Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
It's not just Vandy's stadium that's under construction. I was in their medical center last week (pancreas dead) and the entire place is construction cranes. They also start work early, woken from my lovely dilaudid nap at 7am by a jackhammer symphony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

USC never sells out the Coliseum so you really only buy that ticket if you want to do it (as evidenced by the empty section surrounding him). That said?

Purdue figured out how to build a luxury box thingy into the existing stands without creating a ton of obstructed views, and you couldn't? Tsk tsk

If they can make boilers then they obviously have an engineering advantage.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Are… are you OK? :ohdear:

wernox posted:

I'm curious what a dead pancreas feels like? I mean, I don't think it sounds good.

I'm okay at the moment! My pancreas is mostly dead due to exciting genetic complications (CFTR carrier and an A1AT mutation (SZ flavor because I'm a weirdo!)) and the SOB never formed properly in the first place. Had awful stomach aches and other problems as a kid but I just powered through until I eventually had a horrible flare up of pancreatitis, they CT'd me and went "OH WHAT THE SWEET gently caress". Then came the genetic testing and a bunch of other fun gaiden, sepsis, massive status epilepticus seizure, you know, the fun poo poo.

The Docs at Vandy GI did something that their football team never could and said "We just can't handle this poo poo". Got a referral to Mayo Clinic and after meeting with what I can only describe as basically the Rainbow Six of International GI Surgeons they're planning on taking out my dead pancreas, my smashed spleen, a third of my stomach and a bunch of the other collateral damage I've picked up over the years!

To bring it on topic, football keeps me and my family sane. Even if I'm in hospital or some crazy poo poo is going down, we can at least text back and forth on Saturday about some wild rear end upset or Pac 4 After Dark insanity. The Shutdown Fullcast is usually saved for the 45 minute back and forth drive to the Vandy Medical Center and has me laughing my rear end off even when I'm getting my rear end kicked. Gamble responsibly but also drat my picks seem to be better when I'm hooked up to the good stuff in hospital.

Harbs ain't wrong about the status quo not being acceptable/sustainable. This poo poo is going to fly off the rails even harder with this round of realignment.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

What an insipid, saccharine song.

That's the first and last time I've actively listened to the Jonas Brothers.

I mean they're fine but I have no idea how you think this is the venue for them.

Edit: To wax more lyrically, Gameday is very clearly in a changing of the guard and the combination of the new and the old just isn't especially pleasant to watch. I'm playing Stellaris while watching so I don't care, but you've got Pat doing the more modern take and then some poo poo that feels out of the late 90's. Corso... Well... I mean it's just uncomfortable at this point.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 18, 2023

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

augias posted:

Love a vienneta

Oh man I miss the mint one.