Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
My wife's in an orchestra that does video game music. We've gotten enough members that it's possible for them to do big, sweeping pieces, such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k.

Are there any goons out there who are comfortable/experienced writing for an orchestra and chorus? If so, would you be interested in arranging that piece (with an actual ending, of course)? I have a real budget for it but I'm honestly not sure what the price range is to have this sort of thing done. I'd like to do a half upfront payment, with our conductor having rights to request a limited number of revisions before final payment. I'd get you a total breakdown of how many people we have on which instrument before starting, as well as answer any questions I can.

The one caveat: I'd like to play as the rhythm guitarist, and I've got the chords for the song already. If they don't fit, I'd only ask that you keep the chords something that a beginner/intermediate guitarist could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I can't help you, but let me know if you want generative DAWLESS ambient, much of it in pitches that humans cannot hear

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Theres a bunch of composer groups on facebook with aspiring composers and arangers ready to pretty much suck dick if it'll get them a chance. Just.... careful with that crowd, theres a lot of young men with bowties and loving horrible brains in that scene.

And be careful to point out your after people who who have at least got a college education at a minimum in *aranging* for orchestra. Theres a lot of "composers" who think that dragging orchestral drum loops into ableton and spending ridiculous sums of cash on spitfire plugins makes one a composer but couldnt read sheet music , let alone write it to save their own lives. But amongst that lot , there are actually a lot of decent and skilled folks with tertiary training in orchestral arangement that can do it for a respectable price. Don't pay less than Music Union awards if you want something worth poo poo.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Edit: lol wrong forum sorry.