Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://www.immaculatefooty.com is the football version of those grid games that have a thread in SAS. You get 9 tries to fill a 3x3 grid of footballers using players from the top 5 European leagues from 1992-present and women's football from 2016.

Think it started last week and so this is the thread where I (and you if you like) can show a complete lack of footy knowledge. I've found out I don't know any players post 2010 so that's fun

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 6 8/9:
Rarity: 445
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️🟩🟩

Given, Samaras, Tevez
Isak, Larsson, Lindelof
MISS, O'Dea, Keane

I was so sure Robbie Keane turned out for Newcastle and I'd already used big Shay for the man city square. Heartbreaking. Thank you Leeds legend Darren O'Dea bumping up the rarity score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

managed 9/9 and 296 for today, kinda didn't get that it was Pointless rules until late on (I refuse to read things despite posting being an entirely text-based affair)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

my best shout today was PATRICK ROBERTS for celtic/man city, followed by aiden mcgeady for ireland/celtic.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
⚽️ Immaculate Footy 7 4/9:
Rarity: 652
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜️

Stupid game, waste of time, gently caress off

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Saw the teams and the flags and just closed the game lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Saw the teams and the flags and just closed the game lol

lol yeah same

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

1/9

remembering things is my passion

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

4/9 very proud of myself

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It's moments like this that I realize I don't like football, I like Atletico Mineiro.

There's one player I can name off the top of my head who played for leverkusen. Paulinho.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

any of you that didn't get micheal ballack for leverkusen, shameful lack of ball knowledge

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
⚽️ Immaculate Footy 8 7/9:
Rarity: 309
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩⬜️🟩

Should have gotten bamba dieng for Senegal/marseille since he nearly signed for leeds. Pleased with my 2% answer Sinama-Pongolle for the top right

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I got 6/9 because I was too busy trying to guess Senegalese players that I forgot to fill in some random French guy for Lyon but I was pleased with 3% for David N'Gog, Liverpool/France and 1% each for William Gallas in Marseille/Arsenal and Djibril Cisse for Marseille/France.

Also surprised by the rarity of Kolo Toure for Arsenal/Liverpool (11%) and El-Hadji Diouf for Liverpool/Senegal (10%)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Also surprised by the rarity of Kolo Toure for Arsenal/Liverpool (11%) and El-Hadji Diouf for Liverpool/Senegal (10%)

Recency bias would be my guess, I answered the first with used care salesman too but picked a much more recent and obvious player for the second.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
7/9 for 445 points
Was guessing guys named Sarr for Lyon but they both played for Marseille, whoops.
Love to member Yossi Benayoun!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 8 8/9:
Rarity: 370
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
��⬜️🟩

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
You can get an absurd rarity score by using players in the women’s game. Even the most famous ones are super rare for example eugenie le sommer at like 0.4% for Lyon/France

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
⚽️ Immaculate Footy 9 7/9:
Rarity: 276
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜️⬜️

I picked the wrong maicon it's not fair

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 9 8/9:
Rarity: 176
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
��🟩⬜️

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
⚽️ Immaculate Footy 9 6/9:
Rarity: 401
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️

My crippling lack of knowledge about Spanish and Italian football has come back to bite me. Can't believe I forgot Alisson signed for Liverpool from Roma.

Pleased to have avoided some of the really obvious ones though, by going for people who were well known but not the first name to come to mind. My sub-10 scores were Samuel Eto'o for Barcelona/goals (8%), Maxwell for Barcelona/Brazil (3%) and Erik Lamela for Roma/Argentina (6%).

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
⚽️ Immaculate Footy 9 8/9:
Rarity: 186
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜️

I stared at the bottom right one for like 20 minutes before clicking the "give up" button

My best rarity score today was Lamela for 10+ goals at Roma for 0.4%, I figured nobody that watched him in England would ever guess that lol

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
Never played any of these games before.

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 9 5/9:
Rarity: 538
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️

Is a big rarity good or bad? I imagine bad considering Messi and Suarez were used.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

hadji murad posted:

Never played any of these games before.

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 9 5/9:
Rarity: 538
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️

Is a big rarity good or bad? I imagine bad considering Messi and Suarez were used.

You get +100 for each missed answer. Do you go for the sure bets to fill the grid or try to be clever and get unbelievably owned for your arrogance

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the sex ghost posted:

You get +100 for each missed answer. Do you go for the sure bets to fill the grid or try to be clever and get unbelievably owned for your arrogance

the latter is more fun imo

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i cannot remember anyone who ever played for valencia somehow

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i cannot remember anyone who ever played for valencia somehow

me neither

or indeed anyone who played for villareal

6/9, 395 how the hell is ronaldo a 6% answer, disgraceful

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There were definitely one or two players where I put their name thinking "this guy definitely played for Villareal" and then looked them up afterwards and it was Valencia

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 11 9/9:
Rarity: 245
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

would've scored like 5/9 if I didn't turn it into a research project

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The only game where it can ask 'name 1 Spanish footballer' and you're staring at your phone going 'gently caress...poo poo!!!'

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 11 6/9:
Rarity: 440
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️

what even IS a Sporting?

Missing bottom right is very embarrassing though

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

1/9, 804

could have had 2/9 if I'd remembered that ravanelli played for lazio but italian football after 1999 isn't real and can't hurt you*

*offer not available to actual italians

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
number 12 was in my wheelhouse

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 12 9/9:
Rarity: 168
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

yeah seriously go ping the Serie A thread for this one

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Got a 2% on Dino Baggio after trying his more successful namesake

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
⚽️ Immaculate Footy 13 8/9:
Rarity: 421
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Basic answers and burned a guess by putting Ake because I thought it said Holland/City:cripes:

Got a nice little 2% on Uwe Rosler so not a total loss

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Only 6/9 today and they were all 20% or higher, the only player I could remember who played for Wolfsburg was Edin Dzeko and by the time I got to Southampton/Belgium I had already used both Lavia and Alderweireld so I was stumped.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
thought the big green w referredto womens football so blanked the whole column :cheers:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 14 9/9:
Rarity: 334
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://www.immaculatefooty.com
@immaculatefooty x @fbref

Love it OP

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
⚽️ Immaculate Footy 14 8/9:
Rarity: 423
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜️
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://www.immaculatefooty.com

I screwed myself with a guess on the bottom row center column by using a guess on Lewis Hall, going for rarity points, but he doesn't count because he hasn't played for Newcastle yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
Finally!

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 14 9/9:
Rarity: 294
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩