Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Tree Bucket posted:

I've made a whole lot of avs for these forums. Mostly through the Free Av threads, but a few requests and stuff too.
Something about the challenge of fitting a whole story into a tiny square image scratches the right bits of my art brain...

Love these! Good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's almost Halloween again and I remembered these Jack-o-Lanterns we carved last year (please excuse the designated Halloween rep evaluating our craftsmanship)

Oh! Partner and I are going carving next weekend with some friends. Love spooky season!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Some cool poo poo being posted here! Really glad I clicked on the announcement post.

My favourite thing I've made is usually the most recent things I've made so:

https://i.imgur.com/Ug3LNCx.mp4

It's a vase I turned on the lathe using walnut and maple, made after an Alhambra-style vase I saw in a museum a few months ago. The vessel is 15" tall, the topper about 6".

I already posted it the Projects thread, for anyone interested in seeing more gooncrafts.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

This thread is dope and I wish I could share more of the things I make. But intellectual property and NDAs and all that. I'll look and see if I have things I can share.

Edit: Also check out my dope av made by our friend Tree Bucket up thread.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

I made this coat last year. It's due for a tune up.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I haven't been able to swing kimchi and it's always nice to see it happen

this is cool as hell

I like the juke into a calm domestic story.

pog boyfriend posted:

i am partial to this piece of music https://vocaroo.com/1fCTF2m6czIX

v chill

holy poo poo. the cables seem like a good choice -- don't obscure the trees.

holy poo poo again

man, I would like to learn how to make knives but I keep not doing it. I like that everything is from a found source, too. are you an inveterate cheapskate (a complimentary question)?

jfc this is wizardry. cool as gently caress.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Make lovely Dave a mod

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Trabant posted:

Some cool poo poo being posted here! Really glad I clicked on the announcement post.

My favourite thing I've made is usually the most recent things I've made so:

https://i.imgur.com/Ug3LNCx.mp4

It's a vase I turned on the lathe using walnut and maple, made after an Alhambra-style vase I saw in a museum a few months ago. The vessel is 15" tall, the topper about 6".

I already posted it the Projects thread, for anyone interested in seeing more gooncrafts.

hot drat that's a vase

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Samovar posted:

it helped me appreciate creativity even in the realm of something as minor as translation work.

it's wild how creative translation ends up having to be, even though it looks like just shunting things across.

yes another kind of creativity I'm jealous of. do you end up thinking of it like a 3D space you can navigate, or just the isometric view?

hell yes. I had a couple figures cast an extremely long time ago when mailing lists ruled the land but nothing so ambitious.

nice. what's it colored with? stain? paint?

extremely cool

I like the burl (?) bowl (?) as well

ah, the original sinister Santa outfit

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
feeling as though I'm getting a handle on these

this is my favorite piece so far this year

top one had some coffee grounds mixed into my usual clay on the crackly side. bottom one had a bunch of unsieved raw local clay mixed in overall.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

sock it to me! posted:

Make lovely Dave a mod

lovely Dave already holds a higher position of authority - the namesake of a league trophy, the lovely Dave Memorial Fouling Award, given to the coach who manages the most fouls during the regular season.

I’m glad my terrible goblin hooligan is so universally appreciated. I don’t know why, either - something about the name captures the essence of some dude you knew who would routinely try to get wasted and fight inanimate objects.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Empty Sandwich posted:

yes another kind of creativity I'm jealous of. do you end up thinking of it like a 3D space you can navigate, or just the isometric view?

A little bit of both, funny enough. I've done a lot more work for 3d games than 2d, but this is probably the project of mine which has been most-viewed. In this case, I make a really rough shape of what I want, usually starting with some flat concept - in this case, I wanted a roughly T-shaped level which would create an unusual funneling effect for the player's encounter with the enemies. Once I have the roughest shape, I start adding the pieces which will give it some dimensionality, cover of varying heights and durability, which is where the 3d layering starts to come in. I play the heck out of the level, tweaking as I go, until it starts to be fun to play. Around this time I also start to think of it as a real space, which means doing things like laying out buildings in the same way as a real place might, which lends verisimilitude to the map.

So yeah, saying it's both might be a cop out, but generally when making maps I try to come at it from a few approaches and layer them into one another, because I think it results in a more interesting and considered play space. This approach is just as valid for 3d games, but you come at it slightly differently as well.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

death cob for cutie posted:

hot drat that's a vase

Thank you!

Empty Sandwich posted:

I like the burl (?) bowl (?) as well

It's a carved tree stump -- not my creation though -- that is ostensibly a small chair. It's used more as a pedestal to pose whatever weird thing I've made recently :v:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

aniviron posted:

A little bit of both, funny enough. I've done a lot more work for 3d games than 2d, but this is probably the project of mine which has been most-viewed. In this case, I make a really rough shape of what I want, usually starting with some flat concept - in this case, I wanted a roughly T-shaped level which would create an unusual funneling effect for the player's encounter with the enemies. Once I have the roughest shape, I start adding the pieces which will give it some dimensionality, cover of varying heights and durability, which is where the 3d layering starts to come in. I play the heck out of the level, tweaking as I go, until it starts to be fun to play. Around this time I also start to think of it as a real space, which means doing things like laying out buildings in the same way as a real place might, which lends verisimilitude to the map.

So yeah, saying it's both might be a cop out, but generally when making maps I try to come at it from a few approaches and layer them into one another, because I think it results in a more interesting and considered play space. This approach is just as valid for 3d games, but you come at it slightly differently as well.

no, that's an extremely articulate response. ty

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
So glad I clicked through and ended up here, amazing posts so far.

My favorite thing I've made is definitely not my best, but I love it still. It took 40-50 hours when I made it like ten years ago. I need to find more excuses to get it out and wear it.

This is picture is awful because I was too lazy to pull it out of the closet

A closeup of the construction

An old picture of me wearing it

No, I didn't collect all those can tabs myself. I tried that at first but even asking all my friends to help I only had enough tabs for like a 6" x 6" piece. I ended up finding a 15-20lbs box of them for sale on ebay. Still have about half of them in a box somewhere.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That is fabulously shiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I'm part of the Louisville comedy scene and I also love making posters/flyers. Here are some favorites I've made for two of the mics I help/helped run

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread