Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You people are getting absolutely pwned by Three Olives ITT. I mean, I don't expect a lot from most of you, but step up your game. :drat:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humor.

And 3O pwns himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

BigBadSteve posted:

And 3O pwns himself.

I don't see how, was it the BBQ sauce? My husband buys that.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Three Olives posted:

I don't see how, was it the BBQ sauce? My husband buys that.

We're way less snobby than you irl, hence way less shallow and stupid.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Wears a tan suit

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

We're way less snobby than you irl, hence way less shallow and stupid.

So, you are saying you are snobby, judgemental and elitest but you don't even have a Dyson hairdryer to show for it. BTW, high recommended, it's so quiet and the airflow is so even. It's really a shame that people don't invest in quality products anymore and just pick up some piece of poo poo at Walgreens that goes bad in 6 months and contributes to our pollution crisis.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

And speaking of things you use everyday, ever since we put in our Breville Combi Wave 3-1, I don't understand why people put up with microwaves that make such ugly sounds and have such bad time and power adjustments. Like, how much could it cost to make microwaves more pleasant to use for everyone? All you have to do is replace the dinging thing for a much less shrill experience.

I do miss my Advantium oven though, but I do still agree with our decision that keeping as much of the original millwork in our house within practical limitations was important to maintaining the character of the home.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WHY WOULD YOU SHOOT A MAN BEFORE THROWING HIM OUT OF A PLANE?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Oh so its your husband who has no taste, shocker

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wow you guys are really falling apart in here, maybe you should get help.

Not from me of course, I have much more important things to do.
And I don't care for you anyway.
You weirdos.

You're still here?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Taking a limo to a black tie event in Melbourne last week and I had to show an HBS grad how to tie a bow-tie.

He nearly showed up at the front door without any neckwear. Can you imagine? I made sure to let him know that a Yale man would've had it sorted.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Taking a limo to a black tie event in Melbourne last week and I had to show an HBS grad how to tie a bow-tie.

He nearly showed up at the front door without any neckwear. Can you imagine? I made sure to let him know that a Yale man would've had it sorted.

Neckwear? What is this, 1880?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

Neckwear? What is this, 1880?

Black tie is black tie, and whilst there are some minor deviations allowed for men, not wearing a tie at all would be unacceptable.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Black tie is black tie, and whilst there are some minor deviations allowed for men, not wearing a tie at all would be unacceptable.

I made my billions by disrupting the paradigm.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Back when I was working as a super-yacht chef, I had put together a beautiful ragu of confit duck with preserved orange and hand-made pappardelle. I paired it with a big Sangiovese. It was a pairing that was honestly meant to be.

One of the younger guests ordered a long-island iced tea. We honestly should've steamed halfway around the planet and dropped him off in Florida where he belongs. loving philistine.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Are you going to eat that?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Poohs Packin posted:

Back when I was working as a super-yacht chef, I had put together a beautiful ragu of confit duck with preserved orange and hand-made pappardelle. I paired it with a big Sangiovese. It was a pairing that was honestly meant to be.

One of the younger guests ordered a long-island iced tea. We honestly should've steamed halfway around the planet and dropped him off in Florida where he belongs. loving philistine.

You, uh, you worked AS a super-yacht chef? I knew this thread was open to anyone, but I didn't necessarily think we'd have... ugh... the lower class in here.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Having a hearty guffaw at the mere thought of being seen on a super-yacht. Ugh, can you imagine? Anything less than an ultra-yacht you might as well just die of embarrassment.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

A Fancy Hat posted:

You, uh, you worked AS a super-yacht chef? I knew this thread was open to anyone, but I didn't necessarily think we'd have... ugh... the lower class in here.

Sure, I was the help for a part of my life, but I was at the top of the game. It beats the breaks off boasting about what kind of smart toaster you own.

BRB gonna open some Sauternes to go with this Stilton.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I've been to 71 countries and counting!!!!

</autism>

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Three Olives posted:

So, you are saying you are snobby, judgemental and elitest but you don't even have a Dyson hairdryer to show for it. BTW, high recommended, it's so quiet and the airflow is so even. It's really a shame that people don't invest in quality products anymore and just pick up some piece of poo poo at Walgreens that goes bad in 6 months and contributes to our pollution crisis.

Sorry to interrupt your enjoyment of your favorite cartoon, Scrooge McDuck, but that's pure projection on your part, though of course only to be expected from someone with zero self insight who loves money way more than their own mother.

And the decades old Bakelite hairdryer I found on the kerb works just fine, zero emissions creating new plastic crap that will fail the day after the warranty expires.

If you don't mind me saying, you really are a useless piece of poo poo in every way.

Edit: Microwave oven? Try irradiating your posts, maybe that will make them good, Wait, naaaah.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 7, 2023

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'm contemplating doing Cote d'Azur next year, but I'm not sure I want to mix in with holidaying Brits and Russians. Also, carrying the whole team by being fluent in French makes for a weird dynamic and isn't always relaxing. Maybe just rent a house in Thailand away from it all for a while and do a private burning man.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Burning Man? How primative.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh you're all still going at it? I wish I could say that I expected better, but the truth is that this thread has always been a disappointment to your mother and I.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

Sorry to interrupt your enjoyment of your favorite cartoon, Scrooge McDuck, but that's pure projection on your part, though of course only to be expected from someone with zero self insight who loves money way more than their own mother.

And the decades old Bakelite hairdryer I found on the kerb works just fine, zero emissions creating new plastic crap that will fail the day after the warranty expires.

If you don't mind me saying, you really are a useless piece of poo poo in every way.

What are you going on about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us52N76XA28

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 8, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Sure, I was the help for a part of my life, but I was at the top of the game. It beats the breaks off boasting about what kind of smart toaster you own.

BRB gonna open some Sauternes to go with this Stilton.

So you worked as a Chef once?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Almost every day people ask me, "Tarkus, you're so good at so many things. Tell me, what do you do for a hobby?" I chuckle to myself because everything is a hobby to me!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

So you worked as a Chef once?

Depending on how you look at it, I did thousands of times over the period of several years.

Now I send emails and have lunch for a living.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Husband: Do you want to put all these dishes in the top dishwasher? Because it's empty and there are some dirty dishes in the bottom one already.

Me: Hmmm, I guess?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Please take your sick roleplay fetish poo poo elsewhere

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Depending on how you look at it, I did thousands of times over the period of several years.

Now I send emails and have lunch for a living.

Working for a living is like, so, plebian.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Private Cumshoe posted:

Please take your sick roleplay fetish poo poo elsewhere

If you don't like it you can git out.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

Working for a living is like, so, plebian.

"We labor at our daily work more ardently and thoughtlessly than is necessary to sustain our life because it is even more necessary not to have leisure to stop and think. Haste is universal because everyone is in flight from himself.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Diligence is the mother of good luck, and God gives all things to industry. Work while it is called today, for you know not how much you may be hindered by tomorrow. One today is worth two tomorrows; never leave that till tomorrow which you can do to-day."

-Benjamin Franklin

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

When I installed The Frame in our hallway I was really attracted by how we could mount it vertically so it didn't look like a "TV" in our hallway, mounting basically flush with a wood frame and easily display family photos and also "art" when we had company over. Samsung actually advertises this feature, all the interface elements rotate automatically when you mount it that way and that they say they have vertical art in their art subscription service.

They have like 9 vertical images, so disappointing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yale? Really?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

"We labor at our daily work more ardently and thoughtlessly than is necessary to sustain our life because it is even more necessary not to have leisure to stop and think. Haste is universal because everyone is in flight from himself.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Diligence is the mother of good luck, and God gives all things to industry. Work while it is called today, for you know not how much you may be hindered by tomorrow. One today is worth two tomorrows; never leave that till tomorrow which you can do to-day."

-Benjamin Franklin

Beer is proof that God loves us
-Benjamin Franklin

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tell me the code

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Tell me the code

it's 411.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You fool!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

You fool!

sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

feh, you all talk a big game about elitism but I have yet to see any of you pull off a single Superkick, much less an entire Superkick Party

buncha jabronis itt