Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
With the addition of Chucky we're getting down to the last few big ones.

Jason (Never gonna happen)

Robert Englund Freddy

Candyman (Every freaking update says it is him)

Pretty soon it'll be the likes of Wishmaster or that girl from Urban Legend.

Unless they did my dream and put in their own stylized version of the classics Dracula, Wolfman, Creature of the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein's Monster, The Mummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

CuddleCryptid posted:

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1722258212886643153?t=OBUU74GPWa2vMnT136F7CA&s=19

Truth or damage control, you decide

The third person view seems reasonable, the way they talk about a human spirit version makes me wonder if you'll be seeing things from the spirit's view and just chasing Chucky around. I would expect that at least some of the Twins code has been ported over for that.

By and by, I've never seen Chucky. Is it worth watching for the first time or is this mostly a nostalgia thing?

I'll say this, the Child's Play movies, and the series itself, all have the same writer, Chucky has had the same narrative voice for over 30 years. It's actually pretty good and interesting but don't expect high cinema.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I'm kinda wishing they'd go back to other chapters and release survivors to go along with the killers. I'd like to see Kirstie from Hellraiser, Andy for Chucky. Sidney for Ghost face.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

it’s annoying me because Chucky’s in-game bio even mentions Andy entering the fog.

I doubt they’d do an Andy half-chapter as a lot of these protagonists aren’t as big a draw outside of ones that obviously got in the game as a full chapter like Laurie Strode or Ripley.

I'd be happy if they just released them as a lost in the fog style chapter to add them in.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Isn’t Andy a kid? There’s no way they’re putting a kid in the game.

They age him up in the series and it's not that big a stretch if they had to make him an adult

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just imagine if Freddy was the super talkative Robert Englund version just roasting survivors with lovely puns as he killed them :allears:

The fact that we still don't have Englund and Nancy is a war crime

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Does anyone know if you play as Tiffany they use his l Jennifer Tilly as the ghost with her that picks up Survivors? I thought it was a great solution to Chucky carrying Survivors using his ghost of Brad/Lakeshore killer.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Medullah posted:

Yeah there's lines like "Thanks Charles" and him saying "I got you babe"

That's actually really cool

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Chucky works because he's fun and loving funny. Behavior is slowly learning the lesson that not every killer has to be serious, starting with the Trickster really and then gradually making killers more vocal. I know we'll never get it but man Chucky gives me hope for Robert Englund Freddy.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Not only that but Chucky's ghost of his human self helps her hook survivors and they interact too. I was skeptical at first but this too, owns.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

OxMan posted:

Original chapter up next aka get up to 16k shards and stop playing till march

I liked the story of the Singularity and the survivor that may or may not be a clone of a long dead dude, but have we had any survivor that are from the golden age of slashers aka the 80s?

I know we have the licenses but no survivors from that era.. I'm racking my brain but I can't think of any from that time.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Legion kids are still killers, Stranger Things kids don't count I don't think cause they're imagining they're from the 80s. I'd take someone even original from the 80s. Just weird to me that all the licenses from the 80s themselves have no actual survivor representation.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

curiousTerminal posted:

Laurie Strode? Ellen Ripley? Ash, technically?

Laurie, Ripley are the 70s version. Ash oddly enough is an example of the opposite, a survivor with no killer.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

rydiafan posted:

Huh?

Edit: Do you mean that even though the series is set in the 80s it doesn't count because it wasn't made in the 80s, or am I missing something?

It's set in the 80s but was made recently, right. I'm just pointing out that the 80s were big for slasher killers but we don't really have any survivor representation from that era. The closest is the Nightmare but it's from the bad remake and Stranger Things. Ash IS a survivor from the 80s but he falls into the same category as the killers from the 80s where he has no equivalent on the opposite side.

I really would like to have Behavior visit the older chapters and maybe add a map and another person to represent the different 80s era licenses.

Kirstie / Frank/ Julia maybe from Hellraiser and Leviathan realm map. Andy from Child's Play. Any of the characters from Texas Chainsaw. Robert Englund skin with Nancy.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

That's loving incredible and I wish the Survivors would hear that coming at them.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Medullah posted:

Everyone knows this but it would be a death sentence for funding. GaaS is big right now and if you're not selling new stuff you're dead. It sucks. Unfortunately they painted themselves into a corner.

It feels like that yes it would, but they can't have a team divided off to do this?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Do any of the Slipknot skins play "Psychosocial baby" Bieber remix in the chase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

This is my problem with the game as a whole. As a survivor, I have the most time logged, yet I get into games and I'm the only one doing gens and the killers are blight gods. Flip over to killer who I barely play and my games are over in less than 5 minutes while I've been teabagged and blinded by survivors that have over hundreds of hours. There has to be a happy medium and I know it's not listening to streamers.