The completion achievements were bugged until just yesterday.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Civvie did a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vliO_P_q8Pw

spoilers: he liked it

e: he doesn't show the chenis secret and I'm a little sad about that

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

critical update: a lot of the mans currently have pumpkin heads