Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

will_colorado posted:

RIP the Pac-12, you were stupid.

Welcome to the big ten where the stupidity can shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

i am a moron posted:

:shrug: good season for the wolverines for sure. Sometimes you’re right about the outcomes of your favorite teams sporting events and sometimes you’re not.

let the hate leave your heart. instead, love your team, and root for their victory, rather than hoping for suffering for your foes.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

will_colorado posted:

RIP the Pac-12, you were stupid.

yes, not jumping from 10 to 16 teams will forever be the root of the downfall of the PAC. well, that and sanctioning Washington over Billy Joe Hobert. that was bullshit.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Victorious Radia posted:

let the hate leave your heart. instead, love your team, and root for their victory, rather than hoping for suffering for your foes.

nice username

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1744592363085848762

@ByAZuniga: Jim Harbaugh will be getting a tattoo to commemorate Michigan's undefeated, national champion season: https://t.co/fdulugWhDD

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:qq: "We lost the title game so the whole season was worthless" is some loving Bama fan energy. Listen to yourself.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sirotan posted:

@ByAZuniga: Jim Harbaugh will be getting a tattoo to commemorate Michigan's undefeated, national champion season: https://t.co/fdulugWhDD

https://twitter.com/_ZachShaw/status/1744594396526280828?t=DDDcLRx8FC9L-GGQDNrIbA&s=19

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Benne posted:

:qq: "We lost the title game so the whole season was worthless" is some loving Bama fan energy. Listen to yourself.

srsly. really never thought i'd hate another seattle fan more than dancing machine

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*aggressively pops and locks with VICTORIOUS RADIA to classic pop & lock music*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

lol apparently the cable went out at my house some time during the game. I watched the whole thing at the gym on the wall TVs so I didn't notice, but the cable was out on all the treadmill screens so something was going on over there too.

It's been raining off and on here all day. Probably for the best.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Gonz posted:

*aggressively pops and locks with VICTORIOUS RADIA to classic pop & lock music*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY

gently caress YES :cheers:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

post hole digger posted:

even discounting this year, washington was still in the playoff more recently than oregon

Yeah, I think the Phil Knight money angle is overrated to some extent. It's nice and obviously helps them to some extent, but they haven't had the run of CFP success you'd think they could or should with it.

Benne posted:

Yeah, UW is generally competitive year in and year out, and that doesn't seem to change, especially given the incoming small influx of extra money with the B1G move and the eventual huge pay day when they re-negotiate it.

I wish my school's team had the consistent success and optimistic future that UW has.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

tbh I'm fuckin happy as hell Donovan got his big plays after a year that he wasn't used right and just never really got it going like last year

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mr. Fix It posted:

yes, not jumping from 10 to 16 teams will forever be the root of the downfall of the PAC.

I unironically believe this, although that was more Texas's fault for killing the Pac-16 deal over travel cost concerns than it was the Pac's.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mr. Fix It posted:

srsly. really never thought i'd hate another seattle fan more than dancing machine

Eh I’d probably cut him some slack for now, he’s probably a couple too deep at the moment.

He’s right about that being a frustrating and self inflicted loss, just not about everything else so come morning I bet he’ll be fine.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I. M. Gei posted:

I unironically believe this, although that was more Texas's fault for killing the Pac-16 deal over travel cost concerns than the Pac's.

Pretty sure that was USC's fault and not Texas'

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Eh I’d probably cut him some slack for now, he’s probably a couple too deep at the moment.

He’s right about that being a frustrating and self inflicted loss, just not about everything else so come morning I bet he’ll be fine.

agreed, it's the night of, some hot words might come out they'll regret in morning

Radia fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 9, 2024

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

I. M. Gei posted:

I unironically believe this, although that was more Texas's fault for killing the Pac-16 deal over travel cost concerns than the Pac's.

i also unironically believe this. also the billy joe hobert part

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Mr. Fix It posted:

yes, not jumping from 10 to 16 teams will forever be the root of the downfall of the PAC. well, that and sanctioning Washington over Billy Joe Hobert. that was bullshit.

that and the short-sighted idiocy of a lot of ADs and Pac-12 management to gently caress up their media deals over and over again.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I thought briefly about changing my username to a Michael Penix joke for a week or two if Washington won

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

I. M. Gei posted:

I thought briefly about changing my username to a Michael Penix joke for a week or two if Washington won

he'll always be the big swinger to me

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm just bummed that moron's avatar wasn't changed to Buffs Harbaugh or:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1744530046495420622?t=MPhnqgh-OEp4iAhyZIENHw&s=19

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I do think UW will take a step back, if only because Penix and the WRs are obviously hard to replace. Will Rogers is ... well I'll give him a chance in Grubb's system, but what I saw from him at MSU wasn't too impressive.

Just get some dang hog mollies up front to play with the B1G boys and they should be fine.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mike Hart and Denard Robinson, both coaches on this team, get rings.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Benne posted:

I do think UW will take a step back, if only because Penix and the WRs are obviously hard to replace. Will Rogers is ... well I'll give him a chance in Grubb's system, but what I saw from him at MSU wasn't too impressive.

Just get some dang hog mollies up front to play with the B1G boys and they should be fine.

we just need to get deboer and grubb signed long term and i'll be super optimistic. next year will probably be a transition, yeah.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Washington will be fine.

They’re gonna have some great recruiting classes and transfer portal guys and will be competing for B1G titles and playoff wins for a long time.

DeBoer is a hell of a head coach.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gonz posted:

Mike Hart and Denard Robinson, both coaches on this team, get rings.

Denard.... :unsmith:

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Yeah hopefully being in the Big 10 we can get bigger and deeper on the lines. That's the path to consistent success on the national level. I just hope our offense stays fun.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

good for Denard!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mr. Fix It posted:

i also unironically believe this. also the billy joe hobert part

I have this shirt

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
DeBoer knows what's he's doing, he got to the ship in his second year. As long as he stays the future looks good. Also I'm sad but whatever I'll get over it. Season was a banger.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Manoueverable posted:

Here's the thing, y'all have that Phil Knight money in perpetuity. You'll be in the playoff next year, no question, and beat our asses many, many years to come. We're losing everyone good and had to get a transfer QB because none of the ones we've brought on are worth a drat. This was our best and only shot at a natty.

This is what everyone said when the Browning Era came to an end. It took us 6 years to bounce back. Chill out.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Congrats Michigan fans. lovely way to end the season but it was pretty cool to get there anyway.

Mr. Fix It posted:

Holy poo poo what did i do? I hardly even post anymore! Is this about trading DK Metcalf for a second round pick? Because the Seahawks should still do that.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

DeBoer knows what's he's doing, he got to the ship in his second year. As long as he stays the future looks good. Also I'm sad but whatever I'll get over it. Season was a banger.

https://twitter.com/MtStHelensWA/status/1744575685606453382?t=Gf0zsJB-grER8hppcHm5RA&s=19

but yeah DeBoer is a fuckin goodass coach and he's going to terrorize the big ten

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://x.com/mgoblog/status/1744572063585603855?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Lmao god drat it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jesu Christo.

https://x.com/pff_college/status/1744538128658907369?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

bro.

i dont understand this at all but i love it so loving much

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Yuuuuup

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

It should have been whichever UM interior DL guy nuclear pancaked our left guard and then sacked Penix on the 5 yard line via chokeslam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Victorious Radia posted:

bro.

i dont understand this at all but i love it so loving much

Michigan clinches/wins a game, Brian at mgoblog posts a happy otter

Michigan clinches/wins a big game, Brian at mgoblog posts 8-ball the murderotter