Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

:catstare: this thread isn't a bit???

just go like, read any yospos thread, same vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol

How are these 2 specific cspam goons at burning man lmao how is this real. The IK of the climate change thread and a notorious covid thread former ik are both at the biggest techbro libertarian party in the usa lmao there are pictures lmao

The hypocrisy

lol thats hella funny

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol yeah this burning man stuff just made me think of davos too, these yospos guys are hella funny

https://globalnews.ca/news/4876641/world-economic-forum-refugee-simulation/amp/

quote:

‘They need to feel it to get it’: World Economic Forum attendees can spend ‘a day in the life of a refugee’

For the past 10 years, attendees of the World Economic Forum have had the option to take part in a simulation that attempts to recreate the refugee experience in 75 minutes.

The Crossroads Foundation has hosted A Day in the Life of a Refugee at the World Economic Forum in Davos since 2009, and 2019 is no exception. The program involves a cast and crew of volunteers comprised entirely of former refugees to recreate for the participants the experience of displaced people.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmao low-income ticket fraud inspectors

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
drat i guess these goons must be trapped there with no cell service. maybe they can barter for some sat phone time?

:rip:

https://twitter.com/MSN/status/1697978313849934242?s=20

quote:

BLACK ROCK CITY, Nevada — More than 73,000 Burning Man attendees remain confined to their camps Saturday and are blocked from leaving the event after a slow-moving rainstorm turned their desert playground into a soupy, muddy morass.

Organizers banned vehicle traffic from the roads Friday afternoon and kept the exit gates closed as of 5 a.m. Saturday. Even walking was treacherous as thick, slimy mud clung to shoes and anything else it touched.

Organizers warned attendees to conserve their food and water, indicating the closures could be lengthy.

Cell phone service is virtually nonexistent at the event, and only a few people have access to satellite Internet for updates.

Dawn revealed puddled water and ruts in the streets, which are just delineated routes along the ordinarily rock-hard desert floor. More rain was expected through Sunday, along with whiteouts, event organizers said.

“No driving is permitted on playa except for emergency vehicles,” event organizers said in a 5 a.m. statement. “If you are in (Black Rock City), please shelter in place and stay safe.”

They added separately: “If you are in BRC, conserve food and water, shelter in a warm space.”

The road closures appeared to have forced a halt to cleaning and servicing of the thousands of portable toilets used by attendees who spent Friday night huddled in muddy tents and RVs as the temperature dropped to into the low 50s.

The conditions immediately drew comparisons to the 2017 Fyre Festival, an ill-fated party in the Bahamas subject of multiple documentaries.

The muddy Burning Man conditions also forced the small airport serving the event to halt operations. While most attendees drive to the event in rural northern Nevada, commercial flights from Reno or California are available for those willing to pay.

The poor weather came just as attendance and activities were beginning to peak, and forced to the cancellation of multiple large scale art burns Friday night.

On Saturday night attendees are supposed to watch the Man effigy that looms over the encampment burn and explode with fireworks, followed Sunday by the burning of the Temple of the Heart.

The event officially ends Monday in a mass departure known as Exodus.

Before the event officially started Aug. 27, organizers closed the gates to early arrivals for several days after the remnants of Hurricane Hillary swamped the area.

Burning Man attendees are expected to be completely self-sufficient for the duration of their stay, bringing in all the food, water and shelter they need.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1698065949155344706?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's... an exact description of the biosphere thread you posted. A thread designed not to inform or inspire, but to tell people it's too late and to do nothing because there is nothing to be done. Christ you're a despicable human being. Exactly the loving horrible freak I thought you were. Like sometimes you wonder if that person is as bad as you think they are. Maybe something has biased me against them? Nope you're a dumb piece of poo poo. Please, don't fall over and drown in the mud.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

attending a ukranian propaganda event with official Nike pavilions, alongside Nestle corporate attorneys in propeller beanies thirsty to be made supreme court justices, I say, "haters gonna hate"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

the official line is that people shouldn't try driving out because it's very easy to get stuck in mud pits and gently caress yourself when medevacs aren't possible. the cops don't give a gently caress about that

lmao at cspammers losing their poo poo over a festival that actually tries to be ancom when literally every other music festival in the country is a for profit cash grab with gated experiences baked in

ancom?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lumpentroll posted:

they think thats good lol

interesting, between this and the yospos guy that wanted to murder his maid for stealing a few hundo. paints an interesting picture thats for sure.

:yosbutt:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

yeah that was cringe and factually wrong.

you can also do 16 hours of volunteer shifts for a ticket, which works out to ~$40/hr

aw frig aw dang it posted:

you work 16 hours, waddaya get
another day stranded and increasingly wet

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

before you get that raver pussy:

after you get that raver pussy:

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

my camp got an official reprimand for leaving behind three pistachio shells and a couple stands of plastic fiber (from a tarp that had shredded)

someone please find me a cleaner gathering of 80,000 people, because most of them look like this

lol

quote:

One of those businesses was Whole Foods, where Burner Joel Remland brought the trash from his campsite. Off-loading 20 large bags of garbage and recycling, the New York resident says littering goes against the Burning Man ethos.

"We spent maybe a half-hour, 4o minutes, with a rake scraping every square inch of the space we were camping on," Remland said, "pulling up hair fibers [and] the smallest imaginable piece of junk, to make sure we've done our part. So, while the Burning Man community, at large, takes it very seriously, when you get 80,000 people, there's bound to be some stray things falling off here and there, but my sense is that everyone takes it quite seriously."

But, as Remland mentioned, it's not uncommon for unsecured trash to be left on the side of the road.

On Highway 447, which runs between I-80 at Wadsworth and Gerlach, right off the playa, there was some form of trash every mile or so just after the event ended. Most of it appeared to have blown off of people's vehicles. Many of the garbage bags were intact, but several had been run over, scattering cans and plastic bottles everywhere.

Another few miles down the road, there was an electric message sign that flashed, "No Dumping Allowed," but mere feet away sat a big ol' pile of trash.

This trash along the highway has become such an issue for some that, in recent years, people have begun setting up dumpsters on the side of the road.

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

hey who changed my avatar

lol