Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

individual lens wipes are the way to go. everything else gets greasy or messes with your lens coating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

AEMINAL posted:

I have zeiss ones but they still somehow suck????

those are the ones that work for me, but everyone’s face grease is different

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

you have a beater pair yet op? that’s probably the best way to keep your nice ones looking pristine. zenni has some fun glow-in-the-dark frames that are good for that

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

is that when we become legally blind or are you just bragging?

if that corrects your vision then all you are legally is a morocco mole

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Wee posted:

Unless your prescription changes, always keep your older pairs for around the home/doing messy work, and you can be nicer with your newer pairs for longer.

this also lets you match your glasses up with however sexy you’re feeling at the moment

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wonder if there’s any goons with spoons posters reading this thread; all thinking about that monthly “shoes for crews” draft on their paycheck; getting hot and bothered by this boujie-rear end benefits posting?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't read the cooking forum, so once again I would like you to explain things to me. also you spelled bougie wrong

kitchen jobs always require safety shoes. employees usually have to pay for those. there’s a company called shoes for crews that a lot of food service operations will offer their employees as a “benefit”, the benefit being that you can buy them on an installment plan that’s spread out across your future paychecks. it’s a common gripe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

anyway—not trying to start a derail. that’s just one of my weird pedantic nerd things that i bring up whenever possible because of dumb life events. that post was simply an inescapable compulsion, nothing more