Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Proxy camping is one thing, but I can’t imagine how joyless your life has to be in order for staring at a hooked player for two minutes to be considered fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I always bring Kindred so I can at least be on gens while all three of my teammates slowly Metal Gear Solid their way to the hook.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They would likely need to tweak the mechanic for specific killers. Going up two flights and teleporting back down to the hook isn’t something every killer can do.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ah I may have misread it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A monthly rotation of special rules would help to keep things fresh. Other games do that to varying effect, and dbd already has its share of goofy side things you can do in a match.

Random perk queue would probably slowly die off in popularity once the novelty wore off.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A button would still be nice if it chose from all available perks and not just what a person has unlocked.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I feel the game should have something a bit more organic than just making DS basekit to handle tunneling. If you more or less kill strategies as opposed to providing counterplay then games will get stale and samey because there’s fewer options. Like, as an off-the-cuff idea purely as an example, making the haste from being hit last longer or be granted to nearby survivors if you’re taking a protection hit for someone who got hooked twice in X minutes or has been the only person hooked so far. Stuff that promotes more interaction than just the killer deciding if they want to eat the DS, or just alternate in a secondary target.

Kindred basekit for solo queue would be good though

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did they ever explain why they took skins like frosty eyes from our inventories and if they intend on returning them?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Excited to lose all my games because I get distracted by shiny spooky things

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am concerned that people will stop playing the game to just farm BP, as it’s more fun to use the Void to escape the killer or as a shortcut, but so far that’s been the opposite as people just ignore the Void and I end up with like 3-5 times the score of everyone else.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This challenge to have a haunt trigger against an opponent is rough. As Killer you have to cede a lot of pressure to set up the haunts, and as a survivor you have three other people that can gently caress it up by triggering the haunts instead.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Man if you let a teammate go through two full hook stages then I ain’t giving you hatch.

Just chilling next to the gate.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

How do power-based buffs and debuffs work? Like, sure, Plague can’t use her red vomit in the Void, but does Myers keep EWIII or will Survivors stayed marked by Ghostfsce in the void?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Doesn’t the skill check influence which way you push the killer? It’s pointless most of the time to miss a skill check to focus on forcing them in a particular direction, but to keep your engaged they could make it a bar and you press buttons to gently caress with their movement.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lightborn is weird because it’s far from powerful, but I also dislike design that straight-up renders a part of either side’s kit 100% useless.

Nerfing lightborn would make it utter garbage, so you’d have to tack on an extra effect or something.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I was, and still am, running into hyper coordinated squads that will die out into the open because they know their buddies have flashlights. not every game but when it happens I feel pretty helpless on certain killers . I can just slug and go after the flashlighters but that doesn’t have a super high success rate.
if they’re coordinated then yeah, slugging won’t always work as the flashlight person(s) will draw you away from the slug and they’ll either get up with something like Unbreakable or another teammate waiting in the wings.

Just one of those unwinnable situations vs SWF.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I wonder how many people have four-digit hours but barely any on the opposite side.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The reception has been positive. I think it’s a combination of being a goofy, fun skin in a vacuum, and it being historically relevant to BHVR.

Were Naughty Bear not their first game, I imagine the skin would have never been made.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, it's cute. I wonder if it's a test run to sell custom moris like people have been asking for.
Get hyped for mori tierlists based on frames to execute (:v:)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s part of a new deal with Hasbro. The Demogorgon will be rebranded as the actual D&D Demogorgon.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah the main guess right now is the one monster everyone talks about out is the killer, and they give Steve and Nancy legendary skins to add additional ST characters as survivors.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I would take even 50 BP for each event-only bloodweb item

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

tithin posted:

So the current theory is the killer tomorrow is going to be a new stranger things license?
Tomorrow is a big Stranger Things event from Netflix, and the PTB goes live Wednesday. Given the complete lack of teasers it’s likely they are on an NDA until tomorrow. And they can’t just announce the announcement as that would be a dead giveaway if they tell us the new killer is being revealed the same day as Stranger Things event.

There were two saw tweets last week or three week prior, but nobody saw anything new in them so might just be brand engagement posts given the lack of Pig nerfs changes on the PTB.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

No teaser or announcement, but hotfix today unfucking female vaults.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So maybe they had a weird agreement to not announce the new killer until after the ST announcement so as to not steal Netflix’s thunder?

Seems like the kind of petty thing Netflix would demand.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Okay but where is the Scoops Ahoy demo skin :colbert:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Now we need a Skull Merchant skin for Xenomorph

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I figured it out, Scoops Ahoy Demogorgon is such a powerful character that it will be the next killer instead of a mere skin.

Enjoy a kit featuring two scoops of dairy-based dread.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lager posted:

I think the Chucky speculation makes sense as well, that does look like someone used a stool to get up to the knife. But we'll see tomorrow, I guess.
Welcome to Dead by Daylight, Boss Baby

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

New Killer: Demogorgon With a Knife

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They should release Willy from Willy’s Wonderland to piss off fnaf kids and give Nicholas Cage a proper killer :colbert:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kids love fnaf even now. I imagine it’s whatever user engagement algorithm absorbed fnaf into its child views calculations from a decade ago, but kids watch it.

fnaf sucks more for the trend of low-effort shlock designed to ride that exact youtube and merch train. You can design the general basis for the game in like five minutes, and a gameplay loop wouldn’t take much more time.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

When are we adding childhood horror icon, the yeti from SkiFree

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sites like IGN want to break news, so I highly doubt this was a leak. I imagine BVHR gave them the exclusive.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nothing scarier than the American Military-Industrial Complex

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Chucky was like the inverse Ridley of dbd: too small

So his release means that a gremlin killer is possible, although I’d still accept three gremlins in a trenchcoat

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

finally, it's the Leprechaun's time
Warwick Davis loves the role, he would be down. And he’s magic so he could float to fix the height issue if need be

Imagine if he had a pot of gold to find, kinda like pinhead’s cube :allears:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Diabetic posted:

I'm kinda wishing they'd go back to other chapters and release survivors to go along with the killers. I'd like to see Kirstie from Hellraiser, Andy for Chucky. Sidney for Ghost face.
it’s annoying me because Chucky’s in-game bio even mentions Andy entering the fog.

I doubt they’d do an Andy half-chapter as a lot of these protagonists aren’t as big a draw outside of ones that obviously got in the game as a full chapter like Laurie Strode or Ripley.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They aged up Yoichi, so there’s precedent if we’re all gonna be prudes about a doll violently stabbing an eight-year-old multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Chucky definitely raised the bar for all future killers. I’m not saying they all need to be chatterboxes with nearly 9 minutes of recorded dialogue, and some killers are just more effective as creepy silent murderers,but stuff like Singularity and Trickster definitely adds more personality to these characters.

I wouldn’t mind it for survivors either, although survivor mains probably don’t want their characters being more audible.

Also get Robert Englund into the recording studio :argh: