Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Unless posted:

my camp’s schedule

can’t make it this year for the other city I help run

edit:

Day 1 - The Global Community
Day 2 - Creating Impact
Day 3 - Sustainability

Welcome to Davos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I worked with a lady that was the kind of person you would only wish good things for and this festival made her happier than anything else in the world so I am glad that it exists for her, a wonderful person and only her not for a couple of EVE goons

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

my morning movement is usually more like 7:15

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkiPRxFztVQ

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Vox Nihili posted:

Day 2 - Creating Impact
Day 3 - Sustainability

Welcome to Davos

burning man is kinda like Davos but for people who like lsd a lot

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

say hi to grover for me

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/1166546248133988358

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/1566252533470834688

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
assassin's creed: burning man

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this year I will be destroying burning man with a moab

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

not to yuck anyone’s yum, but yuck

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
anybody know where the ballsack inflation tent is

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
my cousin went to one of these and it turned him into a bitcoin guy. be careful op

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Unless posted:

my camp’s schedule

how are you supposed to make it to these boring sessions? aren't you supposed to be on drugs the whole time?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
thank you for the invite to burning man but no, i get buttfucked by the rich enough at work

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I heard the parties were cool

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stereotype posted:

Hello! Welcome to reading this thread, idiot. Your funeral.

what made you want to go to the lame computer toucher dorm room party?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Red Baron posted:

I thought this was co-opted by people with more money than sense long ago and has been only a shell of whatever past glories it might have had for years if not decades now?

also underwater rn too?

this is what my highschool art teacher said 15 years ago... Maybe they fixed it by now?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Stereotype posted:

the worst decision i've made so far is making this thread btw

Goons hate anything fun

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lacrosse posted:

Goons hate anything fun

yeah jeez apparently. well i for one love fun, and am going to have fun

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Stereotype posted:

yeah jeez apparently. well i for one love fun, and am going to have fun

post the orgy tent

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
I can't beleive the Investment Company that owns everything is just the capitol of Burning Man.

Black Rock was the burning mans all along.

really makes u think

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

NeonPunk posted:

Isn't the entire place all flooded and muddy because of Hilary?

Dang she will stop at nothing to gently caress with goonfleet members.

Stereotype posted:

the real answer is zero blowjobs and around a thousand dollars for plane and event tickets, and food

Zero blowjobs yet.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
at my gate headed to Reno!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I support you in this op. Even if it’s total wall to wall dogshit, it’ll probably be funny. It’s good to have experiences

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Lacrosse posted:

Goons hate anything fun

i love fun, its other people having fun that i hate

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

here early, ama

all the water evaporated but now everybody is three days behind schedule, whatev. it's not as hot as last year.

bm has a ton of stereotypes, but it's really a huge mix of people: billionaires to burnouts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

stereotype, how would I ask for you? I'm sure as poo poo not stumbling into a random camp and asking the stairs question to everyone

also, will you have internet to post on?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

theflyingexecutive posted:

here early, ama

all the water evaporated but now everybody is three days behind schedule, whatev. it's not as hot as last year.

bm has a ton of stereotypes, but it's really a huge mix of people: billionaires to burnouts

What’s the most memorable thing you’ve seen so far?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Real Mean Queen posted:

What’s the most memorable thing you’ve seen so far?

this year? a raven walking down the road. seeing non-bug desert animals is a treat. saw a couple of shrews last year

oh and an army tandem doing lazy circles overhead

only been here ~36 hours tho. I'll have plenty more stories soon

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 26, 2023

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

this is exactly who everyone expects to be Burning Man though

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

stereotype, how would I ask for you? I'm sure as poo poo not stumbling into a random camp and asking the stairs question to everyone

also, will you have internet to post on?

I’m in SFO for the next 1.5 hours until my flight to Reno! I doubt I’ll get internet there, it’s in the middle of the desert! I heard maybe from certain spots?

but my camp is *cats at 3:20 and esplanade (it’s part of the hive). we have a “blinky dome” and a “dragon egg” so just wander into a camp that fits that description and start asking who has stairs in their house!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Real Mean Queen posted:

I support you in this op. Even if it’s total wall to wall dogshit, it’ll probably be funny. It’s good to have experiences

as long as I don’t die I will consider it a success.

I also want to meet and fall in love with someone and also have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates my consciousness to a higher state. also maybe take some cool photos.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Real Mean Queen posted:

This is interesting, is it like a clock face/concentric circle deal for addresses? Like the number is your direction from the center and then the second thing is how far out from the center?

Any bike plans? It used to be that you could tell burning man had just ended because there would be these horrible, dust-choked bikes just sort of strewn around in town here

oh I never responded to you!

yeah you nailed it. super easy. stuff seems like it’s from like 230 to 930, and then the streets go up to J maybe? man at the middle, temple at 12. you can find a map online if you google it.

I got a bike for free and united will let you check it for free! I’m gonna try and stash it in the container for my camp so I don’t have to lug it back, because dragging a 60lb 5ft long 3.5ft high box around so far has been difficult.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Made it to Reno!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Twigand Berries posted:

I worked with a lady that was the kind of person you would only wish good things for and this festival made her happier than anything else in the world so I am glad that it exists for her, a wonderful person and only her not for a couple of EVE goons

Sup delta

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
delta sqad

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
is elon there

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Stereotype posted:

I’m in SFO for the next 1.5 hours until my flight to Reno! I doubt I’ll get internet there, it’s in the middle of the desert! I heard maybe from certain spots?

but my camp is *cats at 3:20 and esplanade (it’s part of the hive). we have a “blinky dome” and a “dragon egg” so just wander into a camp that fits that description and start asking who has stairs in their house!

i haven't done a lot of flying but i had a layover in SFO at some disconnected terminal and i was bored out of my mind but then i saw a youtube celebrity and said hi to them so i guess it was fine.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Too Many Birds posted:

i haven't done a lot of flying but i had a layover in SFO at some disconnected terminal and i was bored out of my mind but then i saw a youtube celebrity and said hi to them so i guess it was fine.
i used to work at SFO for like 9 months and it sucked rear end

even going there every day, i'd still find myself horribly lost sometimes and takes forever to get anywhere

idk why we even need TSA, airports are so confusing that terrorists will just give up not being able to find their plane and bomb the nearest lounge instead

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Stereotype posted:

stuff seems like it’s from like 230 to 930, and then the streets go up to J maybe?.

2-10 and esplanade to K. all the lettered streets are named after fictional animals this year, so like C is Chupacabra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Day 2 - Creating Impact
Day 3 - Sustainability

Welcome to Davos

nah, bwb does a ton of direct action aid for the most vulnerable groups, but at the burn they also have to attract some of the money flying around