Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
goddamn every single regular from that thread is just a deranged freak aren't they

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Speaking purely as a swede, there's absolutely no "war fatigue" here.
1) It's not our guys dying.
2) The money and equipment going to Ukraine has zero impact on ordinary swedes.
3) We are really, really tired of Russia's poo poo.

Like, we've spent 300 years at war or preparing for war with Russia. Then after the fall of the USSR everyone thought things would chill out. We traveled to Russia. We traded with Russia. Hell, we held joint military exercises with Russia.
And Russia kept loving with us. Subs in our waters, planes in our sky and spies all over the place. Russians buying up land near sensitive military installations.
We tried to be good neighbors, and we got shat on.

So the general mood here is "Go Ukraine! gently caress them up!"

i may never achieve my dream of turning ADTRW into an ash heap, but PYF Tankies was a fine feather in the cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao at the last 3 pages

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

goddamn every single regular from that thread is just a deranged freak aren't they

i may never achieve my dream of turning ADTRW into an ash heap, but PYF Tankies was a fine feather in the cap.

you can't turn the bleach thread to ash, that's where ryujin jakka is

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

im convinced that a strong foundation in dialectical materialism is so necessary to navigate modernity that lacking it is a cognitohazard that rots brains and turns people into violent freaks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Clicking that quote at the top of the page took me to the gbs ukriane thread and currently they are all melting down about tankies

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
powerful username

Nelson Mandingo posted:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Clicking that quote at the top of the page took me to the gbs ukriane thread and currently they are all melting down about tankies

they really are

tankies tankies all around

HallelujahLee fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 22, 2023

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

a bunch of minor inconveniences that are typical of international relations was enough to turn one Swedish poster into Hitler.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
lol weren't all the 'Russian subs in Swedish waters' scare stories in the Swedish media entirely invented

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

let em cook, historically that's a one way road to posters who need a perma revealing themselves

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

let em cook, historically that's a one way road to posters who need a perma revealing themselves

you dont even need to push anything they self-immolate in the ukraine thread here every once and while

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

They're putting subs in the water and turning the freaking swedes nazis!!

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

John Charity Spring posted:

lol weren't all the 'Russian subs in Swedish waters' scare stories in the Swedish media entirely invented
https://www.nytimes.com

Sweden Says Those Russian Subs Were Minks

Published: February 12, 1995

STOCKHOLM, Feb. 11— Sweden has confirmed an embarrassing fact: that its defense forces have been hunting minks, not Russian submarines.

"It's a sad fact that what was originally stated to be intrusions into our waters have proved to be minks," Prime Minister Ingvar Carlsson said Friday.
For the last 20 years, Sweden has often protested loudly and internationally that foreign submarines -- principally from the former Soviet Union -- were sneaking around its long coastline.

But Owe Wiktorin, the armed forces Chief of Staff, revealed a discovery as he presented a report about military and naval activity. He said that although security equipment had long detected sounds that the country had identified as coming from submarines, hydrophonic instruments introduced to the Swedish Navy in 1992 had shown that minks could give off sound patterns similar to those of submarines.

Mr. Wiktorin said he could confirm that since 1992 at least, there had been no intrusions into Sweden's territorial waters.

Military analysts are checking sound recordings of suspected submarines before 1992 to see if they were, in fact, nothing more sinister than minks or other small, otter-like swimming animals.

The regular hunts for submarines in the fjords and islands of Sweden, Norway and Finland were a regular feature of the cold war years in Nordic countries, a sensitive buffer zone between the Communist Soviet Union and the West.

In 1981, Swedish suspicions were apparently confirmed when a Soviet submarine became stranded on rocks near a military base at Karlskrona. The submarine was a diesel-powered vessel of the type called Whiskey class by NATO.

It became a common sight in the 1980's to see Swedish ships dropping depth charges into Baltic waters in search of submarines.

Mr. Carlsson said a submarine commission would review all aspects of Sweden's submarine hunts. He added that he did not think it was necessary for Sweden to apologize to Russia, although he said he regretted some comments made in recent years.

A military researcher, Wilhelm Agrell, said the "mink hunt" had weakened the credibility of Sweden's defense. "Defense forces have shown themselves to be lacking in the competence they claim to have," he said.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

STOCKHOLM, Feb. 11— Sweden has confirmed an embarrassing fact: that its defense forces have been hunting minks, not Russian submarines.

"It's a sad fact that what was originally stated to be intrusions into our waters have proved to be minks," Prime Minister Ingvar Carlsson said Friday.
For the last 20 years, Sweden has often protested loudly and internationally that foreign submarines -- principally from the former Soviet Union -- were sneaking around its long coastline.

But Owe Wiktorin, the armed forces Chief of Staff, revealed a discovery as he presented a report about military and naval activity. He said that although security equipment had long detected sounds that the country had identified as coming from submarines, hydrophonic instruments introduced to the Swedish Navy in 1992 had shown that minks could give off sound patterns similar to those of submarines.

Mr. Wiktorin said he could confirm that since 1992 at least, there had been no intrusions into Sweden's territorial waters.

Military analysts are checking sound recordings of suspected submarines before 1992 to see if they were, in fact, nothing more sinister than minks or other small, otter-like swimming animals.

The regular hunts for submarines in the fjords and islands of Sweden, Norway and Finland were a regular feature of the cold war years in Nordic countries, a sensitive buffer zone between the Communist Soviet Union and the West.

In 1981, Swedish suspicions were apparently confirmed when a Soviet submarine became stranded on rocks near a military base at Karlskrona. The submarine was a diesel-powered vessel of the type called Whiskey class by NATO.

It became a common sight in the 1980's to see Swedish ships dropping depth charges into Baltic waters in search of submarines.

Mr. Carlsson said a submarine commission would review all aspects of Sweden's submarine hunts. He added that he did not think it was necessary for Sweden to apologize to Russia, although he said he regretted some comments made in recent years.

A military researcher, Wilhelm Agrell, said the "mink hunt" had weakened the credibility of Sweden's defense. "Defense forces have shown themselves to be lacking in the competence they claim to have," he said.

lmfao

swede gets so worked up about mustelids in the sea that he defends paedophiles and cheers on mass death

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
russia navy is simultaneously 70% rust by weight, but also evading swedish nato equipment easily. luckily the swedes have been preparing for 300 years and are doing the hunt of red october on small animals.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

theres a lot of ai hillary in that thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

if you look at some of the early pages tintower tries to own the tankies by posting a trans stalin

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I recall a certain group of forum users trying to find out how to donate to Wagner during the coup

Wonder if any of them are also the person buying avatars

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mark immune posted:

powerful username

lol not an embarrassingly racist name at all what are you implying

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

There's a documentary, Reagan's Secret War (German title: Täuschung – Die Methode Reagan), from 2015 that covers the alleged submarines in Swedish waters during the cold war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aErIjhzBJN4&t=1265s

There's also a book by Mathias Mossberg, In Dark Waters: How the Swedish people were misled on the u-boat issue (Swedish title: I mörka vatten: hur svenska folket fördes bakom ljuset i ubåtsfrågan).

There's also a 389 page report by a government inquiry that was published in 2001 referred to as the 2001 Submarine investigation (Swedish: Ubåtsutredningen) or "Statens offentliga utredningar 2001:85".

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

spacemang_spliff posted:

I recall a certain group of forum users trying to find out how to donate to Wagner during the coup

Wonder if any of them are also the person buying avatars

lol

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

oh my god

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

lmfao

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, but Olaf Plme is really dead so
Wait

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
*adorable sea weasels paddle past the shores of fjörfjärdgörn*

guy named mister sunshine: loving RUSKIES

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sweden is going to violate Mink II

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

sweden shouldn't exist

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

if you look at some of the early pages tintower tries to own the tankies by posting a trans stalin

the pyf tankie to cum warrior pipeline

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Popy posted:

sweden shouldn't exist

why, tankie chum?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Popy posted:

sweden shouldn't exist

glad somebody is finally saying it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

mark immune posted:

powerful username

:yikeseroo:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tankie

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
orcs before bjorks imo

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

it happened a couple times and then was used as an explanation/cover story for multiple ongoing US spying incursions thru the 80s

a guy named milton leitenburg at the "Center for International and Security Studies" wrote a whole rear end book about secret soviet subs. his other hits include finding super secret russian documents that prove, despite all available evidence to the contrary, that the US did NOT drop plague bombs on korea using research from unit 731's pardoned scientists, and it was all a soviet lie. can we see these documents? well, no, we only have handwritten "copies" which are totally real we swear, we've authenticated them based on a vibe check,

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mr Hootington posted:

tbf that's cspam but it's libs here.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Popy posted:

sweden shouldn't exist

All those countries up there should be one country, and Iceland is as good a name as any

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
The tankie scum, the

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Weka posted:

tbf that's cspam but it's libs here.

Not even remotely similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005