Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

What's fun is Denver's games against the Raiders last year are one of the few times Russell didn't look dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Some interesting reffing at the end of that game, with no review of the sideline catch, and then no interference.

But goddamn does Denver suck.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Broncos aren't getting enough credit. Them going out there and humiliating themselves today is going to take all the heat away from CU and Coach Prime. But do you think they are going to get one thank you?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Chiefs suck, NFL is rigged

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Lots of bad calls against the Chiefs. The safety, horsecollar tackle, Trey Smith hold. I’m happy a makeup call was phoned in.

Not real motivated to update the WR rankings, this group is pretty blah besides maybe Rashee Rice. Mahomes was terrible passing, that 2nd pick was odd he attempted a deep bomb that died after like 50 yards?
The one that was really egregious to me is that 3rd and 28 run should have been wiped out by off-setting penalties. There was an incredibly obvious offensive holding they didn't call, and an incredibly obvious defensive hands to the face that they couldn't call because they already missed the hold.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The more I think about it, the funnier replacing Carr with Garoppolo is.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I never did anything with it and don't remember the full results, but I remember looking into it a few years ago, at least with QBs.

As I remember guys tended to fall pretty nearly in one of two groups. Group 1 (Manning, Rivers, Brady) were guys who basically were always healthy. They would go many seasons without missing a game to injury. If they got hurt it was typically something major that caused them to miss a bunch of time, then they would go right back to long steaks of not missing any games. Sometimes, but not always, they might become more of a group 2 guy towards the tail end of their career.

Group 2 (Roethlisberger, Garoppolo) guys were pretty frequently injured. They occasionally have seasons where they are healthy all year, but more commonly they miss 2-3 games here, a couple of games they're, 4 games here, half a season over here.

The real difficulty is those frequently injured guys tend not to have real long careers, so there aren't a lot of guys around with 15 year careers who were injured all the time.

Someone like Stafford might be an exception to the model. He most easily fits in as a group 2 guy, but did go 8 years without missing a start.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

a neat cape posted:

That thing Elway refused to do 5 years ago.

Rebuild.

So trade more draft picks for dubious returns, got it.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

He may end up having a long and productive career, but I feel like it's been pretty obvious since his rookie year that its just not going to work for him here in Denver.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

a neat cape posted:

And now mahomes has to get on a plane and fly to Europe. Whole team gonna be sick

Nah, all they have to do is some high knees and they'll all be good

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

If you exclude the Brady years from his resume he's basically Brian Schottenheimer. I have no idea why his name kept popping up over and over again and why two teams after his Broncos tenure thought it would be a good idea to hire him

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Also, Jerry Jeudy is definitely going to continue being a valuable and productive member of the Denver Broncos.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Mark Davis is playing the long game. Fire your coach mid-season then ride that new coach bump into the playoffs.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Chargers gonna Charger.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I am greatly amused that the Chargers lost one of the more entertaining games this season while the Broncos and Raiders won two of the worst games.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you didn’t think that game was entertaining I don’t know what you’re even watching football for.

I think it was a sloppy mistake filled game that could only be enjoyed by football degenerates and desperate fools.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Fat Jesus posted:

they beat Josh Dobbs lol

Mahomes, Allen, Dobbs one-by-one the mighty shall fall.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

He even said “he’s obviously not Patrick Maholmes” like 5 times during that broadcast lol hate on the guy but at least do it accurately

It was more like "he's obviously not Patrick Mahomes, but," where the but invalidates everything before it.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

solarjetman posted:

It's like the guy wants to get suspended. It's obvious that even a borderline h2h will get massively punished and he just goes out and does it the first chance he gets. Whatever amount of malice he has, it's mixed with a lot of terrible judgment. I wish they'd just bench him.
I think he's that textbook case of a guy who was borderline dirty throughout his career that once he loses a step is just plain dirty.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Elite receivers want elite receiver money above all else. There's really no reason why the Chiefs shouldn't be able to grab a really good slot guy though.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's pretty funny to me that part of the Broncos turnaround is that Payton doesn't trust Russ to throw ball anymore, and now the national media is picking up the Russ Comeback Player of the Year story.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

I really hate that I'm rooting for the Broncos at this point but a team that lost by 50 points in week 3 actually winning the division and knocking the Chiefs back down to earth would be some incredible comedy and I'm all for it.

Mahomes became the biggest loving baby in NFL history yesterday so that was really great. Imagine being afraid to call out other players mistakes to the extent that you whine on national television multiple times about something that was such a blatantly obvious and legitimate penalty that even a child just learning the game could see it was legit, lol.
That's what's tough for me right now, because I don't believe in the Broncos in the slightest, but these Chiefs tears are so delicious it's making me want to have hope.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

You know, Staley going for it on 4th down at the end of the first half really is an all-time "What are you going to do fire me?" moment.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Calidus posted:

The chiefs winning the Super Bowl, Kelce retires and the front office puts an even more anemic WR room together would be a really funny timeline.

Think about how funny that would be if they didn't even win a playoff game.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Courtland Sutton is in concussion protocol, and it's looking unlikely he plays. A Russ-led offense ain't scoring any points, so even beating the Chargers would be a tall order.

You know, I don't care about the Broncos trying to strong arm Russ into making a dumb decision. I don't care that he wisely said gently caress that. It just seems dumb and counterproductive for Sean Payton to lie about the situation. Like hey, if you tell the truth everybody is going to think you're an rear end in a top hat. But if you lie, the truth is going to come out and everybody is going to think you're a liar and an rear end in a top hat.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

They already did it once this month with Russ. Wasn't even close either

I think you are underestimating how much the Bronco's offense revolves around Russ just hucking it deep to Sutton and hoping he makes a circus catch. Like that Week 14 game was 10-0, with the Broncos lone touchdown coming on a 3-yard drive, until late in the 3rd when Sutton made that ridiculous one handed grab for a TD.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think there's only a handful of dudes left over from Elway, this monstrosity is almost entirely Paton.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

To some extent if you were paying attention I think this has already happened to Sean Payton.

And he made it through for better or worse, so might as well run it back pretending that Jarrett Stidham gives him a chance to win games.

Well the latest development is that Sean is pretending that he has nothing to do with any of this, and is actively throwing George Paton under the bus. This is after him earlier claiming that he is in fact the one in charge of this poo poo.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Sean Payton a couple of weeks ago posted:

There’s no approach. Honestly, and you guys know this, it’s a busy time of the year and there’s pressure on news media to be on top of potential stories, trade stories. The teams that aren’t doing as well always fall into this position, and I understand it, but we’re not the team looking to go out and buy. We can’t control the buyers that call. We always pick the phone up—you have to professionally, but that’s it. This doesn’t—we have a plan on where we see ourselves, and that’s an honest answer. When I see or hear things, I chuckle because I’m thinking, ‘Well I haven’t talked to anyone about that,’ and if I haven’t, then it’s probably not true.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Broncos forfeiting a 1st rounder for screwing around with Russ's contract is the only fitting way for this saga to end.

Oh, and for all the pearl clutching the Broncos were eliminated today despite winning.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Jerry Jeudy is 100% going to the Chiefs this off-season, and it's going to make next year interesting for two fan bases.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't think this is going to be a very good draft for quarterbacks.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

I feel like I've heard this line before.

People were talking the same noise about the 2021 draft.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'm really irritated by this Chargers development.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The silver lining is that the Raiders are going full Purdue while the rest of the division is going full SEC mode.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's perfectly fine and normal that two candidates who gave the Broncos a hard no last year have taken head coaching jobs elsewhere this year. I think the Broncos are perfectly healthy as a franchise and on track.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I honestly need to rewatch it because my mind has it closer to him than in reality probably

He had just about as good a chance at getting it as anyone, but clearly made a business decision

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

This is remarkably easy. Tim Tebow took s team to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't know, if anyone in this thread owned a Raiders Starter jacket in the 90s I'm still going to give them the side-eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Calidus posted:

He was listed at 6-4 205 at OSU. Those are both high 6-3 200 isn’t far off I imagine.

I think he's talking about Marvin Harrisson Sr. who is about that size.