Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
i have been accurately doxxed by this avatar

<--------

mods???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Boba posted a few things in the covid thread and some attention was directed at them from various posters. Someone then decided to spend $20 to buy some avatars that were really bad for Boba. Vylekin was actively monitoring the thread and saw/purged both of them.

We're once again asking Jeff to make avatar purchases for others require an account logged in to help trace down people doing this.

wait this poo poo happened yet again?

jeff sucks poo poo idk why any of you still give him money

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

very risky blowjob posted:

i mean even beyond how hosed up it is that someone keeps doing this to boba, it's also like... uhhh it's not a great selling point for a forum to be like "oh most of the time it's fine, but if you piss off some psycho they might stalk you and dox you via your custom title and other weirdo poo poo." like how is it an incentive for me to be here when there's a non-zero risk of some internet maniac being able to change my avatar to a screenshot of my grindr profile or something. it's just a bummer all around. especially the grindr part, literally

yeah but have you considered the site owner wants $10 and doesn't give a single gently caress

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I suspect anonymous harrassers would do burner accounts if it became tied to an account. So given some forums don't raise and even lower your post count, the next bar could be that av purchases can only be done with a Platinum account?

skilled people can pick the lock on my front door in 5 seconds, but a lock is still an extremely useful thing to have because it still deters the vast majority of people. you'll never stop the most dedicated, insane people, no, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a point in still making efforts to deter or prevent the rest of people

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Space Camp fuckup posted:

RIP to the post pictures of yourself, home address, and place of work megathread

mother's maiden name thread still going strong tho

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
goldmine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
sagas thread can't stop radicalizing unstable goons into buying their own hate avatars, wow

Ohtori Akio posted:

the answer is most likely that this was an extended series of literally psychotic actions and she is not currently capable of participating in these forums op. it was not rational

yeah^