Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

managed 9/9 and 296 for today, kinda didn't get that it was Pointless rules until late on (I refuse to read things despite posting being an entirely text-based affair)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

1/9

remembering things is my passion

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i cannot remember anyone who ever played for valencia somehow

me neither

or indeed anyone who played for villareal

6/9, 395 how the hell is ronaldo a 6% answer, disgraceful

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

1/9, 804

could have had 2/9 if I'd remembered that ravanelli played for lazio but italian football after 1999 isn't real and can't hurt you*

*offer not available to actual italians

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 14 8/9:
Rarity: 354
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜️

I thought that Azpilicueta went to Barca, but forgot that I could literally have had Winston Bogarde, the most famous Chelsea player of all time

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 15 3/9:
Rarity: 686
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️🟩

the bundesliga may as well be played on the moon

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 16 2/9:
Rarity: 728
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️🟩

things I do not know about :
germany
italy
spain
anything after 2006
good posting

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 17 2/9:
Rarity: 828
⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️

i'm just happy that some of these players have their own page

must help get them through their applebees shift each week

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 18 2/9:
Rarity: 774
🟩🟩⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️

love a 2/9, me

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I feel like there should be an exception to the rule to allow Gary Lineker as an answer

e: I also completely memory-holed the fact that City signed George Weah and still got relegated

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 4, 2023

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 20 9/9:
Rarity: 151
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

:alonso:

today is the day where we remember raimond van der gouw and jordi cruyff

tbf from looking at the answers if you want a sub-100 score the real/barca one has the two famous ones and then some real obscure rear end-pulls and early 90s poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 21 4/9:
Rarity: 567
⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️🟩

red bull is a soft drink

remembering that didier deschamps played for chelsea gets you a 1%er, though

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 22 4/9:
Rarity: 523
🟩⬜️⬜️
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️

Paul Robinson is a 1% answer, but it also turns out there are three players by that name and you're going to have to pick the right one

slightly embarrassed that I couldn't think of an Englishman who played for Wolves, but otoh I absolutely could and it's not my fault that the computer doesn't like Steve Bull

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 23 2/9:
Rarity: 770
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️🟩⬜️

just out here trying several combinations of the three italians who ever played for chelsea

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 24 2/9:
Rarity: 798
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️🟩

classic flj 2 out of 9

lmao looking at the acceptable answers for barca and rayo vallecano, apparently there's one answer where the player appeared in more than 6 games for barca, and it was in 1993, so good luck with that

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 25 2/9:
Rarity: 797
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️🟩

consistency is tres important

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 26 1/9:
Rarity: 801
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️

lmao at getting one and it's a 0.9%er

jovan kirovski died on the way back to his home planet

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 27 7/9:
Rarity: 402
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️🟩⬜️
🟩🟩🟩

and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for not knowing the difference between the flag of senegal and other similar flags

this game is increasingly convincing me that I'm not actually a cultured football knower who could be featured on an award-winning Guardian podcast about how to deal with other people and their wrong ideas about football, and rather I'm just someone who has various intrusive thoughts about Steve Stone and Philippe Albert

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 28 7/9:
Rarity: 312
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️🟩🟩

making all the danny cadamarteri noises

also andrew johnson, legally distinct separate entity from ANDY JOHNSON owes me a square back

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 29 7/9:
Rarity: 375
⬜️🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️🟩🟩

had to sacrifice thorgun hazard on dortmund, although it suggests he's not an acceptable answer for chelsea, which is factually and morally wrong

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 30 6/9:
Rarity: 411
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩⬜️🟩

ain't nobody gone from barcelona to watford, that's illegal

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 31 7/9:
Rarity: 329
⬜️⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

burned two separate chances because I have a full mandela effect memory of Gary McAllister playing for Rangers

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 32 4/9:
Rarity: 527
🟩🟩⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️

tbf there are 211 correct answers for spain/madrid but still fully marking out at getting a 0.02% rarity on julen lopetegui

purely because I remember him being a correct answer for barca/madrid a few games back, but still

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 34 5/9:
Rarity: 629
⬜️🟩⬜️
⬜️🟩⬜️
🟩🟩🟩

stupid garbagemen who I definitely remember playing for fulham but never did:
damarcus beasley, landon donovan, claudio reyna

somehow it was all of the other ones and they were all bad

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 35 9/9:
Rarity: 418
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

mum I did it, I got all the answers on one that didn't require me to require to name the 1995 Everton cup winning team from memory

trem_two posted:

I screwed myself today trying to get cute for rarity points for a Napoli player with 10+ goals by going with Lavezzi who somehow never actually did that

would it disgust you to know that Diego Maradona was an 8% answer?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 36 4/9:
Rarity: 695
🟩⬜️🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️🟩

just aggressively mashing hakan sukur into various squares and now I'm banned from turkey

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 37 1/9:
Rarity: 801
⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️⬜️
Play at:
https://www.immaculatefooty.com
@immaculatefooty x @fbref

lol lmao and so on and so on

threw youri djorkaeff in as an absolute hail mary and got a 1%

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

also for anyone who's late to it, you can now go back and do old ones, so everyone can experience the full hot bullshit that is barca/england on #3

gary lineker was the only english man to play for barca and he's not included in the game, good luck

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 38 7/9:
Rarity: 362
🟩🟩⬜️
⬜️🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 39 7/9:
Rarity: 428
⬜️🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜️

apparently Ruel Fox got made manager of Monserrat and then promptly redeclared for them and called himself up despite being retired and a manager, so at least I guess I have that in the loving pocket if Spurs/Montserrat ever comes up

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 40 3/9:
Rarity: 669
🟩⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️🟩⬜️

apparently the trick for any italian question is just to put christian vieri who deliberately played for all of the teams, as a joke

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 41 6/9:
Rarity: 482
🟩🟩⬜️
🟩🟩⬜️
🟩⬜️🟩

switzerland isn't real

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 42 9/9:
Rarity: 320
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

no I definitely didn't just spam croatian players in against zagreb on the assumption that they all went through there at some point

shut up blegum posted:

Anyway, only know like 1 Swiss player and he didn't fit in any category. So welp.

hmm

do you know any albanians

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 43 3/9:
Rarity: 658
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️

just mashing in portugeezers because one of them must have come from there

turns out the only Portuguese player we signed from Benfica was Bebe

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 44 9/9:
Rarity: 88
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

julen lopetegui at 0.08% continuing to reap rewards for barca/madrid questions, like that dude who memorised the entire french dictionary so he could win french scrabble without having to know anything about french

garrido, pistone, petit and (weirdly) anelka also doing some heavy lifting, with a notable effort from big franny jeffers

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 45 3/9:
Rarity: 749
⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩⬜️⬜️

welp

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 46 7/9:
Rarity: 585
⬜️⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

zero idea who played for anderlecht (please do not misconstrue me as a belgeknower) but just mash belges in there and you've got like a 50% chance

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 47 7/9:
Rarity: 410
🟩⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️🟩🟩
Play at:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 48 7/9:
Rarity: 407
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️🟩

turns out that paul dickov is another one you can whip out for about a hundred different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

⚽️ Immaculate Footy 52 5/9:
Rarity: 516
⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩🟩🟩
⬜️🟩🟩

whatsamatter udinese

powerful rememberings of the time spurs signed edgar davids