Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

People said that they did increase BP even if it didn't say so on the description, which seemed to track with my brief experience with them.

It is absolutely loving hysterical they're still in bloodwebs. GG.

I wish we knew whether or not the maps are going to stay usable after the event because I'd love to stockpile them if they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Medullah posted:

They also said in the replies that it's not coming back sooooooo avoid them in your bloodwebs people!

I typically avoid event items anyway, because you always wind up with more than you can possibly use, and then they become grayed-out afterwards, and the wasted BP bugs me.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You should be able to melt down offerings you don't want for BP. Let me get rid of all these map offerings I will literally never use!!!

Hell, I would settle for a "Hide" feature.

Relyssa posted:

we gave up lunar new year for this

In fairness, I believe the lunar new year is still-wait, I see what you're saying

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I heard they reenabled Twins but didn’t actually fix the bug that got them killswitched to begin with?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1772343617983578486?s=20

Good news at least.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Dammit, I like getting one of each item on each killer as a souvenir and I can't get one on twins anymore >:(

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Its funny to me how DBD continues to be a terribly unbalanced game if the killer is a dick in favor of killer, and a terribly unbalanced game in favor of the survivor, if the killer isn't a dick lmao

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

Its funny to me how DBD continues to be a terribly unbalanced game if the killer is a dick in favor of killer, and a terribly unbalanced game in favor of the survivor, if the killer isn't a dick lmao

That should be the new thread title tbh

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Dead By Daylight: It's not survivor sided. It's not killer sided. It's dick sided.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

MikeNCR posted:

Dead By Daylight: It's not survivor sided. It's not killer sided. It's dick sided.

:hmmyes:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

BrewingTea posted:

the wasted BP bugs me.

There's no such thing as an empty node in a blood web, so the cheapest you can spend to get through them is buying grey items, and event items cost that same amount. Even if you're never going to use them, they're basically free.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Hello. Furtive Chase, Insidious, No where to hide and Unforeseen is the most fun way to play The Unknown. Not the best but definitely the most fun

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1772639817332924876?s=20

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
God drat I suck at this game, but not nearly as bad as these other mother fuckers on my team

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh WOW! Masks for my killers, which I will get to see and enjoy so often in the game!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I for one am empowered by knowing that my drip is fire.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
No drip has ever been improved by wearing anything Slipknot related

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Not an empty quote

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

So I clicked on the big "Slipknot" banner (in the game) and it took me to that new red Legion outfit, but I can't find a way to just... jump to the next item in the collection.

I had this problem with the Iron Maiden collection, too. Is there really not a way to see all of the items on ONE screen? You'd think there'd at least be a "Buy All" button...

edit: It's me. I'm the metal nerd.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

BrewingTea posted:

So I clicked on the big "Slipknot" banner (in the game) and it took me to that new red Legion outfit, but I can't find a way to just... jump to the next item in the collection.

I had this problem with the Iron Maiden collection, too. Is there really not a way to see all of the items on ONE screen? You'd think there'd at least be a "Buy All" button...

edit: It's me. I'm the metal nerd.

The only way is to go to the store and look at the right side of hte main store screen, that will list all the new/promotional things

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Kwolok posted:

The only way is to go to the store and look at the right side of hte main store screen, that will list all the new/promotional things

Oh it was showing the Blood Moon collection, there, earlier. Now it has updated to the Slipknot stuff. Got it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So I know it's supposed to be a big scary mouth, but at first glance I thought Trapper was just a dapper gentleman with a big handlebar mustache.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

rydiafan posted:

So I know it's supposed to be a big scary mouth, but at first glance I thought Trapper was just a dapper gentleman with a big handlebar mustache.

It should be.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Maybe they did this in past events, but its interesting that completing the entire event tome leaves you with left over blood trinkets.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Maybe they did this in past events, but its interesting that completing the entire event tome leaves you with left over blood trinkets.

I know that was a big complaint on the Halloween event, that you had to complete every single challenge to get the final reward.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
It was that way for the Winter one as well, this is new to this event.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's weird how swingy the Tomes are as far as the grind goes, last one I barely made it to the end of the battlepass. This one I've pretty much only done the killer side of the tomes, am not to the end of it and I'm already in the Deep Rift stuff

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kwolok posted:

Honestly this is best, as there’s usually one lovely challenge that you’d otherwise spend a disproportionate amount of time on.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Playing Legion. P100 twitch tv named Meg who gave an anni BP offering gets caught by me doing bones at the start, gives up and kills self on hook causing a spiral of everyone giving up instantly. Some people man!!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Playing Legion. P100 twitch tv named Meg who gave an anni BP offering gets caught by me doing bones at the start, gives up and kills self on hook causing a spiral of everyone giving up instantly. Some people man!!

I really question why some people are still playing this game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tiny Myers posted:

I really question why some people are still playing this game.

this thread is a case in point :v:

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Speaking of why are people playing this game, had another person kill themselves on first hook at the start of the match.

Please just remove the ability to kobe at this point so if they want to throw they have to put a little more effort into it or DC, thus giving them an actual matchmaking penalty/no rewards for doing so like BP or archive progress.

Like there's two scenarios here: either everyone gives up and it's depressing/wasted offerings, or everyone struggles against the current in a doomed match, which just feels awful to go against. I try to just 2-hook everyone and let everyone go but it's ruining my chance to, you know, play an actual match where I try to kill people, and busting up my matchmaking.

Someone kills themselves -> let people go because I feel bad -> go against even lower players -> someone kills themselves -> let people go because I feel bad -> go against even lower players -> etc until I finally have a match and everyone's just way below me so it's a bloodbath anyway. It's either that or just brutalize the team of 3 that would've gotten a couple escapes against you had they been working with a 4th instead of playing a doomed game from the start. I'm just ruining someone's game no matter what either way because BHVR won't get their poo poo together already

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 27, 2024

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Do any of the Slipknot skins play "Psychosocial baby" Bieber remix in the chase?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Tiny Myers posted:

Speaking of why are people playing this game, had another person kill themselves on first hook at the start of the match.

Please just remove the ability to kobe at this point so if they want to throw they have to put a little more effort into it or DC, thus giving them an actual matchmaking penalty/no rewards for doing so like BP or archive progress.

Like there's two scenarios here: either everyone gives up and it's depressing/wasted offerings, or everyone struggles against the current in a doomed match, which just feels awful to go against. I try to just 2-hook everyone and let everyone go but it's ruining my chance to, you know, play an actual match where I try to kill people, and busting up my matchmaking.

Someone kills themselves -> let people go because I feel bad -> go against even lower players -> someone kills themselves -> let people go because I feel bad -> go against even lower players -> etc until I finally have a match and everyone's just way below me so it's a bloodbath anyway. It's either that or just brutalize the team of 3 that would've gotten a couple escapes against you had they been working with a 4th instead of playing a doomed game from the start. I'm just ruining someone's game no matter what either way because BHVR won't get their poo poo together already

Fair trade but they also should have the match end if all 4 people are slugged on the ground and no one has unbreakable. The amount of times i just have to wait 4 whole rear end minutes of doing nothing because the killer decided it was funny is too much. Just like "Kobe's can save the game" I don't care about the <1% of the time a game can be brought back from the brink by some weird random non-unbreakable related miracle.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Fair trade but they also should have the match end if all 4 people are slugged on the ground and no one has unbreakable. The amount of times i just have to wait 4 whole rear end minutes of doing nothing because the killer decided it was funny is too much. Just like "Kobe's can save the game" I don't care about the <1% of the time a game can be brought back from the brink by some weird random non-unbreakable related miracle.

They actually tested this on PTB a while back with auto moris and the feedback was very negative

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I do hate when I have to slug for whatever reason and intend on going back to hook them but they've crawled away to god knows where and I lose track of them. Don't get mad at me if you crawl into a bush and can't be found so I have to wait out the timer.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Hah I can imagine 1 or 2 people with plot twist just trolling with that.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

They actually tested this on PTB a while back with auto moris and the feedback was very negative

Yeah I don't really care what the feedback of this community is though...

This is the same community that was really upset when pop the weasel got nerfed "Killers basically have no gen regression, making it a percent of its progress makes it useless!" Its still one of the most used perks in the game..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
It's seen increased use since they buffed it again, but before that it wasn't used as often after the nerf.