Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

triple sulk posted:

Well deserved win for Fiorentina, they controlled the entire second half

Honestly other than the first 20 minutes or so I thought they controlled the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bash the fash

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
empoli will have wanted to have not conceded a penalty in the literal first minute of the game

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
they'll also wanted to have not conceded a six further goals

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Empoli are insanely bad. I don't even think that firing Zanetti would help, they just have an awful squad.

Frosinone, however, are very good. They really impressed me against Sassuolo today, and that match is probably the most entertaining one I've watched so far this year. Di Francesco really seems to have everyone bought into his system.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Couldn’t watch todays game - happy for the 3 points. Happy to see Hellas lose.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
lmao juventus

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
The last 15 minutes of Sassuolo v Juventus have been hysterical (not for Juve)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Get hosed Juve

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

*did not watch a second of the match and just looked at the score*

pooventus

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
check this poo poo out

https://streamin.one/v/55d3cabc

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

triple sulk posted:

Get hosed Juve

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
I laughed so hard at that last Juve-on-Juve goal

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Can a picture be the thread title?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

canepazzo posted:

Can a picture be the thread title?

lol nice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Juventus Sassuolo game was probably the best comedy game I've seen in years. Benny Hill football.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Milan vs Verona was such a borefest. Hopefully Maignan, Hernandez, Calabria aren't injured for too long.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It was a poo poo match but I can would blame that on the 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation that Pioli decided to play. Agreed that we desperately need Theo back, though I thought Florenzi played well in Calabria's position.

Unironically hoping to see Adli get his chance since Krunic is going to be out for 2+ matches, but I bet it'll be more Pobega.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pioli out

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Gigi Galli posted:

Unironically hoping to see Adli get his chance since Krunic is going to be out for 2+ matches, but I bet it'll be more Pobega.

adli is good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hell of a turnaround

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

so uh... somebody in napoli's social media team is getting mega fired, huh?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

so uh... somebody in napoli's social media team is getting mega fired, huh?

Or promoted

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sfinter

tristeham posted:

adli is good

He’s

That Berardi goal was a banger.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Roma, lol

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
you have to lol

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
3rd season mourinho baby

the gently caress is this picture

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1707510056730661372

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 28, 2023

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

nawilo_420 posted:

you have to lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It's a shame Roma won today but it was probably inevitable.

I also think Allegri and Mourinho are bringing teams down to their level extra bad this season; the Atalanta - Juve match was abysmal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I also think Allegri and Mourinho are bringing teams down to their level extra bad this season; the Atalanta - Juve match was abysmal.

I think the global embarrassment caused by the Sassuolo match has caused Juve to Allegri harder than they've ever Allegri'd before. Today's performance was probably the worst of the Allegri 2.0 era, and the midweek victory over Lecce wasn't much better.

Hell even Szczesny said to reporters after the match today that the team realized early in the 2nd half that they should stop playing and just ensure that they get a point. The players are fully indoctrinated to the Max mindset.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fiorentina look pretty good so far and they'd be in third if they'd held onto their lead last week. The next six games are going to be a real test to see where their ceiling is (included are Napoli, an underperforming Lazio, Juve, and Milan).

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

trem_two posted:

I think the global embarrassment caused by the Sassuolo match has caused Juve to Allegri harder than they've ever Allegri'd before. Today's performance was probably the worst of the Allegri 2.0 era, and the midweek victory over Lecce wasn't much better.

Hell even Szczesny said to reporters after the match today that the team realized early in the 2nd half that they should stop playing and just ensure that they get a point. The players are fully indoctrinated to the Max mindset.

They were doing so well earlier too playing aggressively. Ah well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The problem with the current allegri iteration is that everyone knows how it ends if they sack him. Who can replace him at the price Juve can afford? You’d have to take a huge gamble on someone like Di Francesco (who has shown he can be good but he can also be insanely bad) or get someone from another league, which is likely even harder to get right. I can’t imagine Juve’s next manager is going to be a big name given the financial issues at play.

Allegri’s Jihad-ball is good enough to get to the champions league and that’s what will keep him in place until his contract is up.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In keeping with tradition, the next Juve manager is probably gonna be Italiano :sigh:

Cheap
Plays an entertaining football
Is at Fiorentina

:smith:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Actually having watched Roma games, they actually attack alot and are not playing like a typical Mourinho terrorist football especially this season, they rank high in alot of attacking stats even before the 7-1 win over Empoli. The only game they looked meh was vs Milan but I would say Milan is a level above them so it wasn't that bad. The Genoa game they were the better side for most of the game and score 4-1 makes it seem like they got destroyed. Worrying thing is that Roma has faced mostly weaker teams so them dropping this many points is worrying once their fixture gets tougher. Also last season they had one of the best defenses but this year they can't seem to defend at all.

Ya my guess would be Italiano. I feel like this was the perfect season to get someone like Italiano, no European football, basic expectation is to get to CL thats it. He would have 1 year to get Juve to play his style and not worry about Europe. I am surprised Italiano is still at Fiorentina honestly, he seems similar to De Zerbi at Sassuolo to me a few years ago.Thiago Motta also has done well with Bologna with not much. Gasperini might just stay at a smaller club with lower expectations, he looked horrible at Inter but lookd great in Genoa and Atalanta.

Also De Zerbi is an outside shout, I feel like Man United and Juve might be options for him by the end of the season. I watch a lot of his interviews and i feel like he knows they kinda hit their limit with this squad, he is complaining way more about fixture congestion and his squad this season. I definitely feel like he will leave after this. Its gonna be really hard to top last year's position.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
happy for pulisic

it’s honestly a miracle that anyone scored in this

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
:siren: Giroud in goal :siren:

qirex