Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

I'm having a good time hanging out with my camp. Everything is fine with us, but there was someone in a neighboring camp who got electrocuted and died trying to operate a generator sitting in a puddle.

:dogstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

actually lolling at permabanned sa posters convincing the festering corpse of twitter that ebola is spreading at burning man

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tristeham posted:

ban this loving freak

yeah it's queued

speng31b
May 8, 2010

if anyone is feeling like live blogging anymore corpses from burning man please do not

speng31b
May 8, 2010

RadiRoot posted:

if you cant discern a dude obviously bathing in water on the ground then get off the internet

it was this wierdo btw

No dude the picture I edited out was not that guy. I'm not going to repost it for obvious reasons but I sent a copy to the admins. It was a woman, the post I edited out even said "she." I know you want to defend your posting buddies or whatever but uhhh this ain't it

speng31b fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 3, 2023

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I suspect / hope it was not an actual corpse but as I mentioned, even so, wtf. Anyways please don't liveblog corpses or pretend to liveblog corpses as a bit.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao the news is spreading

epic permad guy ftw?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

lmao a phoenix making GBS threads its guts out and bleeding out of every orifice.

that's how you get reborn dumbass

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Diplo and Chris Rock broke containment!

you know what must be done

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

nope its definitely ebola. the cdc verified

yeah i heard that too...

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

ebola is no joke

that's right, and will be saving this for a special occasion

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Can't report this, but this joker is using his star to spread fake news

I think we all know where you're going with this so I saved you some time

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

was that the actual picture utz posted? seems like it'd be very hard to confuse any of those with maybe a corpse. should be gone for icky weird posting in general but lol if it was actually one of those pictures

yeah it was the one captioned "A Burning Man attendee lies down in the mud and water at the event on Saturday." As I said I was pretty sure it wasn't a real corpse, but at the time (and still) i can't find that actual image using reverse GIS, and whatever search results I put into regular GIS weren't finding it either. Guess the joke worked perfectly

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

lol... bit of an overreaction. that's clearly someone chillin and not a corpse. couldn't even be placed in that peaceful repose because there's big ripple in the water

i mean im glad utz wont be posting for a while because they're a freak for many other reasons but lmao... that's clearly just someone lyin in the mud. there's a ripple!

yeah in retrospect I'm certainly glad it is not a real corpse, it seemed pretty unlikely to me at the time but I couldn't find it on reverse GIS or any basic keyword searches. It may have been an overreaction but I'm glad it turned out to be just a gross bit regardless.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

well i for one am going to be forever haunted by the foot thing utz said because when i reverse image searched that image the only matches were two different links to wikifeet which i will not click and i do not understand how they are linked or why utz apparently knew of such a connection

lol yeah I also saw the feet links on reverse GIS last night and had a wtf moment.

anyways, I asked vyelkin to decide if they want to reduce the punishment since there's proof it was just a gross bit.

personally i think you shouldn't pretend to live blog corpses from burning man to the forums or even pretend to live blog about the feet of passed out strangers to the forums as a bit, but i can't speak for everyone.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

were you thirsty for that goons demise? if so that is against the rules you know

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I am not thirsty for Lacrosse's demise

not hungry either i assume

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Omg rip

speng31b
May 8, 2010

its for burning man not melting down smdh

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

face off remake starring steve harvey and jim carrey

concerning

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

how many cspam goons are at burning man? 3?

don't you read yospos i assumed more of those goons would be the type

speng31b
May 8, 2010

which one are you

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

me and all the valley vc guys out here at the ancom festival

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

they think thats good lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

It's the cops fining people, not the org.

they fined you at burning man but never hated them. said thank you for your service

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

the timbers burn away to reveal a sculpture of a black sun

the swastika burning off the crate carrying the ark in raiders but in reverse

speng31b
May 8, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

everybody's got a niche

you got ebola in your niche smdh

speng31b
May 8, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

nah, people actually take pride in volunteering. not everyone is doing it for the tickets

some people are doing it as part of the culture fit test to get their next round of vc funding

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DarkSithLord posted:

it's an honor to literally get buttfucked by peter thiel

yeah "the culture" is what thiel calls his penis

speng31b posted:

some people are doing it as part of the culture fit test to get their next round of vc funding

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I've wondered how many murders happen at Burning Man and similarly remote conventions.

It would be fairly simple in regards to loving with someone's drugs in a way that no one would notice until it was too late. They crash and don't wake up, stash them where it looks like they're sleeping, perfect murder.

The idle rich seem like they'd engage in that kind of thing.

No real reason.

seems like you've given this some thought

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Platystemon posted:

You’ve got to source your quotes.

Mods couldn’t even tell that this woman literally just flopped into the water, making ripples. Her hair is still mostly dry.

In retrospect I should have made it more clear that it was nearly for certain not an actual dead person, it was more for the posts pretending that it might be and because I couldn't source the image using reverse GIS at the time so it might have been a photo someone personally took of a random stranger. All I had to go off was the super low view count imgur post. When the image source was found the next day I asked vyelkin to reduce it a little but it was still a hell of a weird post.

speng31b fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 4, 2023

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Wolfy posted:

https://twitter.com/grovernorquist/status/1698191440852250775

looks like our buddy went to the ancom festy again this year

Lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

bro this isn't some trashy music festival we've got grover norquist here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

went to burning man and all i got was my butt hole pozzd with grover norquists marburg aidsbola