Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

nice pen, monza guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hell yes fiorentina

now hold on for ten minutes

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

ruan worst defender in serie a?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

ruan worst defender in serie a?

He’s probably the consensus choice.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
tremendous things are happening in turin

https://streamin.me/v/e2fd8a6c/o

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

indeed

https://streamin.me/v/85a74031

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

corto muso, indeed

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i don't think i've seen any manager get red carded as much as mourinho

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i don't think i've seen any manager get red carded as much as mourinho

Honestly it was a big foul on Lukaku, don't know how that was not a yellow card atleast. I didn't see Mourinho bitch too much.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
McKennie was balling yesterday

https://twitter.com/SerieA_EN/status/1745762549201600699

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Mourinho’s up in heaven, kicking a water bottle.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I love that Roma are perpetually mad about everything.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
mama mia
https://twitter.com/tomorienjoyer_/status/1746646561193345355?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I saw the odds of Milan vs Roma right before kick off. Man how wrong were the odds. Milan should have been massive favorites. Roma failed to win vs them v 10 men at Olimpico with Dybala. Not sure how it was so close when Roma had no Dybala, no Mourinho and at San Siro. Also other than AC Milans centerbacks and Bennacer that Milan lineup was as good as it gets.

I do think Roma for once played well, they managed to pass the ball around quite well especially the first 10 minutes. Their strategy wasn't just to give Mancini the ball and long ball it into Lukaku for a layoff.

E; Also I love roma because I have been betting vs them vs every top 6 team and it's been great for my beer money. This team literally cannot beat any decent team especially with no Dybala.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 15, 2024

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Pioli has never lost to Mourinho. He’s played 6 games against him and had 4 wins and 2 draws. Apparently that’s the most anyone’s ever accomplished against him. Lmao.

I actually think Milan flattered Roma during parts of the second half. Maignan made two good but not breathtaking saves that I’ve seen him make before and Calabria had the usual brain fart, otherwise Roma were barely threatening.

Ironically they looked like Milan playing against Inter the last couple years. Just lost but with a decent amount of relatively meaningless possession.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
"meaningless possession" is right, imo. They weren't just lumping up long balls to Lukaku, but they also weren't able to get Lukaku involved at all, so they might've just been better off playing route one.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
If you had told me Lukaku wasn’t playing I’d have believed you. Apart from the beginning of the first half, it was mostly Paredes(?) hucking shots from outside the box.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

paddyboat posted:

If you had told me Lukaku wasn’t playing I’d have believed you. Apart from the beginning of the first half, it was mostly Paredes(?) hucking shots from outside the box.

well in Lukaku's partial defense, Roma got their penalty because of him*

*(his attempt to lay off a pass for Pellegrini was so badly overhit that it caused Pellegrini to have to run into the penalty area where Calabria fouled him)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Pioli has never lost to Mourinho. He’s played 6 games against him and had 4 wins and 2 draws. Apparently that’s the most anyone’s ever accomplished against him. Lmao.

I actually think Milan flattered Roma during parts of the second half. Maignan made two good but not breathtaking saves that I’ve seen him make before and Calabria had the usual brain fart, otherwise Roma were barely threatening.

Ironically they looked like Milan playing against Inter the last couple years. Just lost but with a decent amount of relatively meaningless possession.

Ya I was surprised how low Milan played. I have watched many Roma games at the start of the season, stopped whenever Dybala is not there because they are unwatchable.

But it was a great strategy from Pioli, Roma can't do anything with possession especially without Dybala and Pellegrini out of form(now for 2 years lol).

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Rip Mourinho

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bit harsh even though they played poo poo football they are still in EL knockout round and only 5pts away from top 5.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Mama mia thats a loving Fifa finesse goal by Vlahovic

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
these cunts can’t win after abusing Maignan ffs

:poolgirl:

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 20, 2024

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
got em. get hosed

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eat poo poo, clowns. Enjoy Serie B.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Gigi Galli posted:

Eat poo poo, clowns. Enjoy Serie B.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Roma looked a bit better with DDR atleast first half.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Udinese have identified 1 of the guys who racially abused Maignan and have banned him for life and the sporting courts have handed the club a punishment of 1 game in a closed stadium so far. It's a start.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 23, 2024

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

In other news, Gigi Riva passed away yesterday. He's still Italy's top international scorer even after nearly 50 years, and a Cagliari bandiera for being the protagonist in their one and only title, playing with the club for nearly all of his professional career.

During the suprecup final yesterday, they held a minute of silence for him and the Saudi "fans" whistled it. Class acts.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

In other news, Gigi Riva passed away yesterday. He's still Italy's top international scorer even after nearly 50 years, and a Cagliari bandiera for being the protagonist in their one and only title, playing with the club for nearly all of his professional career.

During the suprecup final yesterday, they held a minute of silence for him and the Saudi "fans" whistled it. Class acts.

Ya I saw that. They whistled for Beckenbauer's minute of silence too. Most classiest fans, those saudis.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ulio posted:

Ya I saw that. They whistled for Beckenbauer's minute of silence too. Most classiest fans, those saudis.

I had forgotten about that; amazing.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/livescore/status/1752241281911144665

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Pioli is like a monk. Conte is a fearsome man. It will be a shock for the staff and players this summer (I hope he gives The Milan Lab chills). The club has not had a bastard in charge since...I cannot remember. And never one like Conte.

Dilkington fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 30, 2024

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Dilkington posted:

The club has not had a bastard in charge since...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=shared&v=ZDf2Zl6TR48

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What the gently caress

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pioli hasn't been that bad tbf. Got to UCL semis, won the scudetto albeit he only finished 4th thanks to Juve's deducted pts last season. But I have enjoyed the football he has tried to play, I am not a big fan of the old school Italian playstyle that the likes of Conte and Allegri play. I feel like the fans expectation of this team are too high, as soon as they go on a losing streak they ask for Pioli's head. Getting regularly smashed by Inter hasn't helped Pioli backers either.

I think Conte will deliver results but...This really doesn't seem like a Conte team to me. Conte doesn't really work well with young players, while Milan's project seems to be just buy promising young players and hopefully flip them for a fortune. So it just doesn't seem aligned to me. I would have rather gone with Thiago Motta or Italiano. They play closer football to Pioli and work well with youngsters. Also I feel like with Leao and Giroud most likely out this summer, you got a decent chunk of money and wages to sign someone like Joshua Zirkzee, he has already worked with Motta.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Best defense, best attack, best goal difference, most clean sheets in the top five leagues. First time in Serie A a team has scored four goals four matches in a row. This league is being eaten alive.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

GreatestLurker posted:

Best defense, best attack, best goal difference, most clean sheets in the top five leagues. First time in Serie A a team has scored four goals four matches in a row. This league is being eaten alive.

Ya they are no Napoli in terms of playstyle but man they are entertaining, which is something I haven't said for a Inter side for like ever.

It's crazy because they play 3 cbs so their defense is insanely good and that's kinda what their team is setup to do. But their counterattacks are so deadly. A guy like Bastoni can start it off or Pavard, their cbs have such good long range passing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lol Lazio getting 3 reds vs Milan. I feel like they were the better team for the first half but they didn't get any decisions for them in that first half. They just lost their heads in the 2nd half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Nice meltdown