Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That would require him to actually make a decision and stand by it, and lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Spinz posted:

Nah
I get it

While today's event was awful this is still the way SA avs have worked since day 1 with minimal damage, certainly minimal in the last 10 years

Kiwifarms doesn't exist anymore even
"This is the way things have always been" is not a reason to never change them ever, Spinz. The damage is no longer minimal.

Fluffdaddy posted:

He has spent the last 5 hours using the tools he does have to look into this.
Great!

Ohtori Akio posted:

it does not inspire confidence that you are the one to tell us this, rather than him
This!
I get the instinct to turtle up and just not interact with people being dicks to me, I really do, Jeff, but doing that is just going to make people angrier at you. You're doing the exact same thing Lowtax would do, minus breaking things first before swanning off again- if you want people to stop being dicks to you, you need to actually interact with them on the regular. And you're going to have to accept that there is no way to please everyone, there is always going to be a contingent who are never going to be happy with you, for reasons either legitimate or imagined.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Literally any hurdle will do, because right now what we have is none. Well, being able to properly spell your intended targets username might count for some people, but not for most.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jonah Galtberg posted:

All of these solutions seem kind of pointless to me if it really is possible to spoof every identifiable aspect of a payment, I don’t see much difference between doxxing or harassing someone with an avatar and doing it with posts or threads.
"We can't stop it from happening at all, therefore we should do nothing at all" is a bad mindset.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm of the opinion that right now? gently caress the community reaction. That's a problem for later. Right now the community is the one causing the drat problem, by doing the doxxing; impede the ability of those in the community inclined to do so first, then worry about the reaction.
The people who aren't doing it, won't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The fact y'all keep ghosting when asked to acknowledge something does not inspire confidence. You do realize that right?