Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
The Guardian newspaper told me that coining new words and phrases is just crushi (a versatile word that can mean crucial or cruiseship depending on context). I'm not all that clever but maybe to can add to a few of mine...

Ikea-ing: when you had all the components of a solid plan but irrevocably mess it up anyways. e.g. 'I took Sarah out for dinner & a movie. Brought flowers too. Somehow I Ikea'd it and we ended up running away from angry bikers we tried to sell bad NFTs.'.

Pecking the Rooster: to play someone else's game in the hopes it will confuse them to your advantage e.g. 'I told my anti-masker BiL that I wear one to protect me from the government surveillance vans, and he put his on'.

Jax Tax: the person providing the system to play on gets to be Jax in Mortal Combat e.g. 'That's how it stacks, Max; it's the Jax Tax'.

Paisley Dress Job: workplace where you can show up in a paisley dress, male or female, and not raise any eyebrows e.g. 'I completely ignored the boss's instructions but they didn't care as long as the client was satisfied. This is a total paisley dress job.'.

Burgher King: (from the German Bürger Koenig) someone cool who is like the king or queen of your small town, or acts in an urbanely noblesse oblige way like dropping off a big Burger King breakfast at your place when you're hungover.

#ThereWillBeOldMen: used to remind people that Barbieheimer isn't the first or only double feature of nice films that came out around the same time.

Grand Duncery: when your oopsie-daisey costs over $5000 worth of damage

#Burger Ingredients and Preparation: when you can make something seem more palatable or even refined by listing things piece by piece e.g. 'Okay so you don't want to eat a burger because that's unhealthy, but how about we get grill USDA beef ground with spices, drizzle with a sauce based on eggs and sunflower oil, add various diced and chopped vegetables, and plate it between toasted sesame buns? That's what I thought!'.

Patroniser of the Arts: someone who habitually decides stuff other people esteem and enjoy.

Arts of the Patrón: resulting from confidence and disinhibition that seems to come from (although might not actually be due to) downing smooth reposado e.g. 'Kyle kept cornering Jake by the keg to talk about how Rick & Morty is the pinnacle of the medium. Then he tried playing Wonderwall on an untuned acoustic and we had to throw him out. Was it that bad? No he wasnt drunk but it was a real Arts of the Patrón situation.'.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

hyperlope: a high tech version of a jackalope, i.e., any fantastical magic tech solution to a problem with obvious well-known answers that combines two things that don't naturally go together, for example a high speed train and a vacuum tunnel

ty nesamdoom!

Jaguars!

Malstagflation: The feeling of world weariness that comes from treading water while prices rise.