Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

let us know when they burn the man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

burning man should be illegal

they're supposed to burn him! he's their man!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

means testing discounted tickets to burning man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

buying a ticket to burning man for $1400 and nodding to myself, i did something really good today

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

This watch... this could have been 4 more tickets to Burning Man. This ring could have been an e-scooter covered in pipe cleaners and LEDs!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weed Wolf posted:

54% of burning man attendees in 2022 made over 75k a year.
40% in 2022 made over 100k a year

looks like some of the posters itt have a little growing up to do when it comes to assuming how much money the average burning man attendee has, smdh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Getting pregnant at Burning Man then trying to track down the father

second act twist is that it turns out the baby is a Twins style amalgam of like 12 silicon valley guys

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's not means tested and you don't have to prove hardship or income, you just apply early and indicate you'd like to receive discounted tix. tix also get allocated to trusted groups to distribute to people who miss the deadline or otherwise don't have access to apply. anecdotally, there's low level of fraud because most people here are trustworthy and they also inspect your car at the gate to see if you're using a low income ticket but bringing a $1600 tent and an ebike and poo poo like that

prices are high because of the large amount of infrastructure needed (toilets, etc) and because of the millions of dollars charged by the blm for the yearly permit

thank you for your thoughtful reply to my post
but i feel otherwise so i really don't care

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol, all art at burning man has to clear safety engineering analysis, even down to the art cars and must be rated for 100mph gusts on all shear axes at load. the ibcs are lashed together externally with metal

artists here are aware of wind and that people will climb an obviously climbable structure.

this gently caress dome is uncollapsible, god himself couldn't collapse it!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Theater Adult Summer Camp

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

artists love Ayn Rand

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gotta lot of work to do striking but if you're interested at all in bm, come out.

uhhh no thanks dude I don't think anyone's interested in ur bm lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it also isn't unusual for upper-class art to be extremely informed and influenced by whoever the ruling class is, and the whole "xxx is all CIA ops" stuff tends to be done by people looking ofr an excuse to dismiss genres of art they don't really like in the first place

well if the art didn't suck why would the CIA need to fund it to make it popular then bitch

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

white people take their performance art too far and end up doing a genocide, smdh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the soviets and the CIA were both right about one thing: all artists are gay

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

External Organs posted:

This thread is a burning man construct right now, makes you think.

it has not been inspected for safety by an engineer

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

y'all burning that man? that's all right, just keep it down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mods please goldmine before this thread turns into the epic cspam burns megathread

it's already a burn megathread my dude