Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Now this is going to be a funny thread.

Goonspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

fits my needs posted:

drat i guess these goons must be trapped there with no cell service. maybe they can barter for some sat phone time?

:rip:

https://twitter.com/MSN/status/1697978313849934242?s=20

Thread delivers beyond my wildest of dreams. Stay safe goons, but also lol, lmao.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

My God, and I thought it couldn't get better.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

a.lo posted:

hiking through the mud does suck. but if you can make it on foot to a main road in two hours you're not all that "stranded" are you?

Seriously, this has to be thread of the year. So dumb it has turned into amazing

I just wanna be here when the calls of "goldmine" ring out.

Stereotype posted:

so what I’ve learned from this thread is that burning man makes people not at burning man go completely insane and turn into fanatical bloodthirsty monsters.

No way, I want you, LaCrosse and theflyingexecutice to be safe and give us a trip report with photos as soon as you are out of there and have a chance to upload a bunch of photos. I'm just loving the absurdity of the whole situation. Goonspeed.

Joey Steel fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 3, 2023

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Not So Fast posted:

grover's gulch

Lmao.

Sorry Stereotype et al, seems like your sweet event is well and truly enshittified.

Time to pull up stakes and make a new event that these freaks won't cotton onto for a decade and change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Its actually totally fine to go to Burning Man if that's your jam.

Most of the burny types I used to know were super inclusive, creative, and kind individuals with varied interests.

I dont think these folks think their "thing" has been ruined or totally co-opted because someone with a bigger net worth dared exist outside of their $7000/mo apartment.

Its literally just a festival at this point, and has been just that for decades.

- a good take from the GBS thread.