Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
booked some time at a SMASHBURGER lab for an experiment to test for an as-yet undiscovered non-beef burger even smaller than the slider, the Higgs-Bison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

canyoneer

heard all the exaggerated jokes from burger engineers about how my discipline isn't "real world applicable"

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Observe our new Double-Slider Experiment.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

Published my theoretical burger recipe in the prestigious scholarly journal Handheld Science

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 20, 2023

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
i got my master's degree in burgerology at the hamburger university

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

a burger and an anti-burger are known to display quantum entanglement of states. this is true even over long distances, we believe due to a theoretical particle called the Hamburger Helper

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

canyoneer

"i thought you said we were having steamed clams"
"oh no, STEM hams!"

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
does it come w/ fries & a soda??

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

burger theory is good but i always preferred meteora

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

watho

i've become well-done

Finger Prince

watho posted:

i've become well-done

Destroyer of flavor

Manifisto

Viginti Septem posted:

Observe our new Double-Slider Experiment.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

someone I know believes they have a grand unified soup-in-a-bread-bowl theory, but science has not yet accepted the link between burgerology(/burgeronomy, please let's not get started on the distinction here) and the rest of the known comestible forces

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

Sure, burger theory makes for a convenient, easily digestible conceptualization, but we thought that about cheese string theory until someone brought up lactose intolerance.

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
what is the academic position on dr. dave thomas' theory of square pattyerization

watho

squaring the circle of wendy's patties

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
My university's burger textbooks haven't been updated in decades. There's a chapter called "Hamburger Sandwiches in the Space Age: Styrofoam and Atomic Broilers?"

ShimmyGuy

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
No you don't understand our workers are skilled, they just believe in maintaining schrodinger's pickles

watho

nasa is spending billions of dollars every year trying to finally achieve mankind's biggest dream of a sun-grilled burger

Buttchocks

So instead of putting our burger on the grill, we're going to put it where the grill would be three parallel worlds away. This allows us to do half flips instead of full flips. This shaves 23 seconds off our cooking time, but causes the grill to crash if you put a cheese slice on top of the burger, which is why you instead need to have the bun and cheese slice next to each other in your inventory. In my previous video, I showed how to trick the memory slot into creating a whole bun from only one bun fragment...

watho

Buttchocks posted:

So instead of putting our burger on the grill, we're going to put it where the grill would be three parallel worlds away. This allows us to do half flips instead of full flips. This shaves 23 seconds off our cooking time, but causes the grill to crash if you put a cheese slice on top of the burger, which is why you instead need to have the bun and cheese slice next to each other in your inventory. In my previous video, I showed how to trick the memory slot into creating a whole bun from only one bun fragment...

canyoneer

sandwich fundamentalists opened an elaborate museum in which they argue, against the commonly accepted science, that burgers could not exist

Escape From Noise

The (confirmed) theory is that the "burger" is a sandwich.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Buttchocks

Burger Luke theory

watho

my theory is that i'm gonna make some burgs this weekend. the hypothesis is that they will be tastey stay tuned for results

baka of lathspell

Buttchocks posted:

lmao

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
walking crisply into the auditorium in a black turtle neck, pencil skirt, boots, hair in a severe bun. 200 terrified harvard undergrads hold their breath. I walk to the chalk board and with ruthless, precise strokes write JACQUES DERRIDA on the board. I stare and then write ""IL N'Y A PAS DE HORS-BRIOCHE." confused silence, the dim sounds of a handful of pencils flitting across notebooks. "What IS a burger," I ask, almost sternly. no hands emerge from the crowd. I turn to the board and draw a single black bean. and then another. and then a third, and then. the crowd loses its poo poo. an ocean of cheers, applause. bras flying in from the outfield and hitting th e drat podium. "Welcome," I say, "to english 3220."

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

quantum burg theory

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

deep dish peat moss

watho posted:

nasa is spending billions of dollars every year trying to finally achieve mankind's biggest dream of a sun-grilled burger

and the russians just bought a grill

deep dish peat moss

Having a BBQ this weekend and considering bringing some Bose-Einstein Condiments.

deep dish peat moss

Would you like the Small, Medium, or Hypothesize?

Finger Prince

Let's say your friend is grilling burgers. He's got enough for everyone there, but not enough for seconds. Some of the people are going to ask for a veggie burger, some of them are going to ask for a brat. That will free up some burgers for secondary consumption. The question is, do you also ask for a brat, increasing the number of free burgers in the pool, or do you get a burger first and hope that everyone else is going for the first option? What is the most advantageous position to take in order to maximize the number of burgers available to everyone?

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Finger Prince posted:

Let's say your friend is grilling burgers. He's got enough for everyone there, but not enough for seconds. Some of the people are going to ask for a veggie burger, some of them are going to ask for a brat. That will free up some burgers for secondary consumption. The question is, do you also ask for a brat, increasing the number of free burgers in the pool, or do you get a burger first and hope that everyone else is going for the first option? What is the most advantageous position to take in order to maximize the number of burgers available to everyone?

never ask for seconds. start by asking for fourths and then grab 3 more plates :boonie:

if questioned, say "a growing boy needs nourishment"

:btroll:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

canyoneer

Finger Prince posted:

oh, this is an example of game theory from nobel prize laureate mathematician john nash! he was portrayed by russell crowe in the biographical oscar winning film "Goodburger"

Buttchocks

deep dish peat moss posted:

Would you like the Small, Medium, or Hypothesize?

Buttchocks

Hamburgler, Escher, Bach

canyoneer

i'm working in the kitchen and the waiter asks which one of these heisenburgers is for table 6. I keep telling him that I either know where the burger is or which table it's going to, but never both.

Finger Prince

In this paper I will prove mathematically that the lines of definition for smashburger and slider never intersect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

How Wonderful! posted:

walking crisply into the auditorium in a black turtle neck, pencil skirt, boots, hair in a severe bun. 200 terrified harvard undergrads hold their breath. I walk to the chalk board and with ruthless, precise strokes write JACQUES DERRIDA on the board. I stare and then write ""IL N'Y A PAS DE HORS-BRIOCHE." confused silence, the dim sounds of a handful of pencils flitting across notebooks. "What IS a burger," I ask, almost sternly. no hands emerge from the crowd. I turn to the board and draw a single black bean. and then another. and then a third, and then. the crowd loses its poo poo. an ocean of cheers, applause. bras flying in from the outfield and hitting th e drat podium. "Welcome," I say, "to english 3220."

lol

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)