Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

It's not the best build, but I like this combo for solo queue-

Diversion - Need a distraction, make a distraction
Dramaturgy - Get a useful item even if every chest has been looted
Deja Vu - I am going to do everything in my power to prevent you from three genning the rest of us
Windows of Opportunity - Wow, look at all those dead zones/pre-thrown pallets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

I'd argue that this is the best way to use Any Means Necessary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3L6nyMTOQ

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

As dumb as it is, I've been having a lot of fun in this event just going for 8 hooks as fast as possible on Ghost Face and letting whoever doesn't give up live. Running lethal and floods to make sorting approach angles easy then trying to get as many full stalks as I can. The crazy part is I'm still at a >20% kill rate when I'm not trying to kill anyone.

MikeNCR fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 26, 2023

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

I think I've got a pretty good Solo Queue build going:

Any room for improvements?

Hmm, could see if you like Diversion in there as an alternative to scene partner. Throw rocks at the killer instead of screaming at them.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

Both good suggestions - Diversion has given me some great comedic moments in the past, though it's really hard to beat that "scream in the killer's face 5 times in a row" value. Parental Guidance miiight just be creeping over too far into the "actually useful" category.

My current go-to decent-ish solo survivor build is Diversion, Deja Vu, Dramaturgy, and Windows. Even if Diversion doesn't get much value it's still at least amusing. Windows is mostly so I know if someone else made a massive deadzone and Deja Vu is how I desperately try to prevent 3-gens.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Medullah posted:

I rarely play survivor but had to tonight to finish off the event. Jesus CHRIST killers are enormous assholes. All but one match I got tunneled. This was my final match, where a survivor used a Midwich offering and then chased the Huntress as she hooked me, unhooked in her face and she just followed me, rinse repeat.

Meanwhile I'm playing killer and never do more than 2 kills a game during the event, I GUESS KARMA ISN'T REAL GUYS

It's a bit cliche, but both sides suck. Best you can do is play the way you want to and have as much fun with it as you can. Mostly played killer during the event, but when I did play survivor the most frequent problem was the first survivor that got caught gave up immediately, putting us 3v1 at 4-5 gens. It says a lot when one of the best survivor games I had during the event was against the Skull Merchant.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Medullah posted:

Luckily I finished the Tome (took 4 matches to get the "heal 3 health states" because of tunneling and PLAGUE heh). I'm sitting on 2,000,000 BPs, think it might just be DBD break time until next chapter.

So, hilarious thing with that one, Plot Twist counts as two health states.

Honestly, my biggest frustration has been crazy lag/rubber banding the last week or two for no obvious reason.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

New Trickster is ABSOLUTELY going to get nerfed to poo poo

Stack add-ons to reach 3 blades per Main Event? Yeah that uh. That's some nerfs waiting to happen. They way overshot on the Main Event changes IMO.

Deleting recoil/knife wind-up speed and making him 115% was an inspired choice, though. Kicking myself even more that I didn't bother to get that many anniv cakes on him because "well he's super cute but when am I ever going to play him?"

Yeah, 100% feels like it'll be overbuffed, but easy to tweak. They could probably just delete main event and leave everything else and he'd still be solid.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

tithin posted:

Slice and Dice requires you to let go before you're on top of them, chucky lunges towards the target. If you're waiting until you're on top of them, you'll hit past them, not on them.

My favourite chucky build is: friends to the end, nowhere to hide, lethal, and pop, paired with rat poison addon, and your choice (I like razor)

So much aura reading, it's essentially a permachase build.

Right now I'm running Monitor, Plaything, Trail of Torment, and Dark Devotion with Silk Pillow and Pile of Nails. It's a pretty fun jumpscare-y build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkkgP3q5amA

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Not sure how much it'll matter assuming it lines up with the iron sights that all the other weapon skins have.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

I'm just assuming that The Unknown is the result a Spirit Halloween owned by aliens making a human costume based on the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books.

Edit: For the sake of saying it, I'm down with that.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Chuckie sent us to Hawkins, proceeded to fumble so hard (he got blood in his eyes almost every down so while he chased someone else the two others would pick up the downed person (he didn't have knock out so it wasn't some sort of slug gimmick) anytime I would take a hit I'd just zoom to the basement with Overcome and lose him, heal up with the sable perk + botany and then come back out to take more hits. After bodyblocking a hallway door to protect someone he just plugpulled instantly. After so many frustrating games it's cathartic to have one where you just clown on them this hard.

I've been messing around with Strength In Shadows/Botany Knowledge/Bite the Bullet/Overcome lately, it's been pretty solid for survivability as long as you're patient.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Its funny to me how DBD continues to be a terribly unbalanced game if the killer is a dick in favor of killer, and a terribly unbalanced game in favor of the survivor, if the killer isn't a dick lmao

Dead By Daylight: It's not survivor sided. It's not killer sided. It's dick sided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Comfortador posted:

It's the only new perk that has any interest to me.

It quickly got slotted in on a lot of my killers. Really liking Unforseen/Lethal/Gearhead/Pop as a combo on Demo.