Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He has spent the last 5 hours using the tools he does have to look into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Because he is still busy with it, not me.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

His photo is literally in his profile, just like mine. That's not doxxing

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

No, and when someone asked astral if he knew anything about it when he popped up in the small questions thread the dude ghosted

I don't think jeff was ever actually working on it op

We have spent days on this and will be talking about it when we can. We meaning the entire admin team.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The fact y'all keep ghosting when asked to acknowledge something does not inspire confidence.

Who is ghosting? I don't remember not being here. I just have nothing to share that is any of you alls business at this time.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He isn't ghosting at all he is just trying to figure out a way to talk about this incident while being respectful of privacy.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This is what I meant by being hard to find the words and not ghosting.

I have been mad about this for days but I also knew it was a Jeff thing to comment on. Please know we take things like this extremely seriously.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Fluff this is a bad loving shot man, c’mon

Nah they suck and I don't want to see them posting in here, or at all to be honest.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

I'm assuming in this case that part of the reason for the extra research time is that Bobalicious was "clever" enough to pay the full $10 every time

Yes, just not clever enough to use a different VPN.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

someone will just make a different account to get around this but i think this is still a good idea

Theres really no need for that because if someone has bought themselves a hosed up AV, they won't use their own account and Jeff would still be able to match them together.

Keeping purchases knowledge as a Jeff only thing is something that we won't compromise on. Privacy is more important than anything.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

this has literally proven to not be the case

only once? and it didn't take the entire volunteer mod or admin staff to figure it out. Privacy trumps catching someone in a bullshit lie.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

user names are PII?

Purchases are. I don't want to know how you spend your money.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

for anyone vaguely doubting the Boba Pearl and Turtlicious link i independently verified it, then spoke to Boba Pearl who isn't hiding behind that anymore. currently they have the goal posts at always using a vpn to post, except they've explicitly not done that before and really having a pipe bomb poster re-reg is more than enough info

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Free Eugene V Dubstep, a poster who has never threatened domestic terrorism

Why did they PM me today and you are randomly bringing them up here...