Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balthusdire
Jul 12, 2022
Breitbart skews to the right in the same way that a railway tie shoved through your body lengthwise causes a bit of trauma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

this is the eve thread sir are you on drugs

I made what I thought was a pretty reasonable statement to a post about inclusion in eve and it turned into this rofl.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Balthusdire posted:

Breitbart skews to the right in the same way that a railway tie shoved through your body lengthwise causes a bit of trauma.

Which is what I said.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Jay Derkin posted:

I made what I thought was a pretty reasonable statement to a post about inclusion in eve and it turned into this rofl.

smear more poo poo on your face tbh

ThePoliticsDipshit
Oct 18, 2022
i, jay derkin, think that ben shapiro is good and i want to kiss him on the mouth

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

smear more poo poo on your face tbh

Y'all are some majorly angry people. Touch grass.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

ThePoliticsDipshit posted:

i, jay derkin, think that ben shapiro is good and i want to kiss him on the mouth

Interesting that you came to that conclusion based on anything I've said.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Jay Derkin posted:

I would consider actual inclusion to be leaving everyone the gently caress alone and letting them live the way they want to. This recent trend of "You disagree with X small thing means you're a bigot and we hate you" is just ludicrous.

Shut up dipshit

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

The X I was referring to would be the state of Floridas ban on teaching about sex to kids below third grade in a school setting. That sounds reasonable to me and I got some major backlash on that one.

what does that have to do with being "too inclusive"?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Solus posted:

Shut up dipshit

No

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Jay Derkin posted:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
The More You Know: one of the first items a player comes across in Path of Exile is called the Shabby Jerkin

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
not now man I'm derkin

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
“Breitbart?” He scoffs, “I get all of my news from only the finest sources curated by the smartest man on the planet, Elon Musk’s Twitter Account! Why yes I am divorced why do you ask?”

gay jerkin
Aug 31, 2023
you may not like it, but this is peak sexy

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
The amount of rage and ripping my posts out of context is rather entertaining.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

everybody shut up I wanna find out who's being "toxically included"

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

you. poster. who's being included in a toxic way?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

gay jerkin posted:

you may not like it, but this is peak sexy

I am delighted to have angered you so much that you spent $20 to post that. Thank you.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

hailthefish posted:

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Jay Derkin posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corncob

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

hailthefish posted:

Balthusdire
Jul 12, 2022
You are taking my posts out of context and now I will fade into the manosphere instead of providing more context.

gay jerkin
Aug 31, 2023
the only inclusion im interested in is including this boys onlyfans in my late night web browsing ;)

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

gay jerkin posted:

the only inclusion im interested in is including this boys onlyfans in my late night web browsing ;)

shush stop giving him excuses to avoid answering the question

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

hailthefish posted:

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

shush stop giving him excuses to avoid answering the question

The question being?

Balthusdire
Jul 12, 2022

Jay Derkin posted:

The question being?

Thats a real humdinger, like you neither my eyes or scroll wheel is capable of going up.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

The question being?

hailthefish posted:

hailthefish posted:

everybody shut up I wanna find out who's being "toxically included"

hailthefish posted:

what does that have to do with being "too inclusive"?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

toxically included at the halloween party because I got all the crappy vanilla tootsies and not the orange ones

no no he's not mad he finds all this amusing

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Ah, the "what does this have to do with being too inclusive", that's precisely what I'm getting at. To be called a bigot over my view of the FL poo poo is something that makes no sense to me, that does not mean I hate anyone, or even hold negative views of anyone. I've been told that my view on that topic is harmful to LGBTQ people and pushes them out of the equation. I fail to see how that is in any way harmful to their community or even affects it. Like at all. If that is what people view as "inclusion" then it is very much outside of what I've ever considered the word to mean.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Saw gays kissing, confused, sad, maybe horny help

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
The dimly lit coffee shop hummed with a quiet energy, the soft clinking of cups and the distant chatter forming a gentle backdrop. Jay Derkin sat at a corner table, his eyes flicking over his phone screen as he tapped away, absorbed in his virtual world. He was known for his prowess in Eve Online, a refuge where he could escape from the complexities of reality.

A sudden interruption pulled him from his digital reverie. The bell above the door tinkled, and there stood Ben, a determined expression etched across his features. Their eyes met across the room, an electric charge igniting the air between them.

Jay Derkin's fingers hovered over the phone, his heart racing as Ben made his way over. There was an intensity to Ben's gaze, a mixture of curiosity and defiance. As he reached the table, the tension in the room seemed to amplify, the unspoken differences between them crackling in the air.

"Mind if I join you?" Ben's voice was steady, but there was an underlying vulnerability that couldn't be ignored.

Jay Derkin gestured to the empty chair, his own heart hammering in his chest. "Of course, have a seat."

They exchanged small talk, navigating the minefield of their differing beliefs with surprising grace. Despite the ideological chasm that separated them, there was an undeniable connection. Jay Derkin found himself drawn to Ben's unwavering convictions and the fire in his eyes, while Ben was intrigued by Jay Derkin's passion and unique perspective.

As their conversation deepened, Jay Derkin confessed to his recent purchase of a Something Awful account, a symbolic gesture against what he perceived as the erasure of cultures in the name of wokeness. Ben's lips curved into a half-smile, a flicker of understanding passing between them.

"You're not afraid to stand up for what you believe in, even if it's unconventional," Ben remarked, a hint of admiration in his voice.

Jay Derkin shrugged, a flush creeping up his cheeks. "Sometimes you have to make your voice heard, even if it means stepping into the fray."

Their eyes locked, a charged silence enveloping them. The weight of their differences still loomed, but in that moment, it was overshadowed by a growing awareness of their shared humanity.

Without warning, Ben leaned in, his lips brushing against Jay Derkin's in a hesitant, almost tentative kiss. It was a collision of worlds, a coming together of two souls that defied expectations. The kiss held a complexity that transcended their beliefs, a bridge between their differences that allowed them to explore the uncharted territory of their emotions.

As they pulled away, a mixture of surprise and longing in their eyes, the tension that had once defined their interaction seemed to dissipate. In its place was a newfound understanding, a recognition that there was something more important than their disagreements. Love had a way of softening the edges, of reminding them that they were both human, searching for connection in a world that often tried to tear them apart.

And in that quiet coffee shop, amidst the lingering warmth of their kiss, Jay Derkin and Ben realized that the journey ahead might be challenging, but it was a journey they were willing to undertake together.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
please update the OP with the official eve goons website.

http://www.evegoons.com

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Jay Derkin posted:

I sip eruditely from the wineglass, with my vintage 1982 loopy straw. A finely crafted argument.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Derkin posted:

Ah, the "what does this have to do with being too inclusive", that's precisely what I'm getting at. To be called a bigot over my view of the FL poo poo is something that makes no sense to me, that does not mean I hate anyone, or even hold negative views of anyone. I've been told that my view on that topic is harmful to LGBTQ people and pushes them out of the equation. I fail to see how that is in any way harmful to their community or even affects it. Like at all. If that is what people view as "inclusion" then it is very much outside of what I've ever considered the word to mean.

but that's nothing to do with inclusion. someone asked how people feel about the CCP survey and the topics of "inclusion" and "making this game not suck for women" and then you said "modern inclusion is toxic and has gone too far" and when pressed about it the only response you seem to have is "people shouldn't call me a dumbass because I don't think kids should have age appropriate sex ed before the actual onset of puberty, that's toxic inclusion" which has nothing to do with anything

so who's too included? how is inclusion toxic? what does that have to do with CCP trying to make miserable space game eve online less manifestly awful for the ladies? surely you have some opinion that connects these two ideas otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.

hailthefish fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 31, 2023

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Jay Derkin posted:

Jay Derkin posted:

The X I was referring to would be the state of Floridas ban on teaching about sex to kids below third grade in a school setting. That sounds reasonable to me and I got some major backlash on that one.

It's a much broader ban than that fwiw. It's a ban on any mention of gender identity or sexual orientation.

quote:

Florida education officials voted on Wednesday to prohibit any classroom instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in all of the state's public schools. The amended rule extends the current pre-K to third-grade curriculum restrictions through high school, with a few exceptions

That's a bunch of Shakespeare gone. Can't talk about Matthew Shepherd. It doesn't really specify gay, so I guess you can't mention that marriage should be between a man and a woman either, or heterosexual relationships. Saying "I'm married" would run afoul of this as well. They wrote it deliberately vague, but the boards involved are gonna be like "Well of course you can mention 'boys' and 'girls,' not doing that would be ridiculous" and "Well if course the male teacher can mention his marriage to a woman. But the other male teacher who's mentioned his marriage to a man, that's mentioning sexual orientation." The nebulous nature of the law put into place was on purpose; it's not some bug. They want to be able to enforce it selectively. Is any of this clicking?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Jay "D-name poster" Derkin

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Solus posted:

Jay "D-name poster" Derkin

it's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

It's a much broader ban than that fwiw. It's a ban on any mention of gender identity or sexual orientation.

That's a bunch of Shakespeare gone. Can't talk about Matthew Shepherd. It doesn't really specify gay, so I guess you can't mention that marriage should be between a man and a woman either, or heterosexual relationships. Saying "I'm married" would run afoul of this as well. They wrote it deliberately vague, but the boards involved are gonna be like "Well of course you can mention 'boys' and 'girls,' not doing that would be ridiculous" and "Well if course the male teacher can mention his marriage to a woman. But the other male teacher who's mentioned his marriage to a man, that's mentioning sexual orientation." The nebulous nature of the law put into place was on purpose; it's not some bug. They want to be able to enforce it selectively. Is any of this clicking?

I guess I largely just fail to see why that has any place in a pre 3rd grade classroom to begin with? You're laying the foundation of a good education, why does the teacher need to be giving their views on sexuality at all? I don't think a teacher should be talking about their personal life with their students, doesn't matter if they're gay or straight. My teachers never once did that and it didn't negatively affect my education.

I do very much have an issue with selective enforcement, and if that is the case then the people doing said selective enforcement should face consequences.