Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I still get pissed remembering the guy I lent my Utena boxset to that somehow managed to completely lose a set of episodes (I believe 19-23) and didn't even offer to replace them :argh:

Looks like the links in the OP don't work though, at least not for me. Could be regional.

Anyway this show was my first exposure to anything involving lgbt+ content that wasn't a joke in media and while for sure it's got some areas that perhaps don't hold up today, it's always going to be important to me :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Ohtori Akio posted:

a new freak rear end prince boy enters the fray and immediately cucks juri. brutal. [engine revs up]

This guy's voiced by the same guy who was Joey Wheeler in Yugioh in the dub and it killed me the first time I heard it. There's so many instantly recognisable 4kids voice actors in this (and then also Crispin Freeman), like how the OG Berserk series dub has Dr. Eggman in there.

God imagine how much they would've had to edit if 4kids had dubbed it themselves :allears:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

The General posted:

I will never understand what the gently caress Shiori's deal is.

My understanding is that it's the classic 'I'm the only person allowed to kill you' vaguely homoerotic antagonist rival type filtered through a toxic yuri lens and with the personality traits necessary for a 'real' person to be that messed up about someone else.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Nanami's pretty good yeah.