Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fiorentina blew a 2-0 lead and there's 10+ minutes to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Milan are so fun to watch. The quick build up with Krunic Reinjders and Loftus Cheek has been great. They are playing at Premier League pace in Serie A which is a joy to watch. Only thing is I think Brahim would be as good as Pulisic with this midfield and Calabria doing the inverted fullback. They still need a big test to see if these guys can play like this vs a decent team. Tonali's defensive work definitely helped in those games.

Also Leao is still doing Leao things, him and Theo remind of Ronaldo + Marcelo down on that left. They just are a nightmare to deal with.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

The Finn posted:

Paramount+ has been so good for finally watching consistently Serie A again

it's a shame you have to pay for it because I don't like the idea of subsidizing any sort of life that Mike Grella is leading.

Ulio posted:

Milan are so fun to watch. The quick build up with Krunic Reinjders and Loftus Cheek has been great. They are playing at Premier League pace in Serie A which is a joy to watch. Only thing is I think Brahim would be as good as Pulisic with this midfield and Calabria doing the inverted fullback. They still need a big test to see if these guys can play like this vs a decent team. Tonali's defensive work definitely helped in those games.

Also Leao is still doing Leao things, him and Theo remind of Ronaldo + Marcelo down on that left. They just are a nightmare to deal with.

Leao has actually looked kinda weak so far this season. I mean, relative to his usual self, which is loads better than most players in this league. It would be good if he can get a goal against Roma.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

it's a shame you have to pay for it because I don't like the idea of subsidizing any sort of life that Mike Grella is leading.

That’s a name I never thought I’d read again

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Leao has actually looked kinda weak so far this season. I mean, relative to his usual self, which is loads better than most players in this league. It would be good if he can get a goal against Roma.

Didn't see their first game but in the 2nd game he was good till he got taken off. Looked like their best attacking player, Pulisic kinda started getting the ball more often after he was taken off and looked better from then on. He had an assist for Theo and got the pen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ulio posted:

Didn't see their first game but in the 2nd game he was good till he got taken off. Looked like their best attacking player, Pulisic kinda started getting the ball more often after he was taken off and looked better from then on. He had an assist for Theo and got the pen.

Yeah it could be that since there are actual options on the right now things looks different. Every attack went down the left last season which meant Leao had the ball all the time.

Anyway, Dybala and Lukaku are both in the list for the game tomorrow though neither is expected to start.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah it could be that since there are actual options on the right now things looks different. Every attack went down the left last season which meant Leao had the ball all the time.

Anyway, Dybala and Lukaku are both in the list for the game tomorrow though neither is expected to start.

I think even more than Dybala, Roma are missing Mou. I know it's weird to say but Jose halftime talk could have made a difference vs those weak teams. Roma's attack looked good even without Dybala but somehow their defense has been horrible. Not sure when their new signing Ndicka will start because Mancini/Smalling/Llorente don't look as good as last year.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Rui Patricio giving Milan a penalty under 10 minutes lol. He is having a horrid season, definitely need to replace him.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Love me some Giroud

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
RLC being at milan is crazy to me

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

He's been the 2nd best signing after Pulisic. He looks so strong and fast going forward. Great with little space and technically good as well. Not usually you associate with big physical guys.

Roma just have 0 creativity or pace. 0 creativity without Dybala and 0 pace without Tammy. So their counter attacks are poo poo and they are not technically good enough to keep possession. Lukaku + belotti could be good for them though if they are just gonna do long balls and hope for set pieces. El Sharawayy as 2nd striker is useless though.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nuclear Spoon posted:

looks really good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:eyepop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

That goal was sick

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

holy poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Let's see if can they hold on for a half hour

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Roma really missing Dybala. I do think with Dybala + Lukaku + Belotti they do have a decent attack. They are currently just missing the creative player and Aour got injured.

Milan look quite good, their possesion play is even better than last year and all the right players have gotten goals. Big boost for Leao confidence(like he needed any), Giroud another goal and Pulisic still looking clean.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Pulisic was a hair away from another goal, Rui Patricio might have made up for that penalty by saving that.

Speaking of, I thought the penalty was pretty weak but there was contact and I’m obviously not bothered but I can see the usual suspects getting all agitated by it. It’s the second “soft” penalty in two games so not a great look for the refs.

Tomori getting sent off sucks because we play Inter next. I don’t think Kjaer can manage a whole match and the others aren’t up to the task. Just have to score more I guess, which at least doesn’t look like a problem this year.

That Rafa goal though :henget:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Kamada :eyepop:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

IDK what's Kamada with you?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

deserved to go to a non nazi club

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He's good, bit mad that Milan didn't get that done since it was supposedly wrapped up before the Tonali sale.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Pulisic was a hair away from another goal, Rui Patricio might have made up for that penalty by saving that.

Speaking of, I thought the penalty was pretty weak but there was contact and I’m obviously not bothered but I can see the usual suspects getting all agitated by it. It’s the second “soft” penalty in two games so not a great look for the refs.

Tomori getting sent off sucks because we play Inter next. I don’t think Kjaer can manage a whole match and the others aren’t up to the task. Just have to score more I guess, which at least doesn’t look like a problem this year.

That Rafa goal though :henget:

Pulisic is so drat good, I know he had that spell during covid when he was looking reall good, this looks like that. He reminds me of someone like Mata or Pedro, he just wriggles away from defenders and his acceleration from 0 to 100 is very good. He doesn't have the flair or top speed of a Leao but Leao is probably the fastest player in the league.

Gigi Galli posted:

He's good, bit mad that Milan didn't get that done since it was supposedly wrapped up before the Tonali sale.

Hell ya that wouldn't have been good. Honda was one of my favorite AC Milan players of his era, too bad it was one of the worst periods for the club.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fiorentina are not very good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

triple sulk posted:

Fiorentina are not very good

They played like poo poo today, not that inter wasn’t good but that was a horrible performance both defensively and basically handing inter counterattack opportunities on the other end.

Thuram looks dece. Annoying.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Pogba tested positive for possible doping

Dude may as well retire if the B sample comes back positive and he eats a ban.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's effectively been retired since the end of the 2018/19 season.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Well that's a fast start

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Holy poo poo Thuram

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tasty finish that

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What a blowout

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
12 goals to 1 in 5 out of 5 wins. Inter-Monza is a more competitive derby these days.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 16, 2023

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Genoa :(

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

tbp posted:

milan are good again

i was wrong

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

i was wrong

The amount of trophies over the 5 derbies we have lost is the same among both teams.

I blame Pioli for doing the same loving thing for the last 3 seasons. The players are there, and we can absolutely take it to these bin men. Just ridiculously planned out; credit to Inzaghi for having Pioli's singular number.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Thuram MOTM for me, Thiaw could absolutely not handle him. The derby looked so interesting on paper and it was until it wasn't. I know Dumfries always does a great job vs Leao but I thought Pulisic on the right and the stronger midfield would make for it. But Milan just created way too little chances.

Small prize for Milan is they get to finally make Inter concede a goal even. As for Inter they definitely look like the same team from the last few months of Serie A. Absolutely on fire and Thuram looks like a great replacement for Lukaku. Everyoen asking Inzaghi to drop Mikhyi for Fratessi but he ends up looking like a genius by getting two goals and an assist.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Mkhitaryan on a free has gotta be one of the better transfers in the league over the past couple years

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I loving loathe Inter

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Well deserved win for Fiorentina, they controlled the entire second half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out