Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I think we should get rid of them ASAP until they can be tracked.

Also last time I checked KF is still a site that found workarounds for not having Cloudflare.

It’s been awhile since I checked because someone brought up that it was back. This was like 3 months ago I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

very risky blowjob posted:

from what i've seen on twitter it's inaccessible via the clearnet (and they had an alternate url for like, a week, but it also got deplatformed), but still accessible via tor

That’s good at least.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Fluffdaddy posted:

He has spent the last 5 hours using the tools he does have to look into this.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Kins posted:

What would you suggest as a feasible additional hurdle or detection method? Reg dates? Certain account characteristics? Or some other identification method?

I'm curious about what you're thinking here, because I'm not seeing a lot of ways to reasonably, consistently detect a specific miscreant outside of an account login. Even ignoring VPNs, IP addresses change constantly, and occasionally mark an entire state or ISP rather than a single person. Payment details are out of the reach of even Jeff, who only receives a generic transaction ID number from the payment processor. And I'd hope that nobody's willing to do the Twitter Verified submit-your-ID-documents thing for here, of all places.

You could do registered account with at least X posts and then if something was fishy there’s a chance they’d get sniffed out before that hit that post limit to buy avi changes.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Monathin posted:

Yeah this is how I would do it. You might need to figure out a loophole for negative post accounts for the FYAD regulars but beyond that, make it a number that's hard to acquire in one day without attracting some mod suspicion. Like 30-50 or whatever the old j4g standards used to be.

e: Like, to be clear, as stated, nothing is going to be foolproof but having two different types of gates (pay for an account that purchases are linked to, post enough that you get clear to buy avs for others) will deter all but the most insane people.

I was wondering if there’s an actual post count stored for a user as well as their shown post count that could be negative, I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

mr_jolly posted:

Now I've thought about it for a few seconds, yeah, i can see it'd be pretty hard/impossible to know which registered user bought a title if the payment processor won't give any details.

When the user makes the request for the purchase you make a call to the server to retrieve their user info. Idk how easy that is, I’m just saying that’s how you’d implement it, you don’t really care about the payment info if they’re already logged into their account.