Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Did you kill them all? Sometimes you get a crew like that who are overconfident and don't have the skills to back up the build, and that is the most satisfying 4K ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqz8pCD98QA

Huh there's a lot of things here I already knew but some are really cool that I didn't know

Several of these are fake, btw. This was an April 1st video.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Windows is an incredible learning tool and completely fair. Stupid choice for a nerf

Windows is a good learning tool, medicore at mid-level play, and busted as gently caress for comp level survivors. The people who can glance around and instantly be "I'm 13.2 meters from that window, which gets me there two frames before the killer chasing me can hit me, then I can chain it into that double-lindey reverse jungle gym , followed by two shack rotations, then back to the original window because the entity block will have ended exactly .027 seconds before I get there..." are literally uncatchable.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

Survivors gonna need to learn how to use turrets ASAP.

Counterpoint: Turrets don't do poo poo. Xeno is always able to destroy them before they knock him out of crawler mode. They are a minor distraction, buying the survivor a second of time at most.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, I'm done playing DBD until something is done about the xenomorph. There's literally no counterplay. The tail has no indication of use, so it's undodgeable, and even if the killer misses they aren't slowed down any meaningful amount so they just hit you a second later. You can't knock them out of tail mode with a single turret, and good luck getting two turrets into an area; it takes forever to take them to a mutual location, and that's assuming you even get a chance to grab two without other survivors taking them. The only way to do it is to coordinate where everyone will put them, and a killer whose only counterplay is "play in a SWF" is a bad killer.

Edit: And even IF you manage to get them out of crawler mode, the xeno just ducks in a tunnel and gets crawler back in 2 seconds.

It's a shame, as I like the concept of the killer and the license is obviously awesome, but everything about xeno is overtuned as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUnmq7z6ZvY

Bonus video that was cathartic because I'm sick of being gaslit about this.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 9, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's confirmation bias. When you're playing a survivor, you only remember the times a zombie blocked a door on an indoor map, or harassed you off the last gen when it was at 90%.

When you're a nemesis, all you remember is the zombies dry humping a random rock in the corner of the map.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hilariously, pebbles work on them too.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

God drat do I hate map offerings. Say what you will about flashlights, but realm control is the ultimate tool for the bully SWF.

"After a long day at work I think I'll play some DBD. Oh, killer has the bribe. Here we go." First game the survivors burned a Garden of Joy offering. Second game, Eyrie. Third game, another Garden of Joy. I CTRL+ALT+DELed out of the program while the third game was loading.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

People for sure do that, plus Sloppy Butcher.. It's dumb in the Meat Plant as well.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

I think syringe also got nerfed a bit but I don't remember?

The time between using it and the heal taking place was increased to match the new, longer, self heal time.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm trying out Ghost Face for the first time. He's kind of weird compared to Wraith, but the undetectable status is much more powerful on him since I don't need to loudly go DING DONG before I show up, meaning I can just swoop survivors off of gens. It feels delicious.

One quick question: can hooked survivors break my Night Shroud stealth? I guess technically they can see me, but it does feel a bit silly. Still, the ability feels regardless because even if a survivor spots me, if they're right next to me I have a short window where I can one shot them anyway which still feels great.

Survivors on the hook or on the ground can absolutely break it. Survivors that are currently marked can't.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

At least with the trapper speed buff you can catch up to people sooner after they leave a loop when you put down a trap.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vanguard Warden posted:

It seems like 99% likely to me that it absolutely will. You don't lose basekit BT in end-game either.

They've said it won't. Once the gates are powered the killer has nothing better to do than secure a kill. DS doesn't work once the gates are powered either.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Kwolok posted:

The flame turrets do seem really weak don't they?

They literally don't do the one thing they're supposed to do.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, but the dispensers are near gens, and you can't run while carrying one, and the same dispenser can't give you another turret right away, and there's a limited number of turrets. So the "correct" way of using turrets, which consists of putting two of them near each other and away from a gen requires a shitload of time running to dispensers and lugging the turrets around, plus the other survivors to not also grab turrets. And if you manage to do all that, you might knock the xenomorph out of crawler mode, at which point it spends 3 second running back and forth in a tunnel and is back to unavailable tail attack mode.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MFT is such a dumb loving perk. No wonder killer has the 100% bribe all the time. It's so unfun now.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

They can crawl out. This has been the case forever.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

BrewingTea posted:

But if we're talking survivor perks, I can't understand how you all are playing without Calm Spirit right now.

I'm not.

Alert/Calm Spirit/Distortion/4th Perk is my standard build. The fourth perk is usually an exhaustion perk, but could also be a rift challenge specific perk or a meme if I'm feeling sassy. Currently it's pebble, for example, because it's the funnest perk.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sokani posted:

You: I will take cover and wait for the ideal time to unhook.
Me: I HAVE WE'LL MAKE IT DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT IT'S MINE GO GO GO YES I GOT IT

There's nothing funnier or more tragic than multiple people in solo queue with Deliverance fighting over the first unhook.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Killers are already abusing the vertical camp coding. Had a nurse hook me next to a hill and stand 3 inches away from me, but since she was "on a different floor" the meter didn't go up.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

L.U.I.G.I posted:

The same could be said about player playing in group of 4, most certainly in vc, with the perk Made For This, Windows of Opportunity, Flashbang, Lithe & others peks with a flashlight.

No it couldn't? Using perks isn't abusing mechanics. The vertical exception for the face camp mechanism was designed for multistory maps, not for the killer to stand on an apple crate next to the hook.

I mean, at the end of the day I agree with:

Kwolok posted:

I'd rather it be a bit more forgiving in what it considers camping than punishing killers on a two story map.

but I still hate people using loopholes to create negative play experiences.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

Well, since they said on a hill 3 inches away, it sounded less like a nurse-specific thing and more like this (professional artist's phone rendering):

This was it exactly, yeah.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Iqf56l4E4

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

3 killer games, 9 MFTs. loving hell, people, we aren't playing for money. Relax.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I've been tempted for so long to become a Dredge main just because of its cosmetics.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Counterpoint: I'm made out of dolls, or horses, or snow. Or some combination of the above wearing a Roman helmet.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So, the DBD livestream is doing a Critical Role style live RPG session. They're using the minis from the board game, obviously to drive interest in it, but they didn't even paint the loving minis. Just bare grey plastic on the table.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's impossible for it to get worse, because nobody's going to choose to chase Clicky McBoilOver as is.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

This is absolutely untrue at all but the highest skill levels. Learning when not to chase takes a susprisingly long time

And the killers who haven't figured it out with the current game design won't figure it out with a shared hook pool either.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Kwolok posted:

Man it is still a miserable experience to play killer in this game huh

Counterpoint, my first match today as survivor was against an Onryo who slugged me for the full 4 minute bleedout trying to get a 4K. Then my second match was against a Spirit who never hooked anyone and got a 4K through bleeding.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 19, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yoink!

Thanks, friend.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hot take: Wiggling skill checks shouldn't be in the game. They're pointless busywork. The meter should just fill at a constant rate while a survivor is being carried.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 23, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Map offerings should veto a map, instead of bringing you to it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The first one was funny, the second one was beautiful.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's especially annoying with things like the dowsing rods that you can't use all the time. Right now I'm getting a ton of BPs that I would love to use to level up the characters I don't use a lot, but then they'll be left with a bunch of limited use items that are just going to gather dust.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Danaru posted:

Made the unfortunate mistake of interacting with...twitter

Every other word you posted was redundant.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Trapper, Pig, and Hag can all trick people by partially activating their powers to look like they're picking up.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Charlotte is one of the more viscerally disturbing designs.

Agreed. Nothing is more grotesque than French people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's always been so weird to me that moris aren't identical in length.