Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also most of those kooky art folks have always been right wing rugged individualist types. That's really the thing with hippies, that whole philosophy is about believing yourself to be some flavor of magical ubermensch.

IDK what it is with artists but I have met more insane right wing libertarians among artists than any just about any other group of people. Nearly all my art teachers in school were conservative and anti union, lol

I guess when you think about it, lampreys would probably give us some impassioned defenses of sharks if we gave them the opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

sitchensis posted:

ah so pollack was a CIA op

Do you have a better explanation for Pollock's success?

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it also isn't unusual for upper-class art to be extremely informed and influenced by whoever the ruling class is, and the whole "xxx is all CIA ops" stuff tends to be done by people looking ofr an excuse to dismiss genres of art they don't really like in the first place

Okay, agent Villeneuve

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Gumball Gumption posted:

Apparently burners just drop all the trash they take out on the nearest town. https://www.kunr.org/nevada-california/2019-09-06/trash-and-burn-the-mess-after-burning-man

quote:

Athena Lamebull and her husband Gordon, run one of the sites. They have nine, 40-foot dumpsters, and for five bucks a bag, Burners can leave their trash with them. But, she said a lot of trash is left behind.

"I still see a lot of trash going through, even when we're done, I still see a lot of it," Lamebull said. "Some people, even when they leave here, they just throw it off the road. They don't want to pay, so they just throw if off the road."

Case in point, a large RV sits in front of several of Lamebull's dumpsters. She says it was abandoned a few days earlier, and she's likely going to have to call someone to tow it away.

dumping my used condoms and rotten cous cous on the side of the interstate because paying forty dollars to the garbage people was too much to ask