Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Fajita Queen posted:

At this point even a "I don't think this issue is worth the time it would take to fix it" out of him would be more than the year of silence we've gotten. It really sucks that after his completely failed attempt at spinning his image when SAD opened he's just completely given up on interacting with feedback.

It makes me wonder, what was it that made him give up and walk away? There had to be a straw that was the last.

Also come the gently caress on and make av purchases traceable. You can go back to the aether once you’ve done the right thing, Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Zesty posted:

Really getting lost in the weeds here.

Just add literally any hurdle. Anything more than what we got.

As someone who has bought a handful of red texts over the years, maybe just disable them altogether until any hurdle can be erected.

Buying other people avs is a big part of the SA culture but it’s not such a sanctosant trait as to allow this bullshit to continue.

Also glad to hear that Jeff is working on the issue, in some way.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

We were informed Jeff had been addressing this issue for “hours” a few days ago. Any further updates?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Psycho Landlord posted:

I don't think jeff was ever actually working on it op

That would be my inclination other than Boba said Jeff had talked to them about it. But I also don't know Boba as a poster so :shrug:

The Astral thing is kinda whatever, they've absolved themselves of talking about or for Jeff for a while.

VVVVV

Fluffdaddy posted:

We have spent days on this and will be talking about it when we can. We meaning the entire admin team.

Thanks, Fluff

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 24, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

That is all very interesting.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

What the gently caress. How are multiple people this stupid? Amazing

The Internet makes you stupid

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Jack Van Burace posted:

I just don't understand how it could happen twice, like what's the thought process that leads you to think you get away with it after the last person to do it

Ostensibly, "Don't do what SPR did and just literally buy it for yourself, cover your tracks. Also no one would believe this would happen again, that would be incredible."

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

This posted got permad for this post on 12/11/19 and was apparently allowed back on the forums on 12/26/19.

Why did it take 5 months to perma in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Why would you let the world's most pathetic failed domestic terrorist back on the website? Why are they still not permabanned now that they've also engaged in an utterly deranged act of slander against their posting enemies?

Working on the plea deal to let them back on the site in two weeks once the perma goes through