Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I dabbled in hand embroidery for a bit and this was my favourite thing I made, it's a destroying angel

My brother got me a Stardew Valley cross-stitch kit and I made a couple things from that too

And I also make kimchi!

And now I've made this thread. What do you like to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Last year I made a coat out of a Pendleton blanket I got at the thrift store for $8. It is extremely warm and heavy.

Pre-covid I dyed all this fabric, and then during lockdown when I wasn't making masks, I cut it all up and made a quilt.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

holy poo poo you have such a talent! Both are amazing but god that quilt is incredible, I can't imagine the work put into either pieces

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
It's a lot of work! I go to sewing class once a week and only make 1-2 big pieces like that a year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

https://escapepod.org/2011/07/21/ep302-flash-extravaganza/

Fast forward to about 5:40 for a listen to a super short story called Wheels of Blue Stilton. This took 3rd in a flash fiction contest for the Escape Pod science fiction podcast.

It's my favorite thing I've ever written. :unsmith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Quiet Feet posted:

https://escapepod.org/2011/07/21/ep302-flash-extravaganza/

Fast forward to about 5:40 for a listen to a super short story called Wheels of Blue Stilton. This took 3rd in a flash fiction contest for the Escape Pod science fiction podcast.

It's my favorite thing I've ever written. :unsmith:

I love it! I love cheese. The ironic discussion of Stilton being British while also talking about cheddar was really good. I'd like to try Vermont cheddar, I hear there are some excellent US cheese makers in general.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
During Pandemic Times I got into mechanical keyboards; I needed a hobby that would let me work with my hands, produce something useful, and teach me a little patience - almost all of this poo poo is done via group buys where you wait months, maybe a year, maybe longer!!! to get your keycaps or whatever.

About a year ago the final thing I needed to make this arrived:

It is heavy as hell, that body is solid aluminum - it's a very satisfactory artifact and it looks quite regal sitting on my desk when I use it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I made this Captain Comic let's play (also available as a YouTube playlist) a few years ago and it's a rare example of a multi-part thing with a definitive end to it that I actually finished, rather than being a one-off stand-alone thing or an ongoing thing that I pick up and drop at random.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've made a whole lot of avs for these forums. Mostly through the Free Av threads, but a few requests and stuff too.
Something about the challenge of fitting a whole story into a tiny square image scratches the right bits of my art brain...

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i am partial to this piece of music https://vocaroo.com/1fCTF2m6czIX

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Tree Bucket posted:

I've made a whole lot of avs for these forums. Mostly through the Free Av threads, but a few requests and stuff too.
Something about the challenge of fitting a whole story into a tiny square image scratches the right bits of my art brain...

These are fantastic, but my favorite thing you've made is all of your incredible alignment charts in the comics thread. I'm always blown away by your talent.

My favorite thing I've made is this deck, especially the posts for the railing that I welded myself and had powdercoated, and I think look like a professional product.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I made this after getting mod challenged when I posted a riced cauliflower thread:

Bogus Adventure posted:

I decided to make a burner DailyMotion account because I use YouTube for work. So, without further ado:

FRIED RICE RICED CAULIFLOWER:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82dctx

Password: RICED CAULIFLOWER

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Like a decade ago we made a thread in GiP about making some kind of military graffiti dickart book. As typical goon projects go it didn't really go anywhere for a few months so I stepped up and made some copies.

I think it's over 160 pages now with most of it graffiti dickart and several pages of ridiculous stories I gathered from the idiots thread we have.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Tree Bucket posted:

I love zil's lemon.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I migrated here from 4chan a few years ago, and in the days where I was really starting to hate the place I was also very depressed and made a poo poo ton of gondola webms. Since I don't gently caress around that place anymore I might as well get some use out of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMpRbdVNnqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM--cT5yrjA
e: This trailer one is funny cuz I was trying to give an impression of frogs and crickets but the sample I got you can hear a bird that is clearly coastal. Also I wanted the song to make it sound like it was coming out of the radio but you can't hear the lyrics :lmao:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3lFhwd-380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU1wFtzcTpE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFfKgYCjxxM

edit: I feel guilty about the first two I posted because I stole those gondola images and drew the other three. Probably doesn't matter all that much

caspergers has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Sep 28, 2023

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
This animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGt6CJXEihQ

Took a lot of planning but everything came together in the end. The final pattern becomes visible right as the program runs out of memory and can't zoom any further.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
My big spoon.

I like it because it's useful and what I made it out of, the blade is made from a leaf spring from my grandfathers FJ Holden, the wood grip is made from the timber from a demolished old queenslander house, the brass I re forged from some sort of gas valve, the knuckle guard was a bit of probably stolen stainless steel bar that the neighbors crazy druggie son dumped in our garden along with a bunch of other crap before the police took him away and the sheaf is made from a discarded folio I found on the roadside. The thing is 17 inches long 11 of those are the blade, it has a full tang and is perfectly balanced for chopping out all the woody weeds and saplings that keep popping up in my garden every summer, seriously I don't even bother with the machete or brushcutter anymore.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
...is spoon a typo or a slang term or...?

Elviscat posted:

These are fantastic, but my favorite thing you've made is all of your incredible alignment charts in the comics thread. I'm always blown away by your talent.

My favorite thing I've made is this deck, especially the posts for the railing that I welded myself and had powdercoated, and I think look like a professional product.

Hey thanks! I wish I could build, like, physical things like that deck. The biggest thing I've tried to make was a house for my guinea pigs. It collapsed under their colossal weight.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tree Bucket posted:

...is spoon a typo or a slang term or...?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Pobody’s nerfect

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

coldpudding posted:

My big spoon.

I like it because it's useful and what I made it out of, the blade is made from a leaf spring from my grandfathers FJ Holden, the wood grip is made from the timber from a demolished old queenslander house, the brass I re forged from some sort of gas valve, the knuckle guard was a bit of probably stolen stainless steel bar that the neighbors crazy druggie son dumped in our garden along with a bunch of other crap before the police took him away and the sheaf is made from a discarded folio I found on the roadside. The thing is 17 inches long 11 of those are the blade, it has a full tang and is perfectly balanced for chopping out all the woody weeds and saplings that keep popping up in my garden every summer, seriously I don't even bother with the machete or brushcutter anymore.

this is sick, every time I see someone working with metal I think about those youtube videos with dudes casting scrap iron into ingots and poo poo in their backyard and I think "man, that could be me... if I sell my condo and move to a place with a backyard... a big one..."

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hotel Kpro posted:

Like a decade ago we made a thread in GiP about making some kind of military graffiti dickart book. As typical goon projects go it didn't really go anywhere for a few months so I stepped up and made some copies.

I think it's over 160 pages now with most of it graffiti dickart and several pages of ridiculous stories I gathered from the idiots thread we have.
Hah, thats awesome. Looks fancy too.

My favourite interactive installation I made was probably this one, for the Plastic Soup Foundation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gs8gWRMS-o
600 pieces of plastic waste fished from the great garbage patch float to the top of the water to form your silhouette in (almost) real-time when you stand in front of it

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Sep 14, 2023

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Hotel Kpro posted:

Is this book for sale anywhere? Because something this awesome needs to be findable in WorldCat.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, it's not the best picture, nor the best piece of embroidary, but I do like this small project I did of an icon of Artemis that I know have on my jean jacket like some type of a cheap-rear end punk:

I also like the translation project I did for the newspaper comic thread of Charlier's Blueberry. It was fun, I learned a lot of Swedish and... it helped me appreciate creativity even in the realm of something as minor as translation work.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

I brought my Drake posted:

Is this book for sale anywhere? Because something this awesome needs to be findable in WorldCat.

I've traditionally only sold it through Something Awful, either people PM me or I'll do a thread in SA-Mart or GiP/Internet VFW.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I brought my Drake posted:

This is absolutely correct

Hotel Kpro posted:

I've traditionally only sold it through Something Awful, either people PM me or I'll do a thread in SA-Mart or GiP/Internet VFW.

Is it still available? Do you have a link to any of the images? I’d love to check it out

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Snowy posted:

This is absolutely correct

Is it still available? Do you have a link to any of the images? I’d love to check it out

I print on demand through Blurb who has mysteriously not banned me from their site for printing this stuff. One of my coworkers asked me for some copies as well so I'll get a few more ordered

:nws:

https://i.imgur.com/7Dm3PFS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i2dkLnL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rLMOSQk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bzaj7WK.jpg

The official count seems to be 154 pages with 24 pages of stories and 4 for the special thanks section and the rest are various forms of graffiti dick art, mostly military related.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It's almost Halloween again and I remembered these Jack-o-Lanterns we carved last year (please excuse the designated Halloween rep evaluating our craftsmanship)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I like your jack-o-lanterns and kitty's Halloween costume.

I've missed out on carving pumpkins with my Nephew the last 3 years due to COVID, deployments, and work travel, I'm stoked to do it again this year.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Can't decide between the gallery show I held for my senior thesis or some of the video game levels I've made but the game levels are easier to take screenshots of than the photos are to find, so here, it's these:

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

I physically sculpted a team of goblins for Blood Bowl, got them cast up, and sold a few sets. First major project for me as a “professional” sculptor where I did concept art, planned to work with a caster, and got everything done in metal with the intention of maybe doing a kickstarter or something.

Bonus painted shots, although I’m not good at painting.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Long live lovely Dave.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Elviscat posted:

I like your jack-o-lanterns and kitty's Halloween costume.

I've missed out on carving pumpkins with my Nephew the last 3 years due to COVID, deployments, and work travel, I'm stoked to do it again this year.

It's always fun but I need to think ahead this year and try to actually plan out to what to carve on some of them.

He's having a fantastic time

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Earlier this year I wanted to try stained glass but realized it took a lot of materials and chemicals and stuff. I decided that doing a similar project but with stained wood could also be cool. I decided on a square 16" x 16" of an iconic magic card artwork.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Earlier this year I wanted to try stained glass but realized it took a lot of materials and chemicals and stuff. I decided that doing a similar project but with stained wood could also be cool. I decided on a square 16" x 16" of an iconic magic card artwork.

This is really cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

In 2021 I made this short film. I wrote the feature version in 2016 and have been trying to figure out a way to get it done for years. I ended up getting the short made due to pandemic money. I hired an actor who I believed in, had a pretty big crew for me, and did a lot of really insane stuff that's a little crazy to think about it in hindsight.
It was super hard and there's a lot I don't like about the final product...but there's a lot I adore and it means a lot to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2JNz9H1--I

I put it into festivals and some of it didn't go super well, but some of it got me a chance to meet a filmmaker who basically jolted me to jump on and make this thing finally. So that was neat.

Anyway here's a short version of the short. There's other versions. One is 30 on my channel on this video, and another is 23 mins, on the channel above with the trailer. Many cuts because I'd show it to people, and you can just feel them get a bit antsy. So I was trying to get it down to festival length. Honestly it's my favorite version because it gets in and out quick. But of course there's stuff I love in the other versions too but idk, anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMOa23vBIw

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
as someone who has worked on probably close to a hundred short films now, that is a crazy accomplishment even if you completely separate it from whether you're happy with it creatively or think you're talented or whatever. a 30 minute scripted short is no joke effort wise.

as for me i really love a short film i directed in 2015 but i'm not sure I wanna link it to my username.

but for comparison with yours: it was a single 7-hour shoot in one location, almost did it as a one shot (we would have done it with more prep). ended up about 8 minutes long. more than you'd get from a single day shoot normally but the script was wordy and the actors nailed it - they wrote it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Opens the admin announcement, peruses the new threads... ooh. I'm going to repost myself from the 3D printing thread - does 3D printing count? I'm going to go with yes, because the design is custom made by myself and a non-goon friend, and it's my printer that I got working after lots of calibration and test prints. The pins, alas, are not my design.

The 3D printed pin board:

The pins:

I am so happy with how this came out and can’t wait to print a dozen more!

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
Last May I completed my first ever knitted sweater. I gained a lot of weight that summer though, so it no longer fits me, but I plan to knit a new one next year in a bigger size now that I know what I’m doing lol.

Here’s the Imgur album:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ANwoBAd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
There are all awesome and everyone should be proud of themselves.