Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’ve never seen beyond episode 5 of Utena, so it’s time to fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

buy a ps5

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

i'm unemployed lol

Steal a ps5

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

to think all this could have been avoided if green hair guy didn't hit women.

I do appreciate utena turning a blind eye to the fact that she has to climb an endless spiral staircase to the duel in a locked forest tho.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

also i have to use a vpn to watch this dub

e: cant get over them all saying tenjew, subs > dubs

Namtab fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 1, 2023

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chrome line posted:

This is my favorite show of all time, excited to revisit it! I won't say much about this early stage beyond that there's a lot going on that I very much didn't notice on my first watch. It's working on a fairly allegorical level but at this point it mostly works literally as well, though it's a very heightened melodrama even when ignoring the duels and magic. I personally love all the stylistic choices this show is making and I really need to watch Rose of Versailles and Dear Brother to get more

allegory ftw

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Chu chu is a rat

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don’t think that’s true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TwoStoryHouseCat posted:

Guys I found it

The allegory is us

Saionji is Lowtax, Touga is Jeffrey of YOSPOS. Utena is ADTRW mods. Anthy is the concept of true love. Chu Chu is you and me, the posters

Mind blown. I need a sandwich

adtrw doesnt have a mod, theory rejected