Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/SFGate/status/1697999007182676336

Uh so how you doing out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

Folks, the article is breathless and ridiculous.
As someone who is not there, but who has been there four times and run build lead for my camp...

Rain is not unheard of. It's probably pretty muddy and less fun than it normally would be.

Nobody is starving or dying of dehydration, and there is no danger of that. Most camps (and many people) have a huge surplus of supplies. Last time I was there, I drove out with a few dozen cans of sparkling water that I just didn't get to hand out.

There are PLENTY of supplies.

The worst thing that could happen is that somebody has a medical emergency and are unable to be evacuated until Monday/Tuesday.

Technical Co-founder of Thumbtack. Former PM at Stack Exchange

E:fb I guess

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Seems like there are easier ways to see filthy programmers, like turning off your monitor

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

I am unconvinced

*A pile of run over climate protestors. The smell of human skin burning. Vehicles, tents, and people mired in bougie trail of tears*

I'm having a fantastic time. My food stores will last at least a few days!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

of two minds that Al! is single-handedly turning this thread into yet another Cspam chat thread, when ppl were posting bodies beforehand. Maybe good?

do we have any more survivors

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al! posted:

BECAUSE A COUPLE OF PEOPLE DIDNT MAKE IT!?!?

This music festival has a very low fatality rate, ok

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

When you spend thousands of dollars to poo poo in mud

https://i.imgur.com/9vwx0DA.mp4

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The official site is very funny.

2023 Wet Playa Survival Guide

quote:

The weather forecast indicates potential rainfall overnight Saturday 9/2 into early Sunday 9/3. This adds to an already saturated playa.

quote:

We do not currently have an estimated time for the roads to be dry enough for RVs or vehicles to navigate safely. Monday late in the day would be possible if weather conditions are in our favor. We will let you know. It could be sooner, and it could be later.

quote:

Pro tip: If you have to walk around, cover your shoes with a pair of socks — it will help prevent the playa mud from sticking to your shoes.

quote:

Hotel rooms in Gerlach are full, and moving to Reno is your best option for a good night’s sleep if you choose to leave the playa.

Trying to decide if "this adds to an already saturated playa" or "moving to Reno is the best chance for a good night's sleep" is better.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

They're dropping places where you can use a your phone for a couple hrs so basically the same

Saw this on the GBS burning man thread

https://twitter.com/TheMan2Day/status/1698262737271279984

Good news, there's some music

Bad news, the night is coming and so is lord of the flies

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Stereotype posted:

got super drunk last night and had lots of fun. doesn’t seem like it’s gonna rain any more

shut up you wet bitch

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Diplo has broken quarantine. Repeat, Diplo has broken quarantine.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

p much never. one person died last year from some fucker's generator exhausting into their tent. I've heard 1-3 people have died this year from trying to run generators in standing water. I can't personally remember the last death from od. camps are stocked to the gills with narcan and the city has a very effective medical team.

anyways, spent the whole day tramping the mud to check that people were warm, dry, fed, and watered from our camp's extra provisions and brought two people who were stuck in the mud into my housing. we'll see how things have actually shaken out now that it's 50 degrees but it should be dry enough for people with two wheel drive to get out.

we're all taking care of each other here

feels like there's alot better places to have a trip honestly

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

structural analysis is badass. and youve got more experience with loads than me bitch

dropping load facts

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

anyways flyingexecutive do you feel like the thousands of dollars you spent to be in a natural disaster was worth it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It always seems kinda crazy and amazing when I meet someone who managed to make art their entire money making enterprise. And they always seem to work way harder than me, the amateur art guy who does poo poo after work. My music teacher basically has a dozen jobs which includes teaching, conducting, art pieces etc. It seems like a hard way to make a living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Stereotype posted:

back to civilization! I had a lot of fun. stayed to see the man burn and could see temple burning from the exodus line. seems like everyone posting in this thread is gullible and stupid, not a big surprise really. I’ll probably go again next year

I had a wonderful labor day weekend with my friends partying with cool people by the pool with great drinks and great music. Seems a lot more fun then barely avoiding trenchfoot with the 1 percent.