Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

edit: bailed out

triple sulk fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I would really like to hear Pioli's explanation for subbing out Calabria and putting in Musah at right back when he had Florenzi sitting right here, who he ultimately did put in 20 minutes too late? Is he actively trying to get canned? I can't even blame Musah (though the second goal was entirely his fault) because that's wildly out of position. He has completely lost it, again.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I would really like to hear Pioli's explanation for subbing out Calabria and putting in Musah at right back when he had Florenzi sitting right here, who he ultimately did put in 20 minutes too late? Is he actively trying to get canned? I can't even blame Musah (though the second goal was entirely his fault) because that's wildly out of position. He has completely lost it, again.

I feel like he is trying to rotate like Inter when he doesn't have the squad for it. Ya fatigue and injuries can happen but you just gotta risk it with this squad. Start with your best players like Loftus Cheek and then take him off at the end. You got a international break anyway and this guy doesn't play for England.

Just watched Juve vs Cagliari. I sometimes get the urge to watch Juve because I love Locatelli, Chiesa and Vlahovic but then I watch them and forget Allegri ball. 49% possession, 2 set piece goals vs a bottom 5 team. I guess that's the Juve way, just win no matter how ugly. But I feel like it's a waste of talent, if they had Spaletti, De Zerbi or Italiano this team would be cooking.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
can't decide whether

1) Juve's place in the table is a glaring indictment of the overall poo poo quality of this league

or

2) Max Allegri is a calcio genius

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
how many games does garcia have left

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

how many games does garcia have left

Well in the last international break ADL tried to replace him with Conte but Conte declined. Napoli are lucky though that everyone except Inter & Juve are dropping random points. Fiorentina lost to Empoli even more convincgly at home. So Napoli aren't that behind in the top 4 race. I do think Rudi Garcia is underperforming though even with Osimhen out they should be winning these and their playstyle to me is boring compared to last year. But Conte isn't necessarily known for his beautiful football. Another thing is that Conte is the original lover of the back 3 and wingback formation. But Napoli's weakest point is their cbs imo so you don't want to play another one.

Its crazy to think Roma could be 5th if they win vs Lazio, although I slightly prefer Lazio for the derby since they have some decent wins like Napoli, Feyenoord while Roma have more wins but vs complete poo poo teams.

E:Pretty boring derby. Both team just seemed dead tired by the 2nd half.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 12, 2023

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Tudor has been meeting with ADL tonight, seems like Garcia is gone

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ItalianoCalcio/status/1723801132244369874

assuming that gets taken down: https://streamin.one/v/abcaeab7

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status/1724445696579825721

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lol, this is such a trash move. If they win it's not because of him. Maybe he can bring back the vibes from last season.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Holy shite mayte Fiorentina deserved a draw there but Mike Maignan with a MOTM performance.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ulio posted:

Holy shite mayte Fiorentina deserved a draw there but Mike Maignan with a MOTM performance.

They deserved to win really, lol. Mike absolutely man of the match. It was the same exact poo poo as it was against Lecce before the break and Napoli before that (and Udinese too really). Second half shitshow after a decent enough first half.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ulio posted:

Second match they've lost this season 1-0 by giving up a single penalty, it's infuriating. I'm not 100% sure on that non-call, either. Milan are even more boring to watch without Giroud or Leao.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Second match they've lost this season 1-0 by giving up a single penalty, it's infuriating. I'm not 100% sure on that non-call, either. Milan are even more boring to watch without Giroud or Leao.

Was that the Juve game, I remember that being equally as frustrating for them but I thought Juve scored a random header or something.

Gigi Galli posted:

They deserved to win really, lol. Mike absolutely man of the match. It was the same exact poo poo as it was against Lecce before the break and Napoli before that (and Udinese too really). Second half shitshow after a decent enough first half.

Ya I missed most of the first half so I didn't know if Milan dominated as much early on but going off from where I saw it definitely seemed like Fiorentina at the very least deserved a pt or a more. To be fair to Milan, Jovic should have put them up 2-0 and game was over. Theo had a insane through ball to him but Jovic doing Jovic things hitting too close to the keeper.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ulio posted:

Was that the Juve game, I remember that being equally as frustrating for them but I thought Juve scored a random header or something.

Lazio, Milenkovic gave up a dumb handball penalty in the last couple minutes or so after Lazio looked pretty poo poo the entire match (granted Fiorentina couldn't manage to score a goal either)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ulio posted:

Ya I missed most of the first half so I didn't know if Milan dominated as much early on but going off from where I saw it definitely seemed like Fiorentina at the very least deserved a pt or a more. To be fair to Milan, Jovic should have put them up 2-0 and game was over. Theo had a insane through ball to him but Jovic doing Jovic things hitting too close to the keeper.

Yeah the first half was a story of Milan not being able to finish some real sitters and Terracciano standing on his head.

Anybody catch the Empoli - Sassuolo match? Annoyed I missed that, the scoreline looks wild.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBvlULW_Y8s

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
this should be time stamped to Pulisic's goal, which was superb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2ZOjB0Hp4&t=90s

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice kit contrast in Nap/Inter

shame about that goal

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WhistleWatchers/status/1733381018285924394

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Good.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
checking in on Serie B

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1733510617279983986?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
check in some more

https://twitter.com/eu_goal/status/1733870413686378600

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
more evidence that Venezia are going up

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dybala and Lukaku looked like they were finally building synergy. Dybala goes for a tackle and injuries himself. If I was Mourinho I would tell Dybala to do the bare minimum, not sure why he is jumping into tackles.

IT's crazy the career he has had despite being so injury prone especially last 2-3 years.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Love to watch Fiorentina maintain most of the possession and do absolutely nothing with it every week

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

Love to watch Fiorentina maintain most of the possession and do absolutely nothing with it every week

That's the Vinny Italian guarantee ™️

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/SempreMilanCom/status/1733899376391754234

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think this is pure media bullshit since Ibrahimovic has been hanging around the team and Abate is the primavera coach. It’s the “logical” choice. I can’t see Pioli getting canned until we’re out of the CL and out of the top four which can’t happen for 2 weeks.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Roma vs Fiorentina was an absolute hilarious game to watch. Both teams have the opposite problem.

Roma has a clinical sriker but 0 service, it's astonishing that Lukaku has 7 goals this season and none are pens lol. Without Dybala, this Roma team lacks any creativity. Jose literally cannot beat any top team but he just grinds out every weak team so he ends up with 5-6th spot.

Fiorentina meanwhile have the great tactics by Italiano to always play brave, keep the ball on the ground, play from the back. They create many chances with their wingers/fullbacks Biraghi, Nico Gonzales, Ikone and Bonaventure as the 10. Problem is their strikers are weak. Beltran started off looking promising but he doesn't score and Nzola was great at Spezia but they were not playing heavy possession style like Fiorentina. So it's not using his pace which is one of his best assets.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bologna in 4th place with that squad is amazing. Thiago Motta showing Mourinho how you play proper football. I really despise Allegri/Mourinho football.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I like how Bologna are tough defensively without being boring and just sitting back. They're always trying to win the ball and then are very direct in attack once they get it. Their recruiting has been good too, Ferguson for €2m and Zirkzee for €8m were remarkably good deals, and they've gotten so much from the players they have in on loan the last 2 years.

They hired Sartori away from Atalanta to be their technical director last year and it seems like they're building a solid project, although I suppose it could all crumble quickly when Motta goes and they inevitably sell part of the current core.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya I don't think Bologna will be able to keep this up but they have no competiton and without injuries they should have a good placement.

Definitely feel like this is the year where Motta gets a promotion and maybe takes one of his players with him. There were rumors that PSG were looking at him but he was not proven at the highest level.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I just made the Gary Neville "Fernando Torres vs Barca" noise when Ndoye scored

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Buon Natale coglioni

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
mfw the turkey is dry

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Gigi Galli posted:

Buon Natale coglioni

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxG7R1ML7J8

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Udinese with Fabio Quagirella - Di Natale - Sanchez was something special. All three could score wonder goals.