Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
This was my first time doing this, and I had no clue what I was doing.

The first step was walking out to my muscadine tree, pictured here.

No, muscadines don't grow on trees, yes, that's a muscadine tree anyways because the vines have crawled up it. Most of mine are the little purple guys, but I also have one vine of the big green guys, which I think might technically be scuppernongs? This is all very new to me.

Next up, I blended them and started boiling them in a pot.

Why are they neon purple? Impossible to say! Is anything fit for human consumption neon purple? Not to the best of my knowledge!
Then it was time to strain them. Apparently there's a thing called a juicing bag you can get, but I don't have one, so I used cheesecloth and this setup:

It didn't work very well. I ended up straining through a much larger cheesecloth into a bowl, not pictured.

Then it was time to taste the fruit of my labors. And it's terrible. Real tart. Just a garbage fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

What the gently caress I swear I just jumped universes because I thought they were called muscadimes by they're not.

:2monocle:

Is this universe any better? Who's president?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

DicktheCat posted:

What the gently caress I swear I just jumped universes because I thought they were called muscadimes by they're not.

:2monocle:

Is this universe any better? Who's president?
That's how they were spelled in the Berenstain Bear books.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Let it ferment, you'll get bad wine or OK vinegar. It's just grape juice.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I have no idea what a muscadine is but I'm down to quaff that poo poo

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Are those anything like currants?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Too many scuppernongs

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Update, I put some sugar in, and now it's pretty ok. I think maybe muscadines are just cranberries.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

you made the guy from megadeth? Badass

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Muscadines are crazy for how uncannily they taste like tomato on the outside and muskmelon on the inside. Utterly bizarre and fascinating.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Doctor Bishop posted:

Muscadines are crazy for how uncannily they taste like tomato on the outside and muskmelon on the inside. Utterly bizarre and fascinating.

I don't want either of those in anything I'm drinking thank you.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have never heard of these things before

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They sell the muscadine juice right next to the janjerel in my grocery store

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Smugworth posted:

They sell the muscadine juice right next to the janjerel in my grocery store

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Yes, aisle 1

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

it's a good source of polyphenols OP

so, a duck walks up to a lemonade stand...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Smell the muscadeez nutz op

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm not drinking any liquid that sounds remotely like musky.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

don't forget to make yerself some hull pie

yeehaw

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Smell the muscadeez nutz op

What is updog with you?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

great coffee mug. good job OP

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

dervival posted:

it's a good source of polyphenols OP

so, a duck walks up to a lemonade stand...

im always saying i dont get enough polyphenols i nmy diet.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Did anyone else read the title as mescaline juice?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Cutest coffee mug ever :kimchi:

edit:

Rad-daddio posted:

Did anyone else read the title as mescaline juice?

I misread it as masculine juice tbh

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 28, 2023

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Can you ferment them OP?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

nice. i'm currently prepping a homemade batch of bittersweet nightshade juice for my next d&d get-together.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Why's that first pic look so loving weird

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mans phone tripping on LSD

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I made a bunch of masculine juice today :dukedog:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Why's that first pic look so loving weird
That's just the mescaline talking.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Can you ferment them OP?
I looked into it, seems reasonably straightforward, but I'll need more muscadines. I don't know if I get any more this season or if that was it. There are a bunch up way high in the tree, but they're for the squirrels.

I'm thinking of yanking all the vines out of the tree and rebuilding the.. trellis? Vineyard? Whatever you call the posts and wires that grapes are supposed to grow on so I have better muscadine and scuppernong access next year.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 29, 2023

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Should've gone with mangosteen, OP

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Make muscadine preserves too

Will it be good? Idk i just made it up but do it anyway

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Slugworth posted:

I looked into it, seems reasonably straightforward, but I'll need more muscadines. I don't know if I get any more this season or if that was it. There are a bunch up way high in the tree, but they're for the squirrels.

I'm thinking of yanking all the vines out of the tree and rebuilding the.. trellis? Vineyard? Whatever you call the posts and wires that grapes are supposed to grow on so I have better muscadine and scuppernong access next year.

Only make muscadine wine if you are trying to pick up Marlboro grandmas at a beach music festival. That is it's only known purpose.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Jimlit posted:

Only make muscadine wine if you are trying to pick up Marlboro grandmas at a beach music festival. That is it's only known purpose.
loving Marlboro grandmas should be the deal breaker in that sentence, but honestly? It's the beach music.

Can we talk about how absolutely loving dismal beach music is? Every festival, fair, what have you, is beach music. And I had never heard of beach music before moving here, and the first time I heard the phrase I was like "oh, so they're gonna be playing like, Beach Boys covers? Cool" and then they absolutely did not play Beach Boys covers.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
They sell amanita muscaria gummies at headshops now

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Putty posted:

Make muscadine preserves too

Will it be good? Idk i just made it up but do it anyway

Got some muscadine jelly from a butcher shop a few months ago and it basically tastes like bubblegum.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

gonna try making jelly out of these guys I found in my yard. i'm fairly certain they're "prickly pears"

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
prickly pear is disgusting

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy you took inspiration from my jam I made. I'd recommend adding sugar and cinnamon, yum yum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Private Cumshoe posted:

They sell amanita muscaria gummies at headshops now

Does it still make people violently ill?