Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hello! Welcome to reading this thread, idiot. Your funeral.

I am continuing my series of posts about going to The Most Inhospitable Places On Earth! Last time in this series I went to Antarctica, which is cold and has penguins who are angry giant birds who smell like dead fish. Everyone loved it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675525. I've been to antarctica several times, but have not for quite a few years entirely because of Republicans/Conservatives, who are awful. You should be a Communist if you think people going to cool places is important. I posted this in YOSPOS last time, and am posting it in CSPAM this time, so don't make me regret it.

This time I'm going to Burning Man, an anarchistic gathering of artists who build a city in some dead lake managed by the imperial government in order to have fun. I am camping with someone I met on eve online. There is apparently a possibility I will die. Stay tuned!

I'll be at 3:20 and esplanade if anyone else is going and wants to say hello to me. I leave on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the worst decision i've made so far is making this thread btw

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
oh also if you want to talk about how awful it is for the environment to set a bunch of stuff on fire, you'd probably love the Biosphere Collapse thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979579

don't talk about that here, because no one cares. we are hosed. deal with it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

NeonPunk posted:

Isn't the entire place all flooded and muddy because of Hilary?

apparently the "ancient" lake was a suggestion and it is also a contemporary lake as well. I'll let everyone know when i get there on saturday, or possibly a week from then because there aren't any working cellphone towers there (federal government is lazy and incompetent)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

John Charity Spring posted:

are you going to visit the orgy dome

if you are please don't tell us about it

I wasn't going to but now I will and also will be super loquacious about what happens

Red Baron posted:

I thought this was co-opted by people with more money than sense long ago and has been only a shell of whatever past glories it might have had for years if not decades now?

also underwater rn too?

I heard that too but also I've heard the opposite of that. This year there are lots of tickets available, so it seems that the rich landlord class has decided they dont like it anymore, which means it's cool again

Cuttlefush posted:

shoulda posted this on yospos this time too

it's way more politics related than computer related, which antarctica had at least the pretense of being because i said so. maybe you should post about this is qcs/sad and see what they think,

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
a very cspam thing is that normally relisting burning man tickets is just like concert tickets, except now there are hundreds/thousands of unsold tickets and people are basically giving them away so if you bought a ton to relist them you're just super mega hosed, which is super burning man probably

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cuttlefush posted:

how much are you spending on this

money isn't real. i've given about twelve blowjobs that i would have rather not given, and about 30 that i was cool with

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cuttlefush posted:

answer the question please

the real answer is zero blowjobs and around a thousand dollars for plane and event tickets, and food

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lacrosse posted:

Goons hate anything fun

yeah jeez apparently. well i for one love fun, and am going to have fun

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
at my gate headed to Reno!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

theflyingexecutive posted:

stereotype, how would I ask for you? I'm sure as poo poo not stumbling into a random camp and asking the stairs question to everyone

also, will you have internet to post on?

I’m in SFO for the next 1.5 hours until my flight to Reno! I doubt I’ll get internet there, it’s in the middle of the desert! I heard maybe from certain spots?

but my camp is *cats at 3:20 and esplanade (it’s part of the hive). we have a “blinky dome” and a “dragon egg” so just wander into a camp that fits that description and start asking who has stairs in their house!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Real Mean Queen posted:

I support you in this op. Even if it’s total wall to wall dogshit, it’ll probably be funny. It’s good to have experiences

as long as I don’t die I will consider it a success.

I also want to meet and fall in love with someone and also have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates my consciousness to a higher state. also maybe take some cool photos.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Real Mean Queen posted:

This is interesting, is it like a clock face/concentric circle deal for addresses? Like the number is your direction from the center and then the second thing is how far out from the center?

Any bike plans? It used to be that you could tell burning man had just ended because there would be these horrible, dust-choked bikes just sort of strewn around in town here

oh I never responded to you!

yeah you nailed it. super easy. stuff seems like it’s from like 230 to 930, and then the streets go up to J maybe? man at the middle, temple at 12. you can find a map online if you google it.

I got a bike for free and united will let you check it for free! I’m gonna try and stash it in the container for my camp so I don’t have to lug it back, because dragging a 60lb 5ft long 3.5ft high box around so far has been difficult.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Made it to Reno!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
things going good so far!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

tokin opposition posted:

op was killed and a disassociating sophomore is using their account

nope I’m alive and this is a very cool festival. very happy I’m here!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://i.imgur.com/w4DAbU5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RORknqq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UPduDmy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mjIY6Vc.jpg

so loving cool. not good internet here tho. got windy last night. excited for more

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Captain Jesus posted:

There's literally nothing cool about these pics, what the gently caress? This is some boring poo poo!

yeah photos really don’t capture how amazing it is

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mark immune posted:

2nd most difficult place behind Xi’s uighur concentration camps

the climatologist camp did a talk about how they used the measurements of black rock city to determine some measurement of ground caused object turbidity that is important for doing meteorology models. it’s useful because brc has a lot of similar characteristics to a refugee camp.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
also while there are clearly some camps with just boatloads of cash, most of the people are not rich tech bros. I haven’t actually found any billionaires, tho I heard they have some camps out near 9:00 and G. I imagine they mostly stay over there.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol if it rains

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
team barefoot ftw

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

some photos from twitter

lol it was so much worse than this last night too. it’s pleasant now

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DarkSithLord posted:

I hope you're miserable

I’m actually having a really good time. this is probably the best time I’ve ever had

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

tokin opposition posted:

TFW your LARP of a refugee camp becomes a real refugee camp

I hope the furries grow rich and plump on long pig

so far it seems like everyone is super stoked that it got even crazier and more difficult to live here. honestly these are the real doomsday preppers for real.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

pretty great. it’s super funny seeing how the insane hyper alarmist media is talking about some rain

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
got super drunk last night and had lots of fun. doesn’t seem like it’s gonna rain any more

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lacrosse posted:

The weather is drying out Monday, I don't really see any military intervention needed. The portos on my side of the city even got serviced today so the city isn't overflowing with sewage or anything. My camp planned to strike Sunday so we just had our plans pushed forward a day. We are all overly prepared and provisioned with food and water so it hasn't been much more than a mild annoyance for the people near me at least.

I did see a reddit post of some billionaire trying to get helicoptered out. Don't think he'll have any luck with that as the airport is closed.

I’m pretty sure I saw a helicopter picking someone up yesterday lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I think I understand why people think cspam posters are a bunch of unhinged psychos who only want to believe the worst possible things and then get really passionately defiant when it turns out the reality is just sort of normal and fine.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

Stereotype you still alive?

yeah I’m just camping with friends in a super cool place with amazing art and music. it’s a great time. gonna go home tomorrow

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

How many died last night?

none probably? people got real serious about electricity after hearing about the death. plus no art cars or bikes were out cuz of the mud.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
so what I’ve learned from this thread is that burning man makes people not at burning man go completely insane and turn into fanatical bloodthirsty monsters.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
back to civilization! I had a lot of fun. stayed to see the man burn and could see temple burning from the exodus line. seems like everyone posting in this thread is gullible and stupid, not a big surprise really. I’ll probably go again next year

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I’m in a car in line for McDonald’s but I’ll post pics later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
hey who changed my avatar