Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

The NCAA may vacate the title, but they can never take away being #1 in the final poll

https://twitter.com/TristanUda/stat...ghtmode%3Dfalse

That's absolutely incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Looking forward to gameday posts on that day once again going from "Yeah, we got this!" to "Franklin is never going to beat Ohio State"

Welcome to the offseason, BABY!

Just because Penn State shuts down Ohio State's offense doesn't mean Penn State will win.

Aside from Michigan (pending Harbaugh's decision to stay or go), I think the Big Ten will suck next year.

- Washington is graduating a ton and will take a step back without Penix. The injury definitely affected Washington's offense, but it is clear that Michigan was the best defense they played by a country mile, and there are four defenses in the Big Ten that play on Michigan's level.
- Similar for Oregon. I'm not sure how quickly they can reload. It's hard to lose a Heisman caliber QB without some growing pains the following year.
- I don't think USC's defense can be turned around in one season to be immediately competitive next year. Caleb Williams is also gone, so next year looks like a rebuild.
- UCLA seems to have all the advantages in the world but never seems to get over an 8 or 9 game win hump.
- Ohio State is losing some great WRs and the most pedestrian QB since Steve Bellisari transferred out, and what was left looked like loving garbage in the bowl. The rotating door of Heisman/NFL QBs at Ohio State has finally stopped turning.
- Penn State will take a step back on defense from a historical level. They'll still be good and the defense will probably not be a liability, but can Kotelnicki inject life into the offense? Is Drew Allar fixable or are we destined for a QB who is too scared to throw the ball downfield and almost only checks it down?

Michigan will be a championship contender most likely, but the rest of the teams have serious flaws.

Komet fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 9, 2024

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Gonz posted:

Start spreadin’ da newz

Why are they celebrating the Gators? :confused:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Glimm posted:

That's absolutely incredible

This type of poo poo is why I say, just bring back the pre-BCS era. Let there be a few teams claiming to be the national champion. It’s dumb, fun, crazy poo poo and doesn’t hurt anything.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It has come to my attention that all season long, Michigan only had five offensive turnovers, and a total of 45 penalties.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

It has come to my attention that all season long, Michigan only had five offensive turnovers, and a total of 45 penalties.

And three were against Bowling Green.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gonz posted:

drat. The top 15 for turnover margin is kinda wild:

(It's also funny to see who benefited from playing Nebraska)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Gonz posted:

Holy poo poo that’s incredible.

Great football team.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Gonz posted:

Blake put a few on the ground that somehow always found a Michigan dude or was just barely down, it was pretty wild.

Also, we were always that insufferable, we're just admitting it now:

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1744763243770327361?t=36jQJRW8gfNqu5ll1wiyIw&s=19

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

facialimpediment posted:

Blake put a few on the ground that somehow always found a Michigan dude or was just barely down, it was pretty wild.

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1744763243770327361?t=36jQJRW8gfNqu5ll1wiyIw&s=19

Oh holy crap that video is incredibly arrogant. Learning that Harbaugh wrote it himself makes it so much better in every way.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

hahahaha, I love it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://www.raygunsite.com/products/michigan-americas-team

:hmmyes:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Brandon Walker placed a bet that he lost with terrible consequences.

https://x.com/stoolpresidente/status/1744574006252966202?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

dunno if we're still doing separate offseason threads, but I made one

Yes, we are. Appreciate it!

Goodnight 2023 season, what a time we had.