Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

indigi posted:

what do you think felt worse, fans giving Toney a hard time after a bad game, or the time when Nelson Agholor, who had put it all together for 2017 and helped win a superbowl, got called out on the local news by a man who had just saved an infant from a burning building

We Was Catching Them is absolutely worse at least at this point in time, because it became a cultural touchstone, however minor. It basically cemented Agholor's legacy in a way no performance in the span of the career he had left could ever undo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

Let's have a moment of silence for the ghost of Joey Bosa.

Hell, let's have a moment of silence for Ross and the San Angeles Chargers, full stop.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Broncos, I must warn you that it will be quite a while before I'm done being upset about Kareem Jackson. I hope you understand.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chargers-fire-coach-brandon-staley-and-gm-tom-telesco/ar-AA1lyZf6?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I was NOT expecting this to happen from That Fucker, Spanos. Whoo boy, congrats Chargers faithful, particularly on Telesco. That's the real win here, I think.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Edit: drat, wrong thread, must be why the jinx didn't quite work.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 22, 2023

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I know the Colts have also had a TERRIBLE time with the QB Carousel since Manning, it was a point of discussion during the Colts-Broncos game from hell last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Seiyal posted:

Ah seems I am mistaken then, my apologies.

The key is that nor'easters come out of the nor'east, which is to say, on the coast, they're storms that blow down from the Arctic off the Grand Banks and thus carry some of the most violent weather patterns.

Buffalo is on the Great Lakes, so it can't get those kinds of storms -- what it gets instead is what's known as "lake effect" snow. The Great Lakes are always going to be warmer than the surrounding terrain and air in winter, because they're gigantic thermal masses that don't change their temperature quickly. When wind blows the colder air across the lakes, it picks up tons of water vapor from them that rapidly turns into snow, which is then vomited all over the downwind side of the lakes --- in this case, Upstate New York. This happens on other big lakes across the world like Lake Baikal and the Great Salt Lake, and even on some bodies of water like the Sea of Japan.