Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Relyssa posted:

New Best Girl skin is here and looking nice. Very happy with it.

I am going to loving die :piss:

e: oh come on worst snype. Try the wordle thing if you didn't it's fun

https://dbdle.net/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Absolutely love it when you risk everything to get to someone on the hook with 1 gen left and they kill themselves right before you can get to them. Like come on man.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also I swear, I only get killers who I can easily pallet stun all the time, so I decide to try a Smash Hit build...and all night it's been Billy or Nurse or whatever. CMON!!!!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also I swear, I only get killers who I can easily pallet stun all the time, so I decide to try a Smash Hit build...and all night it's been Billy or Nurse or whatever. CMON!!!!

Every time I have a Stun challenge and it's a Huntress :negative:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
10 games tonight. 8 killers just bled out the last survivor for no loving reason.

Great job BHVR!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/lilithomen/status/1780464473121120501?t=IRWdJ6pfJ2PvWiajHBpk9A&s=19

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Game I was in tonight. Second everyone heard the Skull Merchant TR all 3 of my teammates disconnected. I stayed mostly to see what would happen and the killer made it their duty to slug the bots in order to sus me out. Really proving the stereotype of SM players being assholes true. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1780974676338000279

HERE WE GO

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I notice they didn't mention whether Ultimate Weapon still has the gigantic cooldown from the PTB, which was the big thing determining whether it ever gets run again or not

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So did they just completely revert the Twins rework they spent 2 years working on?

Yes, yes they did.

quote:

We have made the decision to revert the changes to Victor’s pounce and keep the various quality of life improvements (faster switching between Charlotte and Victor, ability to recall Victor, and Add-on adjustments & base kit inclusion). We may revisit The Twins in a future update, if necessary, but these smaller tweaks will make The Twins feel better to play for the time being.

You absolute loving clowns.

E: and then they reverted drat near everything else. But hey let's hear some more about how this is good and great software development.

E2: and I am not saying the Twins rework should have gone live. It absolutely should not, but these dipshits spent two years working on this poo poo without anyone figuring out the new Twins were completely busted and going back to the drawing board. And they spent supposedly what, 6 months? working on the new DS animations without anyone saying "this looks like absolute dog poo poo, we can't release this".

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 18, 2024

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I remember Twins mains being excited, hypothesizing that Chucky may serve as a blueprint for a possible rework for Victor and other such things.

Instead we got a half-assed rework that just doubles-down on the slugging playstyle, only to get cut with no replacement. See you in 2026, I guess.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Removing the haste for Charlotte when Victor is clinging to/downs somebody is pure cowardice. :laffo:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
They didn't even keep the speed boost she has when victor is latched. That actually would have been cool to have on the base kit twins. Currently there is actually a strat to have a healthy zero hook survivor hold victor hostage. If doing so gave charlotte a speed boost its a more interesting trade off. Now that playstyle is still fairly valid.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doomykins posted:

Removing the haste for Charlotte when Victor is clinging to/downs somebody is pure cowardice. :laffo:

It's needed unfortunately. The bottom line is the idea behind it was that it lets her get to the downed survivor quicker, which she needs, but in practice Twins players just use it to get more downs with the crazy haste.

I just honestly don't see how they can fix Twins, they're just lovely design at this point. Maybe give Victor the ability to drag survivors to hooks but not hook them, hell make it an automatic thing so you down someone, click CTRL with a hook highlighted and he starts dragging them and you change to Charlotte to meet up with him.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Just a TCM update
Promised a bunch of stuff, delivered most but not a new killer. The DLC survivor was released with a huge bug in their skill tree (bloodweb) where 2/3rds of their perks were unplayable. Broke stuns and some abilities.

The Devs:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7359256861448703263

I barely play now. Paid money and they released broke content. Mainly playing Breakers and actually like it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Honestly at this point anyone that buys the next DBD killer asymmetrical game is throwing their money away. I say this as someone who pre-ordered Evil Dead and Ghostbusters.

DBD is just the juggernaut that can't be stopped. At least until DBD 2 which will also fail

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

Honestly at this point anyone that buys the next DBD killer asymmetrical game is throwing their money away. I say this as someone who pre-ordered Evil Dead and Ghostbusters.

DBD is just the juggernaut that can't be stopped. At least until DBD 2 which will also fail

So Payday 3 type of shenanigans?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So did they just completely revert the Twins rework they spent 2 years working on?

Yes, yes they did.

Actual cursed character.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Now let's cost compare the "games you've bought but never played" ratio to asymmetrical money wasted. 😁

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Now let's cost compare the "games you've bought but never played" ratio to asymmetrical money wasted. 😁

Valid attack. Even if you don't count the free games and humble bundle games I've got it's a scary ratio

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Valid attack.

I know, that's why I brought it up haha

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What makes me the saddest is that before it got kneecapped Friday The 13th was settling on a pretty respectable playerbase, even if new content had just been slow to come out it probably still would've sat doing fine, but it got bad news after bad news.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Think they'd also said they were pretty much finished with Jason X as a killer and his map, but it wasn't totally ready to be published so the judge forbade them to keep working on it. Whelp

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DeathChicken posted:

Think they'd also said they were pretty much finished with Jason X as a killer and his map, but it wasn't totally ready to be published so the judge forbade them to keep working on it. Whelp

Yeah, the now aborted fan project had a bunch more Jason X stuff, including another survivor, restored from the original game.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Honestly when it comes to the dbd killer games I generally get a solid 20-40 hours out of them before the novelty or playerbase dies and I'd say that's a great cost to enjoyment ratio

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kwolok posted:

Honestly when it comes to the dbd killer games I generally get a solid 20-40 hours out of them before the novelty or playerbase dies and I'd say that's a great cost to enjoyment ratio

Same. I played TCM for about a month and had a really good time with it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I'm off TCM now. I spent money and they released broken stuff. gently caress them. Its bad enough that they only release DLC but then release it bugged on day 1. Like the first thing a person does is check the new char's skill tree and over half of it was broken. The devs actually made a game that's fun but decided to piss away the goodwill of players. Few updates, little communication, when they did talk they insulted people, and strategic bugs. Like it's free weekend and leatherface is unstunable and the "all I can do is tamper" guy mysteriously has his tamper ability broken. I get new players would hate if leatherface was door slammed by vets all match or the tamper guy rushes out the exit in 2 minutes (killer favored bugs btw). But maybe you should nerf those abilities instead of breaking them for a month and fixing them after the hype dies down.

And the fuckers won't apologize. I didn't even want an apology but the non-apology is just as bad. I'll play it occasionally with friends. But they've lost me and I had no expectations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Oh its the biggest blunder I've ever seen. The dev team is beyond incompetent. If I were as bad at my job as the TCM devs were at theirs I'd be destitute.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
The social media posts at launch tell you all you need to know. No reasonable publisher would allow unprofessional guilt tripping bullshit like that to be associated with their game.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Temple I respect you and I'm not disputing it sounds like TCM has made some blunders as someone who's outside it and hasn't played, but "the devs purposely introduced bugs to make the game more fun for one side for the free weekend" sounds pretty tinfoil hat, I'm not gonna lie. Like borderline "BHVR only cares about killer mains and they want to deliberately ruin everything fun for survivors!!" stuff

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I don't think we should assign too much undue malice to dev actions and coincidence but it really stretches my suspension of disbelief that none of them ever do things along those lines. Deliberately introduce bugs? No. Let Circle of Healing on a paid character run its course for a year when the writing was on the wall within two months? Big Hmmm from me.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Doomykins posted:

I don't think we should assign too much undue malice to dev actions and coincidence but it really stretches my suspension of disbelief that none of them ever do things along those lines. Deliberately introduce bugs? No. Let Circle of Healing on a paid character run its course for a year when the writing was on the wall within two months? Big Hmmm from me.

Yeah nah I'm with you on that one. I absolutely think Mikaela made them big buck dollaridoos and they're way faster about nerfing perks when they aren't from recently-released DLC, e.g. Ultimate Weapon and Made For This. MFT stayed up for an absolutely inexcusable amount of time (Gabe came out mid-June and MFT was patched in late November, so almost 6 months, Jesus Christ it was even longer than I thought) despite everyone calling it out immediately including the biggest content creators as soon as the PTB came out. I absolutely believe money was a motivating factor there.

Do I think devs are capable of making lovely design and balance decisions motivated around money? Yes, 100%, P2W is a term for a reason. But I just feel like if you're at the point of saying "they purposely introduced a bug and left it in to make the game look better" you might have to take a step back.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Someone playing Distorted agaisnt my Aura Reading build is like me forgetting that my eldest child exist in favour of the other 3

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah nah I'm with you on that one. I absolutely think Mikaela made them big buck dollaridoos and they're way faster about nerfing perks when they aren't from recently-released DLC, e.g. Ultimate Weapon and Made For This. MFT stayed up for an absolutely inexcusable amount of time (Gabe came out mid-June and MFT was patched in late November, so almost 6 months, Jesus Christ it was even longer than I thought) despite everyone calling it out immediately including the biggest content creators as soon as the PTB came out. I absolutely believe money was a motivating factor there.

Even before that, original Mettle of Man definitely made them a few sales and it got to stink up the game longer than it should have.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

curiousTerminal posted:

New Smerchant is like. I want to like her for those reasons but there are games where it just feels very "get to filler tile, place drone, wait for free hit" that turn me off of her still. She's definitely more interesting than before, but she's not clicking for me still.

This has completely changed and I've become a Smerchant Enjoyer. I seem to enjoy the killers the community hates (Wraith, Smerchant, Twins as of late, old Trickster) so this isn't a surprise but I do have Opinions About Her and I think I've pinpointed the main reason why people don't like new Smerchant (assuming they aren't still fuming over her release state which was godawful)

Her power does not provide relevant info to the survivors that they need to counter her.
Smerchant is a loose pile of status effects and badly explained mechanics that benefit her to the complete exclusion of survivors. She gains a speed boost based on who she can see on her drone phone, but survivors have Zero Access to that info. Her drones have a built in "stealthy" mode that can be abused for "free hits", and even when the drones aren't used in an active chase, they can seemingly randomly tag survivors, who have no way of getting rid of those tags.
That said, I'd provide these changes to Smerchant that I classify as "survivor QoL" and not "smerchant nerfs" even if that is the overall effect. (she isn't weak even when people try, so nerfs aren't a death knell like they were for old billy engravings). I've organized these in the order I think is most to least impactful for survivor fun (whether they know it or not)
1) Skull Merchant's movement speed is unknowable
On her initial PTB, survivors received an eye icon letting them know they were visible on Smerchant's PDA. PDA visibility is tied directly to her movement speed, and they currently get no such thing. Meaning that survivors cannot possibly know her current speed unless they're looking at the 10 square pixel Bips on the HUD every single second of a chase. As we learned from MFT these 2 and 3% differences mean a lot, so telling people they're active is important.
2) Drones and their beams are hard to spot through walls or at a distance.
This one is easy: Turn on the white killer aura for active (non-stealth) drones for survivors within the drone scan AoE. Letting people know what's going on BEFORE they round the corner on midwich is good, and encourages the killer to place the drones in more cheeky locations. Relatedly:
3) Stealth Mode drones are an issue
Smerchant having an on demand undetectable that also enables her power is really cool and fun and integral to her micro level play. Putting a drone in the street on Badham so I can walk up the stairs of the 2 story house and catch someone offguard is a good thing.
That said, the fact that drones STAY in stealth mode after Adriana is no longer undetectable sucks poo poo. Once her stealth runs out, the drone beams should turn on. Remove her ability to set something up in a lovely corner of the map and keep it there until it tags you during chase.
4) No way to remove tags makes "free injuries" way more punishing
Getting hit by a drone means you're hit by 1/3 of an injury. And if you're hit by 4/3 of that injury (from a leftover chase, maybe!) you're slow and deep wounded and trackable. Stacks HAVE to be removable, so hacking drones should do that. hacking doesnt remove a drone so it's basically pointless otherwise.
5) Speaking of, survivors can't remove drones forever (and that's good)
Having no control over your power as a killer feels bad (see also: why singularity is picked so infrequently) so hacking a drone shouldn't remove it permanently but right now there's no reason to do so. That's good! Make thoughtful placement a problem for GOOD!
That said, I think they should add a like. Five second window where you can run to a drone and get it re-hacked before the scan lines start up again. Force her to maintain her drones. Keep mapwide pressure from info but remove it from tagging and speed if a survivor hacks you.

All of these changes I think make her better at holding an area without returning her old 3gen gameplay, and keep her current identity as "area control killer with a side of chase-facilitating info". Lasertagging is a thing you can still do, she keeps her current identity, and survivors don't' get hit by random poo poo they can't possibly predict like 7% haste because the Jonah thought running upstairs was more important than crouching.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Yardbomb posted:

Even before that, original Mettle of Man definitely made them a few sales and it got to stink up the game longer than it should have.

I'm still bemused at the fact I called og Mettle of Man super strong as soon as I saw it and tried it on ptb and all the folks I played with at the time disagreed.

And then I was right lol.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Someone playing Distorted agaisnt my Aura Reading build is like me forgetting that my eldest child exist in favour of the other 3

I like when people running distortion accuse me of tunneling the non distorted. Yup? Welcome to the consequences of your actions. If I can't find you I can't chase you.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGG_hibdZc

Man, Otz is right. I think I would just quit if I had a match like this lol.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Man why does mobile get all the cool stuf whyyyyyy

https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1781408512838353013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Holy poo poo I just saw this on Reddit, this is crazy good.