Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Been a while since I got chudgirl'd :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

More :siren::nws::nws::nws::siren:

https://i.imgur.com/ERhFxbu.jpg

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 26, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Probably NWS

https://i.imgur.com/JdiVixq.jpg

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbapYZSjdp0

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

lol these are all 404'ed.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Oh poo poo buddy I gotta dig a lil deeper

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sacrilege. Please do not sully the pig’s blessed balls.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

I cast reduce trump

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Croccers posted:

Oh for gently caress.......

E: I checked on my phone and got 404'd but on my laptop they were fine.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 26, 2023

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Croccers posted:

Imgur’s started cracking down on horny and gross.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

I do not like this rebranding of the Guam flag

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Cartoon Man posted:

Imgur’s started cracking down on horny and gross.

I tried on my phone and they didn't work (don't have the SA App if that makes a difference) but they did work on my laptop.

Fake edit:
Just confirmed they all still do on laptop.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/fA4gEps.mp4

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

Grey Cat posted:

Look at who's playing 4D chess over here, I never thought to replace Trump with Trump.

OK if you say so, I guess

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Oh I hate it.
It's good.

Jemak posted:

OK if you say so, I guess

It was a genuine comment.
There's almost enough garfield and friends to do the entire lineup.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

HEEEERRREEEESSS DONALD!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

Grey Cat posted:

It was a genuine comment.

Oh thank you, I didn't mean to be defensive. I've been here for too drat long.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Blitter posted:

https://i.imgur.com/8VyCwF8.mp4
Ready to fight for the STOLLEN ELECTIONS or just outta frame jerkin' SWOLLEN ERRECTIONS?

https://i.imgur.com/lO2k928.mp4

:barf:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Made me think of--

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Something Awful and the golden age of Photoshop Phridays is basically the entire reason I took on image editing as a hobby back in the early 2000s. I've done hundreds of em around here over the past two-plus decades. One of the things I realized early on when it comes to Photoshopping is that stylistically there are as many approaches as there are to telling a joke. Are you going broad or subtle? Are you using text? If you're going w a pop-culture reference, do you go for low-hanging fruit (less inventive, maybe wider appeal) or some deep cut (maybe funnier, maybe lose some viewers)? Is "put [A] into [B]" enough to tell the joke? Just like details can bog down a joke told in person, sometimes other visual elements (even if they're funny) can hurt more than help, distracting the viewer and diffusing(?) the joke's impact.

When you're dealing with a bad source image, you have several options (listed in general order of my personal preference):

1) You can doll it up as best you can and get it looking good enough that it doesn't distract from whatever joke you're trying to tell.
2) You can sometimes dial down the quality of other elements to match the worst one. There are a number of ways to do this; sometimes you can get there by pulling everything out of normal context, using filters or other tricks to make it into an oil painting, a low-res video game or something, masking the drop in overall quality by making the joke about something else.
3) You can lean into it and make the bad image quality part of the joke; this can work really well if you have a good enough idea.
4) You can go in a different direction altogether and reduce reliance on the image's quality. The most obvious example is animation, a great tool for taking attention away from the image itself and placing it on whatever the image is doing.

I'm writing this out because I'm so pissed about the quality of the Trump mugshot pic. The skin tone is weird even for Trump, the resolution sucks, the lighting is a pain in the rear end, the whole thing just screams you can gently caress with adjustments all you want pal, it's still gonna look like poo poo. When I do jokes for SA I typically go for as much photorealism as I possibly can, and this pic has just sucked the motivation right out of me. It's like if I needed one more reason to hate this loving guy, that's the cherry on top. Fuckin rear end in a top hat can't even take a decent picture sitting still in front of a camera three feet away from him. :mad: :mad: :mad:

rivetz fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 27, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Alas jail cameras are notoriously cheap because they just need the bare minimum quality to identify somebody. The rest of their budget can then be spent on prisoner care suppliesgiving bonuses to wardens.

I swear some jails use a Game Boy camera.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The lighting on all nineteen of those mugshot pics was really lovely.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

rivetz posted:

Something Awful and the golden age of Photoshop Phridays is basically the entire reason I took on image editing as a hobby back in the early 2000s. I've done hundreds of em around here over the past two-plus decades. One of the things I realized early on when it comes to Photoshopping is that stylistically there are as many approaches as there are to telling a joke. Are you going broad or subtle? Are you using text? If you're going w a pop-culture reference, do you go for low-hanging fruit (less inventive, maybe wider appeal) or some deep cut (maybe funnier, maybe lose some viewers)? Is "put [A] into [B]" enough to tell the joke? Just like details can bog down a joke told in person, sometimes other visual elements (even if they're funny) can hurt more than help, distracting the viewer and diffusing(?) the joke's impact.

When you're dealing with a bad source image, you have several options (listed in general order of my personal preference):

1) You can doll it up as best you can and get it looking good enough that it doesn't distract from whatever joke you're trying to tell.
2) You can sometimes dial down the quality of other elements to match the worst one. There are a number of ways to do this; sometimes you can get there by pulling everything out of normal context, using filters or other tricks to make it into an oil painting, a low-res video game or something, masking the drop in overall quality by making the joke about something else.
3) You can lean into it and make the bad image quality part of the joke; this can work really well if you have a good enough idea.
4) You can go in a different direction altogether and reduce reliance on the image's quality. The most obvious example is animation, a great tool for taking attention away from the image itself and placing it on whatever the image is doing.

I'm writing this out because I'm so pissed about the quality of the Trump mugshot pic. The skin tone is weird even for Trump, the resolution sucks, the lighting is a pain in the rear end, the whole thing just screams you can gently caress with adjustments all you want pal, it's still gonna look like poo poo. When I do jokes for SA I typically go for as much photorealism as I possibly can, and this pic has just sucked the motivation right out of me. It's like if I needed one more reason to hate this loving guy, that's the cherry on top. Fuckin rear end in a top hat can't even take a decent picture sitting still in front of a camera three feet away from him. :mad: :mad: :mad:

tl;dr

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I really almost threw in the, "I ain't reading all that but I'm happy for you or sorry that happened"
Thank you for taking the snarky bullet.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://i.imgur.com/6NUAyXf.mp4
:effort:

e: Well mine's just a worse Blitterpost

Splicer fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 27, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.